Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How would a Wrath of the Lich King 2 look like?

How would a WotLK 2 look like?
    With Chronicle 3 giving us more lore about the Lich King we can look at the Scourge from another perspective: They're more dangerous than the Legion. Not only that but the Lich King has one goal: Defend Azeroth by all means necessary. That's something that fits Bolvar's character especially as Lich King now. It's inevitable with what happened in the DK storyline that he is drifting quickly to start fulfilling that purpose I stated earlier. We also know that Kel'thuzad is out there and will return.

This is what I see in WOTLK 2
    New Continent: Asgardia [A continent based on mainly Vrykul. It is where the God-Kings and God-Queens of Vrykul rule over their clans. Similar to Northrend but unique in its own way.]
    Main Antagonist: Bolvar
    Second Antagonist: Kel'thuzad
    Protagonists: Sylvanas, Anduin, Saurfang, Jaina, Grommash Hellscream, Arator
    Minor Characters: Odyn, Sigyrn
    Allied Races: Vrykul [Alliance], Tuskarr [Horde], Taunka [Horde], Furbolg [Alliance]
    New Hero Class: Necromancer [Human and Undead only] [Starts at Lvl 118] [Trained by Kel'thuzad in Naxxramas. Goes from WotLK timeline to current timeline like DH's starter zone story in Legion] [Cloth-RDPS and Tank Spec by controlling and empowering an advanced pet to be a tank for you and your party.]

What do you think?
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2018-03-09 at 10:52 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I don't think it would be an actual expansion. Kind of like how the emerald dream COULD have been an expansion but it was pushed down to a raid. I feel like it would feel far too similar to wrath and it would boil down to being patch content with a raid somehow.

I loved Wrath, favorite expansion and favorite theme...still I don't feel like it would make for a good expansion revisiting it.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I don't think it would be an actual expansion. Kind of like how the emerald dream COULD have been an expansion but it was pushed down to a raid. I feel like it would feel far too similar to wrath and it would boil down to being patch content with a raid somehow.

I loved Wrath, favorite expansion and favorite theme...still I don't feel like it would make for a good expansion revisiting it.
    The Scourge will come back. It's hinted in game in WoD and Legion and all over the recent Chronicle book.

The hero class wouldn't work. Too similar to Death Knights/Warlocks.

I do like the overall expansion idea, however. Hell it might even be better than BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The Scourge will come back. It's hinted in game in WoD and Legion and all over the recent Chronicle book.
    I'm sorry, I must have missed where I said they wouldn't.

Deleted
    What do you think?
    I think that if they introduce more cloth/leather/plate classes before any kind of Mail, people will go nuts. There is no reason to have such a huge imbalance in armor classes, even if it fits the theme. Adding two leather classes in a row was bad enough.

Bolvar facefucks the horde and alliance at the same time.

The Lich King better find a way to relocate the Frozen Throne or this aint happening.

Maybe pull a Dalaran with all of Icecrown lol.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    The Lich King better find a way to relocate the Frozen Throne or this aint happening.

Maybe pull a Dalaran with all of Icecrown lol.
    This is why WOTLK 2 would be different. It'd be similar to Legion's story. It's too dangerous yet to head to Icecrown and just kill Bolvar but rather seek out allies of near demi-gods to aid us against Bolvar's empowered and united Scourge. ICC 2 could be the very end raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would a WotLK 2 look like?
    With Chronicle 3 giving us more lore about the Lich King we can look at the Scourge from another perspective: They're more dangerous than the Legion. Not only that but the Lich King has one goal: Defend Azeroth by all means necessary. That's something that fits Bolvar's character especially as Lich King now. It's inevitable with what happened in the DK storyline that he is drifting quickly to start fulfilling that purpose I stated earlier. We also know that Kel'thuzad is out there and will return.

This is what I see in WOTLK 2
    New Continent: Asgardia [A continent based on mainly Vrykul. It is where the God-Kings and God-Queens of Vrykul rule over their clans. Similar to Northrend but unique in its own way.]
    We've already seen their main land, and it was deemed a loss thanks to us, the old gods and the Lich King. Northrend was the continent of the Vrykul. And the connection to Asgard was created after Odyn stole a piece of Ulduar - before that, they were just mighty titan constructs with names fitting the lands.

Main Antagonist: Bolvar
    That is a possibility.

Second Antagonist: Kel'thuzad
    I have a feeling, as Bolvar - unlike Arthas - is completely at control, that this would NOT be a possibility. Unless Sylvanas resurrected him for power, just to have him destroyed by the Lich King.

Protagonists: Sylvanas, Anduin, Saurfang, Jaina, Grommash Hellscream, Arator
    Ugh, they would most of them just feel like they were added for reference instead of reason. Three of the names rather not see the time of the Lich King again, nor see it happen. The three others hold no understanding of the horrors there had been.

Minor Characters: Odyn, Sigyrn
    You might wanna extend this further for it to stick, like an extension to the valkyr, and the wild gods.

Allied Races: Vrykul [Alliance], Tuskarr [Horde], Taunka [Horde], Furbolg [Alliance]
    Vrykul: We would be stuck with importing Vrykul from the Broken Isles, for none with enough respect would join the two factions whom took away their two mightiest leaders.

Tuskarr: A completely neutral race without any current storyline of betrayal to them unlike the Nightborne, I fail to see their possible recruitment chance.

Taunka: Would make sense, they are already of the Horde. This is where it would be unfair for the Alliance, as the two you designated to them, has never had a connection to the Alliance.

Furbolg: I have my doubt that they would join further wars unless a raid for corrupted wild gods would happen.

