Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by That guy maybe View Post
    Then just wait until the morning. Why do you need it RIGHT NOW?
    because the reset happens in the morning, and also i need to leave at some point i cant be on all day? my only time to do these dailies has been the last hour and the next hour, but i cant cause a level 86 mage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tamurello View Post
    make a group and farm it
    Tried to, no one joined, gunna have to wait another hour to try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its not a 1v1 duel, its an objective based scenario, and the objective is zerg vs zerg. Its like complaining you can't current raid content by yourself.
    Except current raiding is current content, this is 6 year old content.
    with that logic cataclysm raids should REQUIRE ATLEAST 3 players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    In an objective based bg? Of course it is.
    except its not a bg

not on that list buddy, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it is cataclysm content, not current pvp, also it is not a battleground once it has PVE content in it, a raid, and dailies locked behind it that you cant do.
    But to unlock it you need to do a battleground. Just like Wintergrasp.
    it is actuallty not balanced around 85 at all. there is no mobs in the zone once it begins, im pretty sure (there may be a level limit but)
    It's level 85 content. It was made with them in mind.

A LEVEL ONE, COULD BEAT A LEVEL 110 IN THIS "BG"
    no, that is stupid, really you think it is good game design to let a level 86 beat a 110 in a bg, whatever.
    If it's objective based, sure. I also think a level 86 should be able to beat a level 110 in a round of chess, because the level of the character doesn't matter when you're not fighting.

ok well tough shit to you too
    No, I don't give a shit. I farmed my mount a long time ago.

again horrid game design
    and again horrid game design.
    According to you.

- - - Updated - - -

because the reset happens in the morning, and also i need to leave at some point i cant be on all day? my only time to do these dailies has been the last hour and the next hour, but i cant cause a level 86 mage.
    Do it tomorrow. Or the day after.

except its not a bg
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/nbgDoOm.gif[IMG]
    not on that list buddy, sorry.
    It's somewhere you battle, and it's on the ground.
    You still need to queue up for it, but since it's not current content, you just do it at an NPC

Seems to me he's bummed about the other guy being 86 than anything else

So to counter 1 person i should have to bring 3?
    Maybe but the activity is not balanced around 1vs1 so I can't tell you what exact number you'll need. In any case, if you want the mount from this GROUP activity then you need to bring a group. It was no different back when this was current content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by That guy maybe View Post
    But to unlock it you need to do a battleground. Just like Wintergrasp.
    It's level 85 content. It was made with them in mind.

If it's objective based, sure. I also think a level 86 should be able to beat a level 110 in a round of chess, because the level of the character doesn't matter when you're not fighting.

No, I don't give a shit. I farmed my mount a long time ago.

According to you.
    1. and guess what, in wintergrasp 1 person 24 levels below you can not stop you from capturing it.
    2. again it is not anymore, does that mean wotlk is still level 70 content, even though you can now do it at level 60?
    3. ok im done aruging with you now, because you have bassicly just agreed with the joke i made earlier about your point about how with your logic a level 85 should be able to beat a level 110 at dpsing.
    4. then dont post, i got close to farming it in cata but for some reason deleted the toon who i was close to getting to.
    5. yeah no, a level 1 player being able to fuck over a max level charecter should never be good game design.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Seems to me he's bummed about the other guy being 86 than anything else
    yeah if the guy was 110 i would be less salty, because hey fair fight, but that a level 86 can do it,( techniccly a level 1 could do it, yeah a level one winning in pvp against a level 110, and the 110 has NOTHING they can do about it) is just horrible, as i said, i am sure if suddenly a level 86 in leveling greens could beat level 110's in legendaries and heroic/mythic epics in duals, people would be complaining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Maybe but the activity is not balanced around 1vs1 so I can't tell you what exact number you'll need. In any case, if you want the mount from this GROUP activity then you need to bring a group. It was no different back when this was current content.
    except it is not a group activity to get the mount, it is a solo one.
    and i will need 3, one to defend each area.
    also that last line

