Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Soooo what this have to do with my post?
    The Horde still lose, Orgrimmar was sacked, the Orc army was killed, the Horde backstabbed itself, handing Azshara is nothing, more so knowing that the rest of your zones will be free from the Horde agression.
    Really? You can't grasp that the losing side isn't awarded land at the end of the war? Garrosh lost, not the Darkspear Rebellion. And Alliance ceded Azshara just so the Horde would leave only Ashenvale alone. Other than that they also left all of Horde's other conquests to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Really? You can't grasp that the losing side isn't awarded land at the end of the war? Garrosh lost, not the Darkspear Rebellion. And Alliance ceded Azshara just so the Horde would leave only Ashenvale alone. Other than that they also left all of Horde's other conquests to them.
    The Alliance their negotiations probably went something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    When you say you want Tyrande "done right", just say what you mean.

You want Tyrande to have Maiev's personality.
    Just stop trying to change my words.

I want her to be like her WC3 self.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post

Which was still rash and impulsive, if malfurion hadn't talked some sense into her before the defense at Mt. Hyjal she would have doomed the planet, by refusing Jaina and Thralls aid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

Which one - the recalcitrant and hotheaded Tyrande from WC3's primary campaign or the version from WC3: TFT who is a bit more subdued and seemingly abashed, but more than willing to go down proverbial guns blazing?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'm not trying to change your words. Tyrande hasn't really changed from WC3. She's still impulsive and a bit foolish, which has been pointed out dozens of times in dozens of threads with the only counter argument ever being "Well she's really old and/or held this position for a long time".

Maiev is the one who led troops with tact.
    Maiev was the one who was brutally xenophobic

Whenever I see people ask for "Tyrande back" all they're looking for is for her to be like Maiev because they've confused what Night Elves are like with how Maiev acts.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Which one - the recalcitrant and hotheaded Tyrande from WC3's primary campaign or the version from WC3: TFT who is a bit more subdued and seemingly abashed, but more than willing to go down proverbial guns blazing?
    The one who didn't talk down to someone cause "Elune said so".

WC3 Tyrande, while hotheaded, had sense. This one doesn't.

She literally tells Malfurion in the Wc3 campaign only Elune can forbid her anything.

that's not going to happen.

nothing in the alliance matters to blizz if it's not human.

I'm not trying to change your words. Tyrande hasn't really changed from WC3. She's still impulsive and a bit foolish, which has been pointed out dozens of times in dozens of threads with the only counter argument ever being "Well she's really old and/or held this position for a long time".

Whenever I see people ask for "Tyrande back" all they're looking for is for her to be like Maiev because they've confused what Night Elves are like with how Maiev acts.
    ...Maiev was a vengeful bitch. She tried to kill Illidan when he HELPED Tyrande/Malfurion with the Bridge Blood Elf problem, she was ONLY there at the Black Temple, she tried to kill Malfurion, she then is somehow forgiven for fuck all reasons, and still tried to yell at Illidan at the Cathedral. She isn't even on Argus. -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She literally tells Malfurion in the Wc3 campaign only Elune can forbid her anything.
    Only for Malfurion for forbid her of some things soon after.

...Yeah.

Only for Malfurion for forbid her of some things soon after.

...Yeah.
    He doesn't forbid her anything he calms her down and makes her listen. He tries to forbid her freeing Illidan though

IconSmall Malfurion.gif Furion Stormrage: "Be that as it may, he is far too... dangerous. I forbid it."
    IconSmall Tyrande.gif Tyrande Whisperwind: "Only the goddess may forbid me anything. I will free Illidan whether you like it or not."

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Brothers_i...(WC3_NightElf)
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2018-03-09 at 02:26 PM.

Yes. "Sense". Like when the world was falling down around her because demons and she was offered an alliance that did nothing but benefit her, she wished to turn it down but Malfurion had to talk her into it.

Or how she blew up that bridge she was standing on.

So much "sense".

Deleted

I say, make Maiev the Leader of the Night Elves and Include the Warden as the Elite of the Night Elf Forces in the Alliance.

Maiev is the cool character. She is the badass Warden with a great Design fully clad in Plate armor that gives her a threatening appereance and a cool Judge Dredd I am the Law Attitude. With that, she would easily add the fitting aspect of merciless, unrelenting Justice and Vengeance to the Alliance which would make her the best partner in crime with Genn as a strict Anti-Horde character and an antithesis to the soft and all forgiving Anduin. She doesn't forgets, she doesn't forgives.

Maiev as the Leader of the Night Elves would be the first step to bring them back to glory and build something up on them losing their Tree, by Maiev leading her people to get their vengeance. The Wardens would give the Night Elves also an unique and badass elite force.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that's not going to happen.

nothing in the alliance matters to blizz if it's not human.
    You've had pretty much nothing but negative posts for like a month straight... maybe should take a break.

Anyway, I agree OP.

this idea that alliance are good and thus can't be interesting is really stupid. there are plenty of good and moral characters with interesting stories about them, Captain America and Superman probably the two most famous examples
    the alliance doesn't have bad stories because they are good, the alliance gets bad stories because the writers don't give a fuck about it and can't be bothered to put more than the absolute minimum effort into it

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    You've had pretty much nothing but negative posts for like a month straight... maybe should take a break.

Anyway, I agree OP.
    Blizzard has admitted this in the past, stating they prefer to write human based stories in WoW because "We are humans so its easier".

Blizzard has admitted this in the past, stating they prefer to write human based stories in WoW because "We are humans so its easier".
    That doesn't excuse the fact that the Alliance is filled with Shit writing.

That doesn't excuse the fact that the Alliance is filled with Shit writing.
    I'm not excusing it. I'm just saying its not going to change. Blizzard has always said they know the story is slapshod, blizzard proudly admits they prefer writing humans.

If you're Alliance and want anything other than humans doing everything then you're not going to find it.

Deleted
    I'm not excusing it. I'm just saying its not going to change. Blizzard has always said they know the story is slapshod, blizzard proudly admits they prefer writing humans.

If you're Alliance and want anything other than humans doing everything then you're not going to find it.
    If Humans would at least have an identity like back in Classic. Nowadays they are nothing but a generic sword and armor Nato.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    If Humans would at least have an identity like back in Classic. Nowadays they are nothing but a generic sword and armor Nato.
    Agreed, though this was largely due to blizzard wanting them to be the main part of anything. When they should have been medieval themed with knights and the rare occasional wizard, they instead took technology from the dwarves because they needed to be the main users of technology, got a modern spy organization since they needed to be the main sneaky aspects of the alliance (rather than say, elves), they have all the best wizards because we can't let Draenei or Gnomes have that, they are the best leaders just because, they have a modern military due to all of the above mixing into one, generic, whole. Can't have their own type of light based religion because they need to have one thats so general it can encompass almost all their allies.

Humans lost any kind of theme or basic identity because they had to take everyone elses. Look at Turalyon FFS. He's the most draenei character we have next to Velen.

Its why Scarlets have so much fan popularity. They are what Alliance players want out of humans. Not the racism, but the theme.