New Hero Class: Necromancer [Human and Undead only] [Starts at Lvl 118] [Trained by Kel'thuzad in Naxxramas. Goes from WotLK timeline to current timeline like DH's starter zone story in Legion] [Cloth-RDPS and Tank Spec by controlling and empowering an advanced pet to be a tank for you and your party.]

What do you think?
    I don't mind a necromancer but I don't see it a possibility. I had started to believe it would be more possible with a 4th Death Knight specc turning them into ranged. I'd rather see a mail class be developed - melee to mid-ranged. And the story idea seem to be a dead end, unless the Necromancers weren't trained by Kel'thuzad for her was banished before the fall of the Lich King, and before Bolvar took the throne, and unsure if the Alliance encampments as well as the crusade between the frozen throne and the ruins of Naxxramas would approve of the scourge moving out without warning the others.

You see, there is some problems in your idea. As well, it would be a big loss on it as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Stoopid Aik View Post
    The hero class wouldn't work. Too similar to Death Knights/Warlocks.

I do like the overall expansion idea, however. Hell it might even be better than BfA.
    People said DHs are too similar to Rogues/Demo-Warlocks. That they'd never be added and yet...

10+ Year Old Account
    i think it could be an expansion, but its its own. Need another thread along with Lich King. Maybe Yog and a few underground zones as well. All but 4 zones above ground were destroyed somehow. Icecrown, StormPeaks, Dragonblight, and Zuldrak Remain. Others sank. 3 new zones under Dragonblight. 4 on top remade from scratch. This would be like WoD. Own phase. Can still visit old Northrend.

you take WotLK subs and divide by 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I don't think another scourge expansion will work, mainly because people wanted to fight Arthas, the fact it won't be him will hurt it a lot, I feel like an old god/ Lich King alliance could be interesting, perhaps Bolvar is already under their influence and he pseudo-dominated the Deathlord into killing paladins and dragons in Legion. They could do a great DK only chain (similar to what locks got) about whether or not they can resist the will of the Lich King once again, plus we could get some gnarly undead old god fucked up aberrations.
    Arthas was a big draw yes but so was the Scourge and Northrend as well.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact of the matter is: WotLK was not a success because of the Lich King. It was Arthas. Warcraft 3 fans got the expansion the day it was released. I remember I had friends that did not even play WoW waiting with me in a local store to open up and buy the expansion. I'm a huge fanboy of the Lich King. But he is dead. Bol'var as the Lich King? Please, nobody cares about him. If Blizzard wants to introduce the Lich Successor (that is not even a successor since he just took the title when Arthas was already dead) then they have to make him more relevant. Not just for Death Knights, but for everyone. Last we saw him was when he got the helm of domination. Nothing else. We need to actually feel threatened by him or feel something.

I would love to see a Mage that wears mail. so ranged dps 2 specs and healing for the last. no more tanks. But necromancer but instead of cloth it wears mail.. or could be a hybrid and wear both. Not likely though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Arthas was a big draw yes but so was the Scourge and Northrend as well.
    Not really. Every single warcraft 3 fan jumped straight into WoW when they heard "Arthas is going to appear in World of Warcraft". I remember because my younger brother didn't give a single care in the world for Northrend, death knights, Scourge or anything else. When he heard this name, he made me buy him the game. Biggest mistake of my teenage life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    I would love to see a Mage that wears mail. so ranged dps 2 specs and healing for the last. no more tanks. But necromancer but instead of cloth it wears mail.. or could be a hybrid and wear both. Not likely though.
    Necromancer with anything BUT cloth is not a real necromancer... It wouldn't make any sense when it comes to the fantasy aspect of it.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Instead of a new continent I could see them pulling a Cataclysm and just add new zones to EK and Kalimdor or revamp old ones. They could even do the whole "invasions" thing again from Legion only Scourge invasions instead of Demon ones.

As for where we fight Bolvar, I think Stormwind or Lordaeron would actually be cool. I mean, we had a raid in Orgrimmar so why not Stormwind/Lordaeron? What if Bolvar decides to go to the EK to "return home" and create more scourge. Bolvar is from Stormwind but Arthas is from Lordaeron so either location would fit for a final Lich King raid.

I already brought up the idea in another thread that maybe Bolvar is starting to forget who he is. He's getting his memories and Arthas' memories and Ner'zhul's memories all mixed together and he can't tell them apart anymore so maybe thats how you bring Calia in to the story. Bolvar thinks she is his sister.

I think by going in that direction you can bring characters like Muradin and Sylvanas back in to the storyline. Turalyon has some unfinished business with Arthas as well since Arthas is basically the reason the OG Alliance fell and Turalyon once co-lead the OG Alliance with Arthas' dad. Saurfang I imagine would like some closure since Arthas killed his son. Jaina also can be brought in to this story because of her past with Arthas but I imagine she also knew Bolvar quite well because he was close to Varian and so was she. I think the most important hero character in this story is obviously Anduin as he was pretty much raised by Bolvar as a child.

That said, I don't know if they would do another full Lich King expansion. I think there would need to be more than just that. Maybe bring back the Botani? Maybe the Botani can invade Kalimdor and the Scourge invade EK. It could have this Life & Death theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    WELL obviously it would end with sylvanas finally putting the helm of domination because there must always be a lich queen ^_^;; lul

It would probably be a more BfA like situation - maybe add Azjol'Nerub proper as a "New Continent" below Northerend, but still have phasing up top to reflect changes and host WQs, in addition to Warfronts that pit players versus the Scourge - both on Northerend and the homefront.