Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I just hope Alliance does not get Vulpera.

I kinda like the idea of the uncorrupted Arakkoa as an Alliance race. Looking at how unique and well done the Zandalari are, that wouldn't be unfair imho.
    Balance zandalari is a uncorrupted arakoa :P

Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    Balance zandalari is a uncorrupted arakoa :P
    Yeah, almost ^^

Deleted
    Mag'Har haven't been revealed yet ethier. Blizzard just likely aren't as far along with the Allaince equivalent, which is probably the Kul'Tiran

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    The second alliance race are obviously the Kul Tiran humans. Blizzard wouldn't create those new models if they wouldn't plan them as a an allied race. Effort wise Kul Tirans are obviously the counterpart of Zandalari, while Dark Irons are the counterpart of Mag'har Orcs.

The "Kul Tirans are just humans! Lazy as fuck Blizzard"-"argument" doesn't mean anything. Zandalari are just trolls as well, with a unique model, same as Kul Tirans have a unique, distinct model of their own compared to the normal human model.

The "arguments" against Kul Tirans are just subjective and mostly come from people, who can't even distinquish people with obese body from people/models with an endomorphic bodytype, like especially the Kul Tiran males have.
    I sort of think it's a killing two birds with one stone deal.

I mean, don't the Kul Tiran humans remind you of ANOTHER race?

Tall, big, roly-poly?

And Allied races are all about reusing the models.

Now who could Blizzard bring into the game by reusing the roly poly new Kul Tiran models? A little bit of a reskin required of course...

hmmmmm....

HMMMMMMMMM.........

https://goo.gl/images/A3mH6y

It really is good to be Horde.

If horde gets ogres alliance will flood stormwind in tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see it happening. When I first saw the Kul Tiran models in the trailer I thought they WERE Ogres...Pirate Ogres but still Ogres.

Look at a Kul Tiran Human and tell me you cannot see how easily they could reskin it to be an Ogre.

"What could the alliance counterpart to Magari Orcs possibly be???"

It's Dark Iron Dwarves. Dark Iron & Magari Orcs are retro races people have been asking for, forever. While the other two allied races are Kul Tiran & Zandalari. I imagine High Elves/Forsaken Elves & Reformed Scarlet Crusader/Risen Scarlet Crusaders for Alliance/Horde could be a mid-expansion allied race to get it out of the way.

They'll reveal Kul Tiran formally when they add the questline to actually acquire them in the Beta: Which likely will be a questline to firm up the Kul Tiran's grasp on Druidism & some force that replaces Rezan for Zandalari Paladins. They're reveal it all at once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    One thing I know is I hate the current characters screen with the scroll down function....but I have no solution other than a 100% re-design (which never goes down well with people.)

Something where you maybe have a 3 x 10 cube field on the right - each field contains a miniature with every hero you created in his current armour and the one you selected big in the center like now. I also want a "hide UI" option for the log in screen to make clean screenshots and..hell...dunno...the option to change the background...maybe even unlock more backgrounds via achievements

Yeah..I went there. Fuck gameplay, add cosmetics :P
    Yeah scroll down is clunky and 2 menus for races is pretty bad too. It needs a rework (again).

There's no possibility that Kul'Tirans aren't going to be playable.
    Story leads to Kul'Tiras, the sole goal is to convince them to join the Alliance, the half of the expansion's continents is Kul'Tiras, their models are already deep in development. It'd be a ridiculously dumb, financial suicide to drop the idea at this stage of development, unless a mega corporation's finance team is ok with wasting a big chunk of their employee's time and salary gone wasted. The next one is Kul'Tirans. They are, unfortunately, the equivalent of the Zandalaris.

Deleted
    I wish you'd realise Wildhammer are not gonna happen. If you notice the totems on the dwarf shamans, they are wildhammer totems. Wildhammer are already included with the bronzebeard. The tatoos are the only thing missing. I hope and doubt that Blizz will make a new race just for tatoos. There needs to be another differentiating factor.

The big Kul'tirans seem to be likely. There were alot of requests for Vrykul aswell. I am expecting one of those two, with Kul'tiran being the more likely one. So, in a way, they are already in aswell.
    Much of the alliance stuff is behind on the development, but it will catch up eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? I'd be happy for you if you got Ogres.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I can see it happening. When I first saw the Kul Tiran models in the trailer I thought they WERE Ogres...Pirate Ogres but still Ogres.

