Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonazak View Post
    Its just easier for Blizzard to add new races for the Horde, as this faction its less racist and welcoming to foreign races.
    Which is nonsense, because the Alliance races never show any issues working with one another whilst there's always some sort of animosity within the Horde: nobody trusts the Forsaken, none of them like the Goblins, the leaders usually have issues with one another. Hell, which faction had a civil war because they started killing one another?

I don't get this "the Alliance racist!" meme when within WoW's timeframe we've been shown absolutely nothing to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    High Elves don't exist anymore.
    Denmark doesn't exist anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinduffen View Post
    kul'tiran males are pretty cool. females look terrible though.
    I think the thin ones look absolutely atrocious http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/696218.jpg

Ogri'la Ogres for the Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMechano View Post
    This topic was mainly meant to spark discussion on why Blizzard is taking its sweet time in announcing the fourth Allied race for Alliance, I mean Horde was announced on the day of the pre-order with the Q&A.

Now with the Kul'tiran humans I literally have no problem with the male design. They have the classic 'carnival strongman' build that you see on Olympic weight lifters and high level competition strength contest participants (seriously go look at an episode of Worlds Strongest Man and you'll see most of them with that build).

It is the female I have a problem with. Currently (I know, I know, bring on the accusations of body shaming and the like) it just looks...well...fat. Having seen the Male first I was sort of hoping we'd get a similar style build for the women, Muscular with a bit of a chunk to them, something closer to a female weightlifter (while most are nowhere near as bulky as the guys, they still have very well defined muscles and are clearly have a lot of core strength).

So far that has been the thing that turns me off them. I think the people calling the males fat need to take a look at Strongmen but I can't really dispute that for the female model. I think thinning out the face, upping the muscle definition on the arms and legs while keeping the stomach would go a long way to making the female Kul'tiran as an equal to the male.

While the reception hasn't been as 'meh' as I made it out to be originally, there hasn't been the massive buzz of excitement that followed the announcement of the AU Orc clans being a playable option. Heck the Kul'tirans haven't even been confirmed as playable yet, which does make me kind of wonder whether Blizzard are considering fan reaction to various races or whether it is just that a lot of the Horde stuff seemed to be much easier to finish.

I will agree with the poster who mentions how it is much easier to add races to the horde than the Alliance. The Horde have wanted Maghar Orcs since at least TBC and Zandalari since they were introduced with Zul'gurub. Meanwhile the only big want on the alliance side was High Elves which they didn't get, instead they got Void Elves who sort of appeared out of nowhere instead of having the long history that the High Elves had. Infact all but the Dark Iron were introduced in Legion. I never saw people asking specifically for Lightforged Draenei as their own entity, just that the horns and hair/facial hair options be made available as baseline customisation for their race, the same with High Mountain Tauren and their antlers/war paint.

That is what I mean by having very limited choices when it comes to obvious picks when it comes to the Alliance. The recent addition of Void Elves means they're not going to be adding High Elves any time soon, the same for the Wildhammer Dwarves since they bought in Dark Iron (though with the news that Dark Iron are getting Shaman as an option...surely it would have made more sense to have done like the AU Orcs and simply label the option as 'Dwarf Clans' allowing players to pick from either Wildhammer or Dark Iron? More work from a story and intro scenario prospective yes admittedly).
    Nobody in the world gives a fuck about fat weightlifters. I don't see million dollar deals and sponsorships for fat and strong weightlifters. Nobody cares, nobody wants to look at them, people don't find them appealing. Ask yourself why people only care to see the kinds of sports where the athletes or players are slim and well build. Or why all the action stars have a slimmer body builder or nowadays more often than not a lean muscular figure instead of being heavy weightlifters. Because most people don't want to see fat humans.

And this is why Fat Humans are bullshit. Nobody will play them. They appeal to nobody but a tiny demographic. Kul Tiran males are ugly, fat and gross. Kul Tiras females are ugly fat and gross.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Since they have two options, the Arakkoa would be a good option as a neutral Allied Race.
    No offense, but did you even bother to read my post? lol

What is this talk about Arathor....Arathor doesn't exist anymore...that's the empire that broke up to become the seven human kingdoms ages ago.

Kul'Tiras has provided a different kind of human, perhaps with lore (hopefully).
    But all the other humans are basically the same as the ones from Stormwind.
    Dalaran uses the same model.
    Stromgarde uses the same model.
    Lordaeron used the same model (before they died and became undead)
    Alterac is defunct since the end of the Second War, but used the same model
    Gilneas is now Worgan, but its humans use more or less the same model.

There is no practical difference between the humans of Azeroth that isn't already covered by the Stormwind human model.
    Kul'Tiras provides something potentially new, but is it just fat and thin model options (if so, why can't Stormwind humans do that?), or is it a lore thing with the large humans being half-Drust? (The thin model is likely just malnourished humans.)

10+ Year Old Account
    i want it to be the mecha gnomes

I want female Vrykul, because they remind me of amazons and um something about snu snu..

