Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    what? im abit confused what you mean by this. could you explain abit more in depth?
    cause im confused how that equals to me getting exalted with the faction on my warlock, and getting all the things, allthough i guess i should get some of my alts doing it aswell for the more per day...
    so i can spend like 3 days then get the pet on one char, 3 days toy on another, etc.
    I mean I have a max-level Alliance character and a max-level Horde character on the same server. When I am on the Alliance character and want to farm Tol Barad, but it belongs to the Horde, I log in the Horde character and farm using that character. All of the difficult to get items (and all achievements) are typically shared between factions, so it does not matter which side you are farming them on.

Same for Wintergrasp.

PS: I agree you have a point. Blizzard should just do away with the requirement to hold Tol Barad and make the dailies available to both factions. I am just saying how I specifically work around the issue. What I am doing might or might not help you.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-03-09 at 01:38 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ok and i told you and them many times
    i tried
    and agian you lot keep acting as if it was a button i could just press and have it happen, that is was MY FAULT that no one else was joining, again tell me what I MYSELF could have done differently?
    You could also have come back another day...

Tol Barad isn't going anywhere. It's been there for what, 8 years already? It'll be there for many years to come. It has never been a matter of urgency yet, I am sure you can wait a bit longer.

Deleted
    Except i love how you compeltly ignore the fact that even if i am higher level, better geared, and more skilled, to beat this SOLO PLAYER i am REQUIRED to bring A GROUP
    What makes me laugh is the sheer number of people who have told you the same thing and yet they are all wrong but you are right.

I'm going to potentially waste my time by joining them;

Imagine a 110 and an 86 approach an old school mining node, only one person can mine it, on a PVE server. Should the 110 have the advantage because they are a higher level? If so, why?

You keep banging on as though player level should make a difference and if you WERE fighting 1v1 then I would agree.

But you're not fighting 110 vs 85, you're fighting 1 vs 1 in a battle of click the objects and the 86 as the defender has the advantage.

How about another question;

If that other player was also 110 and continued to deny you a win, would accept the situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post

Tol Barad isn't going anywhere. It's been there for what, 8 years already? It'll be there for many years to come. It has never been a matter of urgency yet, I am sure you can wait a bit longer.
    Coming back another day mostly does not work in my experience. If a particular thing belongs to a single faction on some server, there is a high chance it will be theirs 90% of the time.

What works is switching servers or logging in a character of the different faction. Apart from re-taking the thing, that is, but that's very difficult to do solo for some things.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you were a level 86 who was able, 1v1 to defend against a level 110, you'd be pretty chuffed with yourself, and rightly so. But because you're the level 110 you're acting like a sore loser. Sorry to be blunt, but that is the way you're coming across.

Yes, I get it, you're frustrated. Understandable. But that doesn't make it unfair, stupid design etc. In any pvp activity you're always going to have to have a winner and loser. That is the nature of PvP. Deal with it.

Firstly, not everything in WoW has to be about who has the highest level, best equipment, most elite combat prowess. The game has that content aplenty, and if it's what you're looking for go do battlegrounds or arena etc.

Secondly, this really is ancient content, designed to pit large groups of players against each other. It was never built to be a 1v1 contest, so you'll just have to accept that when it is 1v1, this is what it is. By default it's easier to defend as 1v1. That's ok.

The point of the design is that a single player can defend Tol Barad from a lone attacker. The solution for the attacker seems obvious: go find someone to help you.

Seems like a bit of a strawman tbh.

