Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Which themes/universes would you like to see more in video-games?

Greetings, champions. Good to see you all!

So, lets be real: We have too many games featuring orcs, dwarfs, warriors, mages, dungeons and dragons. And there's nothing wrong with that!
    But they're usually the "easy" choice - it's easier than trying to explain new creatures or stuff like that. Even popular universes like The Witcher also use elves, trolls, and dwarves, although in a much more creative way.

There are a lot of interesting themes and universes out there. I'd love to see more Cyberpunk Games! Also, there are some crazy universes out there that are super interesting - Planescape: Torment is a pretty good example of that.

So, Which themes/universes would you like to see more in video-games?

Weird western. Cowboys, open mesas, ranch houses, bandits, mines, dusty cemetarys and all that good western fodder. But throw in supernatural stuff. There was a game on ps2. I think called darkwatch that is the only game i can remember that pulled it off. You were a vampire cowboy working for a secret society to clear out monsters. You had things like a whorehouse where one of the belles was a banshee, zombies bursting out of dusty graves and ghostly ravens and wendigo roaming the craggy shadows between rocky valleys.

The only place i get that now is the tabletop skirmish games Malifaux and Wild West Exodus but boy did red dead redemptions undead nightmare leave me wanting more.

Just imagine the Witcher 3 but its a western.

Warhammer, so much potential still alot of crappy games with no name developers.

I'd really like to see a modern high quality version of something like Zone of the Enders (high speed mecha action with some story) or a new Armored Core. I'm not typically a fan of "futuristic" settings, but I can dig it in that respect. I'm much more of a high fantasy kinda guy so magic and knights and stuff works for me.

I really loved the settings present in the early Atelier Iris/Mana Khemia games. The world with Mana's and alchemy and stuff. I had a really hard time getting into the later sequels as they were just too anime and not enough substance.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Warhammer, so much potential still alot of crappy games with no name developers.
    Pretty much this.

10+ Year Old Account
    There needs to be more westerns like Red Dead Redemption, I loved playing in that kind of world. Maybe also mix in some sci-fi with it like the movie Cowboys and Aliens to give it some horror/mystery flavor.

Another would be a game about American Indians. Like being an Indian tribesman going on adventures like in the beginning of Assassin's Creed 3 and it would play like Horizon Zero Dawn.

I'd also like to see more space exploration, action/adventure games that have a little bit of horror in them that plays similar to Mass Effect. I LOVED Mass Effect all up until the very end on ME 3. The ending of that game totally ruined the whole series for me and I've been craving for another space opera type game since.

I want to see more stuff like Rapture in the Bioshock games. Bioshock sits right next to Mass Effect in terms of how much it grabbed me in and immersed me into the world. An underwater city in ruin with horrifying mutants crawling all over the place and with it being in the 60s it made it all that much better.

For the longest time I've been wanting an open world survival/horror zombie game where it treated the zombies as actual dangerous enemies instead of as a joke. A game where it would call for stealth where you would have to sneak around them. It wouldn't be a typical zombie slayer game it's feel more like the early days of Walking Dead where zombies felt like they were an actual threat. Then there'd also be looting and scavenging for supplies and crafting weapons, rescuing and recruiting people to your group to help out.

I'm getting so tired of the same song and dance we've been getting all these years. Battlefield here, Call of Duty there, and online multiplayer shooters with loot boxes here, there, and everywhere. I'd take a quality single player game over online multiplayer any day.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2018-02-28 at 07:42 PM.

I want to see a D&D game that's NOT set in the Forgotten Realms. Let's get back out onto the Planes, base the game out of Sigil and venture across the span of the Great Wheel instead of focusing only on Prime worlds. Let's go to Ysgard, Bytopia, Mechanus, Acheron, Limbo, the Astral and Elemental Planes. Not just 'herp derp Sword Coast again hurr'.

And if it absolutely MUST be on Toril, use one of the other dozens of locales instead. Let's go to Cormyr, the Dalelands, or better yet someplace more exotic like Rashemen, Mulhorand, Chult, Halruaa, the list goes on and on. Use some IMAGINATION.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do we even had good Survival Horror game in medieval era? I'm not talking about all this PT/Amnesia wannabe games.