Look at a Kul Tiran Human and tell me you cannot see how easily they could reskin it to be an Ogre.
    Erm... you should look at an Ogre again. Thet are alot fatter. Besides, they are unlikely to use the same skeleton twice. So far it looks like the plan was to create a sub race to each of the main races.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-03-10 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post

Erm... you should look at an Ogre again. Thet are alot fatter. Besides, they are unlikely to use the same skeleton twice. So far it looks like the plan was to create a sub race to each of the main races.
    I'm not saying it will happen, but the Kul Tiran human can be the base model for Ogres.

Also, the whole point of Allied race is that they reuse the same skeleton. After all the Nightborne Male and the Zandalari male both use modified Night Elf male skeletons.

And the Kul Tiran model looks new. Why wouldn't they reuse it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    Mechagnomes, anyone?

No?

I like mechagnomes.
    Imo mechagnomes are very likely to be the gnome allied race. It's that or lepper gnomes.

Mechagnomes would have story potencial with the blingtrons and the war under the earth, if they ever want to explore that. Lepper gnomes would just be part of Retaking Gnomeragan for good. But mechas are way more original. Lepper only happen to have a different skin color. The way i see it, for Blizzard an allied race has to have at least 2 diferentiating factors.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying it will happen, but the Kul Tiran human can be the base model for Ogres.

Also, the whole point of Allied race is that they reuse the same skeleton. After all the Nightborne Male and the Zandalari male both use modified Night Elf male skeletons.

And the Kul Tiran model looks new. Why wouldn't they reuse it?
    It's not just the skeletons, but animations aswell. I'm pretty sure Zandalari got Darkspear animations. I dunno wich skeleton they based them on, given they were altered substancially, but these are still allied races, not new ones. Unless you think that Ogres having a humans animations would make sense. I don't think that at this moment it would make sense to have 2 races that are essentially the same.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    One thing I know is I hate the current characters screen with the scroll down function....but I have no solution other than a 100% re-design (which never goes down well with people.)

Something where you maybe have a 3 x 10 cube field on the right - each field contains a miniature with every hero you created in his current armour and the one you selected big in the center like now. I also want a "hide UI" option for the log in screen to make clean screenshots and..hell...dunno...the option to change the background...maybe even unlock more backgrounds via achievements

Yeah..I went there. Fuck gameplay, add cosmetics :P
    They could also go early TERA character selection, with all your characters in standing side by side.

10+ Year Old Account

It's not just the skeletons, but animations aswell. I'm pretty sure Zandalari got Darkspear animations. I dunno wich skeleton they based them on, given they were altered substancially, but these are still allied races, not new ones. Unless you think that Ogres having a humans animations would make sense.
    But it's just speculation.

Can you say, hand on heart, that is impossible for the Kul Tiran Human to be used as the base for a future playable Ogre? I think it can.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    The second alliance race are obviously the Kul Tiran humans. Blizzard wouldn't create those new models if they wouldn't plan them as a an allied race. Effort wise Kul Tirans are obviously the counterpart of Zandalari, while Dark Irons are the counterpart of Mag'har Orcs.
    its more like orcs are counterpart of orcs, and trolls for dwarfs...

Deleted
    But it's just speculation.

Can you say, hand on heart, that is impossible for the Kul Tiran Human to be used as the base for a future playable Ogre? I think it can.
    In the future, it can. What i mean to say is that if they did that now, it would affect the uniqueness of both Kul'tirans and Ogres and would be written off as a cheap copy/paste.

Perhaps they'll give us a series of different human models from the seven kingdoms to match the Maghar. We have Stormwind and Gilnean humans. Need to add models for Dalaran, Stromgarde Lordaeron, Alterac, kul'tiras

7+ Year Old Account

kultirans are fatter than ogres

and they can use the same skeleton for ogres

The truth that no one seems to be facing is, it’s alpha, and the player base is freaking out, petulant and kinda whiny. It’s early days and Blizzard just has more development done on Horde side.

Everyone needs to stop crying and relax, by the time BfA releases Alliance players will know what their equivalents are.