Firstly, your opponent didn't win because of his faction. He won because his faction happened to control TB at the start. To all intents and purposes it's like he won a coin toss. So if I entered a WSG and at the end no one capped any flags and the winner was announced by coin toss - fine. It's as fair a mechanism as any.
    1. no, i wouldent because i would understand it has nothing to do with content, and has to do with the whole defender wins by default concept.
    2. again the only reason i mention his level is because idk if you have been reading the thread, but even after mentioning he is 86 people still think i lost to him because i could not kill him... so i have to mention the level or else people just think i lost in a 1v1 battle got killed and now im mad.
    3. yes a winner and a loser is good, of corse you allways will. but a rigged system is not good. its like entering a duel then as soon as you enter the referee goes "OK RED WINS now duel!"
    4. correct there s other ways to get gear, dont get this point
    4 (secondly) uhh what? "easier to defend as 1v1" no you literally cannot lose if you are defending 1v1 ,it is not "easier" it is "garunteed"
    5. so the attacker even if better in every single way to the defender is now REQUIRED to get another, well the defender is not required, do you see how utterly stupid and unfair that is? that the attacker is required to bring 2 people to win, wel lthe defender is only required to come alone to win.
    6. i use it because the whole concept of a "default winner" is stupid and just feels utter shit, for example what happens in current warsong gulch, you get a point and your winning yeah! 1/0 the other team ties the game near the end and win? but wtf they tied the game, how is that fair? oh wait it isnt and that sucks, it encourages just stupid plays and feels shitty for the team that lost cause they got the first score, but nope their fucked because of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Because he's defending and therefore has a stronger position strategically.
    and that makes for good gameplay how?
    i shot you with my hunter
    you get insta killed
    good gameplay cause its realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    are you legit defending the concept that we should be required to make groups for 7 year old content?
    Or have a bit of patience. The fact that you struggle so much to find people with which to group is an indication of the lack of interest in TB, which means that if you come back again later, there is a good chance you'll be able to capture it uncontested. I have done this several times.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainyan View Post
    It's simple: Tol Barad was NEVER about gear. It was about strategy. It was about keeping the enemy from flipping towers through strategic use of resources (ie people). The defending team ALWAYS had an advantage - it was up to the attacking team to properly use their resources in order to gain ground. If you had a group of raid-geared attackers and a group of quest-geared defenders, equally numbered, the defenders still had the better advantage, despite the gross gear variance, because they simply had to ensure that one tower remained in their grasp at the end of the game. That meant the attackers simply couldn't move en masse and wipe out the piddly defenders and grab a tower - they had to strategically deploy to each tower and actually fight to win and keep it.

Tol Barad is probably one of the best designed and most fair battleground scenarios in the game. It actually flipped on a regular basis between Alliance and Horde because even on faction-dominated servers, as long as you could fill the group on the other side, as long as you played smart, you could flip the battleground. It's only when interest waned that the gross imbalance began to be an issue, because there simply weren't enough of the non-dominant side to contend.

So, no - you don't understand how to play Tol Barad. If you want to 1 v 1 in there, you will never win, because it's not a strictly PvP scenario, it's a tower capture/defense scenario that includes PvP mechanics.
    uhh what? i dont... what?
    ok you may want to read the thread again.
    in tol barad there is a rep with mounts, pets, toys, tabards, and weapon mogs for tokens.
    now 66% of these tokens are locked behind dailies you can ONLY DO if you own tol barad.
    you know what i give up i dont even, i dont think you even read what i was saying, never did i want to 1v1, i just wanted to get my fucking dailies done, but well finding people is not as simple as just pressing 1 button and boom a second person appears.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I mean I have a max-level Alliance character and a max-level Horde character on the same server. When I am on the Alliance character and want to farm Tol Barad, but it belongs to the Horde, I log in the Horde character and farm using that character. All of the difficult to get items (and all achievements) are typically shared between factions, so it does not matter which side you are farming them on.

Same for Wintergrasp.

PS: I agree you have a point. Blizzard should just do away with the requirement to hold Tol Barad and make the dailies available to both factions. I am just saying how I specifically work around the issue. What I am doing might or might not help you.
    ok well here is my issue, i want to get the mounts/pets etc off the vendor, now that requires tokens you earn from the dailies, so i dont really wanna split those across a bunch of charecters, and i wanna try to do them every day so its not months in the future that im finally getting them.

ok and i told you and them many times i tried
    Can't win 'em all.
    Yet you still believe it's blizzards fault for making a horrid experience for you.