Also i would play good RPG based on Harry Potter in Bioware style - you know all these moral choices, companions and video game dating sim thingy. Something like original Mass Effect where we play as Potter who could be Boy or Girl who lived.

PS Another good RPG in World of Darkness setting like VTMB from Troika Games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Monstergirl encyclopedia style setting. With lots of monstrous women with very crooked understanding of "consent".

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I want to see a D&D game that's NOT set in the Forgotten Realms. Let's get back out onto the Planes, base the game out of Sigil and venture across the span of the Great Wheel instead of focusing only on Prime worlds. Let's go to Ysgard, Bytopia, Mechanus, Acheron, Limbo, the Astral and Elemental Planes. Not just 'herp derp Sword Coast again hurr'.

And if it absolutely MUST be on Toril, use one of the other dozens of locales instead. Let's go to Cormyr, the Dalelands, or better yet someplace more exotic like Rashemen, Mulhorand, Chult, Halruaa, the list goes on and on. Use some IMAGINATION.
    Aside from Sigil, which I assume its the one from Planescape: Torment, I've never even imagined D&D had so many universes and worlds and locales and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spelljammer plz.

I want more quirky, bizarre modern settings like the Mother series, YIIK, Great Greed, Citizens of Earth, Okage and Undertale. Also, same bizarre aspects, but different time periods, be it the feudal Japan or baffling interpretation of 1800s America from the Far East of Eden series or the post-apocalyptic setting of Metal Max. Or just straight up what the god damn fuck like Maka Maka on the Super Famicom, Stretch Panic and Cho Aniki.

Also I have a HUGE hard-on for games with multiple characters/campaigns stretched across vastly different realities or time periods with an inter connected plot, so stuff like Live A Live, SaGa Frontier and Mystic Ark. Kingdom Hearts would probably also fall into that category.

Speaking of the SaGa games, I also just love the bat shit insanity of the plot and theme mashing that Final Fantasy Legend 2 and 3 had. Stuff like stealing a machine from giants to shrink down and enter into a persons body to fight ninjas and dragons or traveling back in time in a space ship and killing a witch and having your party member who is a mutant eat the left over flesh of the witch in order to become one itself as well as blowing up robots and shoving pieces of them into your body to become a robot. Probably one of the closest series that successfully implemented the bizarre situations of a table top RPG into video game form.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2018-03-10 at 05:45 AM.

Pirates

10char

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post

I want a Baldur's Gate style game in the Dark Sun campaign setting. Or Dragonlance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Spelljammer plz.
    Spelljammer could be interesting if they made it more like a space exploration sim, captaining your ship with your crew to fight, trade, explore or engage in piracy.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I want a Baldur's Gate style game in the Dark Sun campaign setting. Or Dragonlance.
    Never much cared for Athas or Krynn, myself. I'd rather they did something with Oerth (Greyhawk) or Mystara (the Basic D&D world).

10+ Year Old Account
    Needs a proper RPG with story whether it's an MMO or single player I don't really care.

God damn. So true.

Deleted
    There are some pretty good warhammers games. Vermintide 2 just came out pretty good. the total war warhammer 1+2 is also pretty amazing. Dawn of war 1 and2 is pretty good. Space Marine. Actually a lot of games

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    God damn. So true.
    Like i said before. There are many good games

Alternate history, Westerns, Dieselpunk/Raygun gothic(Wolfenstein 2014/Fallout) aesthetics, period pieces with zombies/aliens/other paranormal activity(Lookin' at you, Undead Nightmare)

I'd like to see more disturbing settings for horror games, thats why I'm looking forward to Agony which takes place in Hell. There's also a lot of potential for horror games to take place in a weird dream or soemthing, it beats taking place in a generic house or forest.

Would like to play a WW2 game where you are on the german side, maybe as a regular non nazi soldier or a civilian during that time. Its boring to play the US military propaganda stories where a single american soldier can destroy 100 german tanks with his fists alone.