So if blizzard suddenly made all old raids scale to current level, but kept the gear at their old level, meaning you need 40 people for molten core, would you be cool with that, would that be good game design to you?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-03-09 at 08:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. and guess what, in wintergrasp 1 person 24 levels below you can not stop you from capturing it.
    Because it's not objective based. It's "kill a thing" based
    2. again it is not anymore, does that mean wotlk is still level 70 content, even though you can now do it at level 60?
    Last I checked Wrath raids were still level 80 content
    3. ok im done aruging with you now, because you have bassicly just agreed with the joke i made earlier about your point about how with your logic a level 85 should be able to beat a level 110 at dpsing.
    When did I do that? When I said a level 86 should be able to beat a level 110 at chess? How's that in any way related to dps
    4. then dont post, i got close to farming it in cata but for some reason deleted the toon who i was close to getting to.
    That was kinda dumb of you.
    5. yeah no, a level 1 player being able to fuck over a max level charecter should never be good game design.
    If it's based on body-count and not anything else, yes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    How is Blizzards fault because you want to solo a whole battleground in a multiplayer game? Mage was just more willing.
    how was the mage more willing?
    also ok lets change your sentance up.
    "How is Blizzards fault because you want to solo a whole 6 year old raid in a multiplayer game?"

yeah if the guy was 110 i would be less salty, because hey fair fight, but that a level 86 can do it,( techniccly a level 1 could do it, yeah a level one winning in pvp against a level 110, and the 110 has NOTHING they can do about it)

- - - Updated - - -

except it is not a group activity to get the mount, it is a solo one.
    and i will need 3, one to defend each area.
    also that last line

So if blizzard suddenly made all old raids scale to current level, but kept the gear at their old level, meaning you need 40 people for molten core, would you be cool with that, would that be good game design to you?
    You're not winning this one. Deal with it.
    And yeah, I don't care much for old raids. Cleared them all while they were current just like I did with Tol Barad. I see no reason why you should get it for free just becuase you came in late.

And besides, you don't need 40 people to get this done. With that attitude though, I'm not surprised you're having propblems finding other players to help you.

Why not just camp the mage until he logs off or leaves?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Why not just camp the mage until he logs off or leaves?
    because it only lasts 10 minutes before you have to wait another hour, so i did so for 10 minutes but he still won, and now i have to wait.
    yeah, a level 110 killing a level 86 mage non stop for 10 minutes, and the mage wins?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You're not winning this one. Deal with it.
    And yeah, I don't care much for old raids. Cleared them all while they were current just like I did with Tol Barad. I see no reason why you should get it for free just becuase you came in late.

And besides, you don't need 40 people to get this done. With that attitude though, I'm not surprised you're having propblems finding other players to help you.
    ok, i want you to try and pass that off the community, that old content should stay just as hard, tell that to the mog hunters, gold farmers, mount and pet collectors, try to pass off to them that idea "Old content should not be easy"

Deleted
    If a level 86 mage was wrecking me as a level 110 warlock the last thing i would be doing is making a forum post to announce that said level 86 mage is absolutely wrecking me to the point i am in tears.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    If a level 86 mage was wrecking me as a level 110 warlock the last thing i would be doing is making a forum post to announce that said level 86 mage is absolutely wrecking me to the point i am in tears.
    ok, clearcut, tell me how i could beat him. please tell me all glorius how i can improve myself, to become a better player, and beat the mage!
    please, you seem to be so wise, teach me what i could have done.