It's like when you give a child that toy with circle, square and star to put through a wooden board.

In this case, the child goes "my square piece doesn't fit in circle".
    The child gets told to use a circular piece.
    Child replies "I don't have circular piece. How do I fit this square one through?"

7+ Year Old Account

but.. its dailies... how could i come back another day? i need to do this DAILY for MONTHS to get them all.
    also because i much fucking rather be doing something else, but having to waste time in a bg just to lose, then have to hearth back, then an hour later come all the way back to try again... alot of wasted time...

ok well here is my issue, i want to get the mounts/pets etc off the vendor, now that requires tokens you earn from the dailies, so i dont really wanna split those across a bunch of charecters, and i wanna try to do them every day so its not months in the future that im finally getting them.
    doing the dailies on multiple characters means it will take you less time overall to purchase all the rewards btw you can buy the mount on one character and the toy on another character!

Or have a bit of patience. The fact that you struggle so much to find people with which to group is an indication of the lack of interest in TB, which means that if you come back again later, there is a good chance you'll be able to capture it uncontested. I have done this several times.
    Look, here is what happens:

Tol Barad belongs to the other faction because the few people interested in farming it on your side log in in normal times and the few people farming it on the other side log in earlier / with unusual schedules.

That's all.

The interest is low on both sides, but Tol Barad won't be yours, because it is a bit higher (or maybe the same, but they lucked out with login times) on their side. Until they are done with it, it won't be yours. This *is* a bit stupid for outdated content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    What makes me laugh is the sheer number of people who have told you the same thing and yet they are all wrong but you are right.

I'm going to potentially waste my time by joining them;

Imagine a 110 and an 86 approach an old school mining node, only one person can mine it, on a PVE server. Should the 110 have the advantage because they are a higher level? If so, why?

You keep banging on as though player level should make a difference and if you WERE fighting 1v1 then I would agree.

But you're not fighting 110 vs 85, you're fighting 1 vs 1 in a battle of click the objects and the 86 as the defender has the advantage.

How about another question;

If that other player was also 110 and continued to deny you a win, would accept the situation?
    tenaka
    the 1 single mining node does not then make the 110 have to wait a hour and a half allmost until tehy can then mine that node again...

and as i have said in many
    many
    many
    many
    many
    many
    posts before, his level does not matter, i mention it because tons of people keep coming it, ignoring the level and saying "you got killed in pvp git gud"
    i mentioned it so hopefully people would understand it has NOTHING, ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to do with combat, and is simply because if it is a 1v1 the battleground is IMPOSSIBLE to attack.

- - - Updated - - -

ok raelbo, so umm this is a world of warcraft website mostly
    welcome to wow, so there is a thing called a daily, these quests reset per day, right? got it, ok so umm they reset at a set time each day and umm once reset you cannot do those dailies, you can only do the new days dailies so umm.
    if i need 100 tokens and can get 5 a day that is 20 days from now i will have it but umm if i just you know as you said dont do it, lets say every other day, then its 40 days...

So i am trying to do the rep and dailies for tol barad to get the tokens so i can get the mount.
    however half the tokens are locked behind owning tol barad, now with wintergrasp it is usually horde takes one, alliance takes one ,back and forth so everyone gets a shot.

however with tol Barad i just noticed it is literally impossible to take.
    so i enter, and there is a level 86 mage
    i am a level 110 warlock
    and guess who wins?
    the mage
    because as the attacker i need to capture all three buildings at once to claim tol barad so i can do my dailies.
    but i cant, cause as i capture one, he recapatures another.
    meaning i literally have NOTHING I CAN DO but to just say "lol fuck my dailies i guess"
    and i cant get in the seige tanks to destroy the towers and extend the match, and at this time of night it is impossible to find someone else.

has blizzard made any statement on this? because this is just horrid that dailies are locked behind this, so literally a single level 86 mage can DOUBLE my farming time for this rep and tokens...

