The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    They don't need to announce Dark Iron Shamans, they're already basically confirmed thanks to the datamined "mole machine" shaman totems.
    Aren't they anvils?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Except Tirion and Brann weren't racial leaders or Warchief.
    Garrosh was warchief during Dragon Soul...

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Aren't they anvils?
    Yes.

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/710690.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Except Tirion and Brann weren't racial leaders or Warchief.
    Thrall was no racial Leader during that time, either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    It doesn’t matter if they’re neutral or not at the time. See: Thrall in Cata. Or WoD being a Horde xpac.
    It kind of does, since they were not on either Faction's side during that time. Hence, IT'S NOT BIASED!

My point is: you can’t beat people over the head with technicalities. That doesn’t work. Presentation is everything. Thrall will always be Horde, Velen will always be Alliance, etc.

For that matter, Orcs will always be Horde, Draenei will always be Alliance.

They're basically both.

- - - Updated - - -

My point is: you can’t beat people over the head with technicalities. That doesn’t work. Presentation is everything. Thrall will always be Horde, Velen will always be Alliance, etc.

For that matter, Orcs will always be Horde, Draenei will always be Alliance.
    And they weren't presented as Horde/Alliance characters in the relevant scenes. There're also plenty of Orcs and Eredar that are not part of the Horde/Alliance, and even hostile to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And they weren't presented as Horde/Alliance characters in the relevant scenes. There're also plenty of Orcs and Eredar that are not part of the Horde/Alliance, and even hostile to them.
    Doesn't matter though, because people are stupid/don't care/don't pay attention. For most people Orcs are Horde, Humans are Alliance, etc.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    TFW "Blizard's pet faction" after they had no development and almost no characters showing up between the 7.0 pre patch and release of 7.3.5... Alliance has been in the spotlight for almost all of Legion, I don't mind the horde getting more story time than alliance in BfA (they need more shit fixed in their ranks). And this is coming from someone who plays alliance only(all 12 classes, all races and allied races). Might finally give me a reason to spread out to another realm and start leveling horde (Like legion gave me initiative to level other classes too).
    How? Most of Legion is Horde content in retrospective, if anything, they got the better content.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Alliance has been in the spotlight for almost all of Legion
    Neutral =/= Alliance.

The exception is Velen, but he's always been a Neutral in spirit anyway, as has Malfurion. Tyrande I'll grant you.

If people are going to start touting Alleria and Turyalon as 'Alliance spotlight' when they were independant then I get to use the Nightborne to equal it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Neutral =/= Alliance.

The exception is Velen, but he's always been a Neutral in spirit anyway, as has Malfurion. Tyrande I'll grant you.

If people are going to start touting Alleria and Turyalon as 'Alliance spotlight' when they were independant then I get to use the Nightborne to equal it out.
    WTF Turalyon and alleria have been alliance for 14 years, you got statues of them on stormwind !

There’s a reason they went to a show don’t tell approach to storytelling in WoW. Most aren’t going to pay attention to details such as if a character is technically neutral at the moment or not. Especially if said neutrality is temporary. (See: Thrall and the various characters that travel with us to Argus.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Yep, two iconic Alliance characters compared to a race that didn't become Horde-aligned until the expansion after Legion. A totally fair comparison in the context of the Legion expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

5+ Year Old Account
    None of those characters were "Neutral at that point"

They were members of the Alliance who were cooperating with the Horde during peacetime. Thrall was the closest to a "Neutral" character because he worked with the Alliance during -wartime- and remained separate from the Horde thereafter. But even he was still Horde during Cataclysm. (You don't get to be the ruler of a people and then pretend to not be a member of that nation the next weekend)
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Horde had their respective characters like Alleria and Turalyon during Legion it might feel less jarring, so I get it from the Horde perspective. Whoever said having Brox here would be fine greatly underestimates the rage this forum has for Brox and anything Knaack made(Even though he's made some decent stuff(Ideas).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    They've belonged in the Horde since the incarnation of WoW and now they lead it, deal with it dweeb lmao

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Ogres will never be playable
    Cool story! Welcome to ignore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Yep, two iconic Alliance characters compared to a race that didn't become Horde-aligned until the expansion after Legion. A totally fair comparison in the context of the Legion expansion.
    Yeah, I just linked an example a page or so ago about how they are in no way neutral, atleast not Alleria. Khadgar is not Alliance alinged, atleast not anymore, he's the true definition of a neutral character. The example I just posted last page puts the whole argument for Horde players to interact with them into...question. It's like Blizzard pretended that we just ignore it or something.

Also this coming build needs to be substantial because holy shit we need something new to actually talk about, this is ridiculous.

Pandaren druid looks awesome
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Basically, people are pissed because now at any point, any of the characters you've invested time and energy into can just go "lol thanks for the help dickhead" and join the other faction for whatever reason Blizzard chooses, resulting in people having less inclination to actually give a shit.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Basically, people are pissed because now at any point, any of the characters you've invested time and energy into can just go "lol thanks for the help dickhead" and join the other faction for whatever reason Blizzard chooses, resulting in people having less inclination to actually give a shit.
    seems petty to me.

not only do most people care about both factions but like....most good people liked Jaina (who was pro horde) and Thrall (who was pro alliance), as well as the tauren who were alliance friendly.

Like...what? When i watched avengers i liked Loki even though he was the avengers enemy. and that didnt stop me from liking the avengers. I liked Killmonger and T'challa at the same time.

Its kinda weird to...so artificially make this false rivalry between the horde and alliance when that doesnt happen in ...anything...except sports i guess? i mean to me you are a bad OWL fan if you only care about 1 team but i guess sports people do that for no reason.

I dont get it like my characters have friends and allies from the other faction. My Human paladin faked his death to leave SI7 and join the argent crusade. Our pandaren keep contact with their family on the other side. Just because the Warsong lumber company is still skirmishing with the sentinals doesnt mean my characters have to magically hate friends and allies just because they wear red.

My Lightforged Draenei is happy to see the people of suramar, people who are basically victims of the legions and exiles of their own, join with friends and distant relatives. If he is inclined to help fighting to protect some allies that doesnt mean he hates his allies enemies
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

People may not be super passionate about their factions in general, but idk how many actually play both factions in the same amount. If you have a nice guild with people you like, it’s hard to play the other faction even on alts.