Quote Originally Posted by Soldre View Post
    Blizzard corned themselves when they gave Nightborne for the Horde and didn't give High Elves for Alliance. Actually, I think Alliance should get both, but now, obviously, it is too late. I think people play Alliance to look pretty, and if that's true, there are really very few options that would please most Alliance players.

Horde should have stick with more Orcs, Undead, Trolls, Taurens and so on. It looks so weird going to Orgrimmar and seeing all those elves, they don't belong.
    That's how I felt when blood elves went Horde, But hey we survive.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe blizz scrapped an idea because they realized alliance would cry about it. And they're going with another race. Maybe that's why the wait is long?

Wasn't there a stink about the Draenei being added as they are in the Alliance because the weren't the Broken? And the stink past somewhat once the female model came out...because the Alliance wants to keep that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Which is nonsense, because the Alliance races never show any issues working with one another whilst there's always some sort of animosity within the Horde: nobody trusts the Forsaken, none of them like the Goblins, the leaders usually have issues with one another. Hell, which faction had a civil war because they started killing one another?

I don't get this "the Alliance racist!" meme when within WoW's timeframe we've been shown absolutely nothing to support it.
    Dwarves and Elves have not really liked each other. They're trying to work out their differences, but really never fully accepted each other. Also the Alliance put orcs in internment camps in the first and second war.

Cyber-gnomes: Mekkatorque goes to Ulduar and asks Mimiron and his meccagnomes to join the Alliance. Mimiron refuses because as a Keeper, he can't be involved in wars between Azeroth inhabitants. But he worked on a cure for the Curse of flesh and it will help the gnomes to cure the leper touching the Gnormeregan population. Seeing that as a way to recruit more gnomes and get his city back, Mekkatorque takes the cure and sends the adventurer in Gnomeregan to spread the cure.
    The leper gnomes are healed, their infected bodyparts changed into mechanical and they willingly join the Alliance.

Dragonkins: Ysera's spirit and Malfurion are trapped into the Emerald Dream, Tyrande Whisperwind goes to the Wyrmrest Temple to ask the Dragonflight's help. After several unscuccessful tries to enter the Emerald Dream to find a way to rescue them, some of the Dragonflights grants Tyrande with their best warriors to support the Alliance.

And there you go, with Kul'Tirans joining the Alliance in 8.1 thanks to Greymane's help (King of Gilneas, former nation of Kultirans), you have Alliance's allied races.

Pandarens (both factions) will have Tortollans.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Nobody in the world gives a fuck about fat weightlifters. I don't see million dollar deals and sponsorships for fat and strong weightlifters. Nobody cares, nobody wants to look at them, people don't find them appealing. Ask yourself why people only care to see the kinds of sports where the athletes or players are slim and well build. Or why all the action stars have a slimmer body builder or nowadays more often than not a lean muscular figure instead of being heavy weightlifters. Because most people don't want to see fat humans.

And this is why Fat Humans are bullshit. Nobody will play them. They appeal to nobody but a tiny demographic. Kul Tiran males are ugly, fat and gross. Kul Tiras females are ugly fat and gross.
    So much this. Why would anybody play a fat fuck is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Highly doubt it, they want us to play through BfA first before we get access to them. This allows BfA content to the "unlock requirement" but they won't be putting it live with 8.0 because people will just rush through it all to get to the Zandalari race. So they'll put it in 8.1 meaning there is no point in rushing the BfA release content.

Watch this space.
    Makes more sense to make it unlockable early so people can have their leveled zandalari ready for mythic raids
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Makes more sense to make it unlockable early so people can have their leveled zandalari ready for mythic raids
    Pretty sure they'll be locked behind an exalted reputation. The whole narrative is that players are there to earn their trust, which kind of reinforces the reputation gating behind them being playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Pretty sure they'll be locked behind an exalted reputation. The whole narrative is that players are there to earn their trust, which kind of reinforces the reputation gating behind them being playable.
    That makes sense, especially with that being the case for the allied races thus far. That way Blizz would have a fair estimate on how long it'll take to unlock them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    That makes sense, especially with that being the case for the allied races thus far. That way Blizz would have a fair estimate on how long it'll take to unlock them.
    Yeah, they seem to like the idea of passively locked-out content that requires quite some time to be done with. They'd naturally take a long time to unlock, given the fact that there's no flying early on and that the reputation gains are fairly small.

After they're unlocked, no one will have the necessary time to actually level and sufficiently gear one up for raiding, which is why it also leaves the possibility for anyone who unlocked them to also pay for a racechange to be able to use the new race on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blodia View Post
    Ogri'la Ogres for the Alliance.
    If we talking about Ogres for Alliance I would suggest Gorian from AU Draenor. They more numerous, advanced and intellectual. Their concept was build around Romanian Empire and will fit Alliance theme just fine like Dark Iron dwarves. Plus they will counter Horde's magical dominance in BFA (BELF and NB).