Sorry if this ranty but holy fucking shit blizzard, this is pathetic.
    Get friends, use LFG tool, do whatever, but ranting here about old world pvp content from the worst expansion to date is pointless.

No solution to that. The overhead with two characters is not that bad, and you can farm every day, but it would of course be better if you could use just one character, agree.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    Can't win 'em all.
    Yet you still believe it's blizzards fault for making a horrid experience for you.

It's like when you give a child that toy with circle, square and star to put through a wooden board.

In this case, the child goes "my square piece doesn't fit in circle".
    The child gets told to use a circular piece.
    Child replies "I don't have circular piece. How do I fit this square one through?"
    wow thanks for proving my point.
    thank you.
    "My square peice doesent fit in this circle hole" use the circle piece" i dont have one" therefore it is unfair, the kid cant fit it in the hole, and that is not their fault, that is the fault of the person who gave them the peice, and the hole.

Blizzard made the BG, and eventually it became old and no longer used, and well allmost like in many raids they have made soloable, they could idk... change the BG?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    doing the dailies on multiple characters means it will take you less time overall to purchase all the rewards btw you can buy the mount on one character and the toy on another character!
    Yeah it is what im doing, however i would like to get it done in shorter time span (my lock is working towards 200 for mount then 70 for staff, dk will work towards 200 for fox, i think my demon hunter will prob work 40 towards tabard then 40 towards light)

so i will try to do that, as i do want to just get it behind me and not be working on it on one charecter for 4 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Get friends, use LFG tool, do whatever, but ranting here about old world pvp content from the worst expansion to date is pointless.
    i have lots of friends, none are on at 3:20Am.
    had my group in LFG for 2 and a half hours only 1 person showed and it was a realm hopper.
    wanting the mto change something is pointless?
    also cata worse then WoD? really?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    It makes good gameplay when you run it as designed. In a group.
    Ok so allright here for the argument i will agree with you.
    i have to run it as a group agreed.
    so all old raids now require full groups to run them now too, because it is only good gameplay when you require more people.

wow thanks for proving my point.
    thank you.
    Happy to help, have a great weekend

Deleted
    and as i have said in many posts before, his level does not matter,
    Actually you made multiple references to the fact that BECAUSE of his level you feel he should not have this advantage.

so a level 110 getting beat in pvp by a single level 86 is good gameplay by your logic?
    however because a level 86 mage is able to stop a level 110, i can only get 7.
    its allmost like a level 86 should not be able to beat a level 110 in a 1v1?
    And i dont think a level 86 being able to beat a level 110 at anything is something that should be intended.
    I think your issue is actually how the battle works in that it requires a minimum number of people involved to flip ownership, but as others have also told you, this is working as intended. If you agree with this then you need to modify how you are presenting your argument so as to avoid this confusion and stop referring to level entirely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Ah makes sense, I suppose they designed it around the idea there were 1v1, I suppose you just have to bring someone or make a group in gf
    It was 40v40 and even bac kthen defending won 75% of the time or more because it was so hard to capture

its allmost like a level 86 should not be able to beat a level 110 in a 1v1?
    Defender's advantage > level advantage in this instance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Actually you made multiple references to the fact that BECAUSE of his level you feel he should not have this advantage.

I think your issue is actually how the battle works in that it requires a minimum number of people involved to flip ownership, but as others have also told you, this is working as intended. If you agree with this then you need to modify how you are presenting your argument so as to avoid this confusion and stop referring to level entirely.
    i mentioned that because the concept is just trash that even more skilled, geared, leveled, and experianced, you CANNOT WIN 1v1.
    that is what my intention was.

Making it so both factions can do the quests, or making it just flop back and forth so you do it each other hour... instead of going hours or days without your faction capturing it.