Deleted
    So i am trying to do the rep and dailies for tol barad to get the tokens so i can get the mount.
    however half the tokens are locked behind owning tol barad, now with wintergrasp it is usually horde takes one, alliance takes one ,back and forth so everyone gets a shot.

however with tol Barad i just noticed it is literally impossible to take.
    so i enter, and there is a level 86 mage
    i am a level 110 warlock
    and guess who wins?
    the mage
    because as the attacker i need to capture all three buildings at once to claim tol barad so i can do my dailies.
    but i cant, cause as i capture one, he recapatures another.
    meaning i literally have NOTHING I CAN DO but to just say "lol fuck my dailies i guess"
    and i cant get in the seige tanks to destroy the towers and extend the match, and at this time of night it is impossible to find someone else.

has blizzard made any statement on this? because this is just horrid that dailies are locked behind this, so literally a single level 86 mage can DOUBLE my farming time for this rep and tokens...

Sorry if this ranty but holy fucking shit blizzard, this is pathetic.
    The area is awful in the first place. The two factions usually just ran around in a ring, so Horde captured X then went to Y, meanwhile Alliance left Z and went to re-capture X.
    The design was god damn awful and defenders had a huge advantage.

Since it's now a desert, how about making a group? Ask guild? Ask trade? Make a LFG one? If you're 3 guys it should be easy.

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter. It's still a multiplayer battleground. One thing is if you want to solo the raid but I am not talking about the raid, I am talking about the battleground and you have to conquer that battleground in order to do that raid. Blizzard is not in obligation to shrink or change the battleground design for solo players.
    so tell me how that is fair at all, are battlegrounds not about the right to be able to prove your skill and strenght!?
    oh wait, there is LITERALLY NOTHING IN THIS UNIVERSE you can do to win, when there is a person on the defending team, even if that person is a naked level 1.

because it is a battleground that is 1v1.
    it is legit NOT FAIR AT ALL that a 86 can beat a level 110, and the level 110 can do NOTHING to stop the 86 from winning.
    Again, you're crying over the fact that someone plays the OBJECTIVE in an OBJECTIVE based map.

I am done.. the level difference is completely irrelevant, it's not 1 v 1, you're just deluded into thinking the world hates you.

because it only lasts 10 minutes before you have to wait another hour, so i did so for 10 minutes but he still won, and now i have to wait.
    yeah, a level 110 killing a level 86 mage non stop for 10 minutes, and the mage wins?

- - - Updated - - -

ok, i want you to try and pass that off the community, that old content should stay just as hard, tell that to the mog hunters, gold farmers, mount and pet collectors, try to pass off to them that idea "Old content should not be easy"
    Holy shit, you're dense...

Stop comparing it to PVE content. It's not the same thing. It's PVP content that also happens to be objective based so level is pretty much irrelevant. Defender has the advantage and you can't do it alone if there's any opposition, so get over it. Nothing wrong with the game design.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    The area is awful in the first place. The two factions usually just ran around in a ring, so Horde captured X then went to Y, meanwhile Alliance left Z and went to re-capture X.
    The design was god damn awful and defenders had a huge advantage.

Since it's now a desert, how about making a group? Ask guild? Ask trade? Make a LFG one? If you're 3 guys it should be easy.
    trying to make a group, still no joins.
    its 3:20 am so no one on in guild.
    asked trade everyone is rping (rp realm)
    made lfr (still no joins as above)

but yeah i did tol barad alot back in cata, and i hated it, really hope someday they do an actual wintergrasp 2.0

It doesn't matter. It's still a multiplayer battleground. One thing is if you want to solo the raid but I am not talking about the raid, I am talking about the battleground and you have to conquer that battleground in order to do that raid. Blizzard is not in obligation to shrink or change the battleground design for solo players.
    How is it fine for the mage to solo the exact same Battleground?

Which is precisely what he is doing.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Holy shit, you're dense...

Stop comparing it to PVE content. It's not the same thing. It's PVP content that also happens to be objective based so level is pretty much irrelevant. Defender has the advantage and you can't do it alone if there's any opposition, so get over it. Nothing wrong with the game design.
    except it has PVE content LOCKED BEHIND IT.
    if it was just "i want to win this because i can!" whatever
    but there is mounts, pets, acheivments, toys, and transmogs all locked behind this that is literally impossible in a level 110 versus even a level 1.