Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Hopefully they go the route of having 2-3 groups and having an A story and a B story with the C story leading into part 2.
    IW is only ONE movie now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    What characters, specifically in the MCU as demonstrated so far, will need their powers ret-conned? The MCU seems to take a lot more care with power levels than the comics. So if you were talking comics, I'd agree with you, but the Marvel movies don't really seem to have the same problem unless I'm missing something.

Now if you want to talk about the X-Men films... then yes, yes they have power issues.
    That's what I mean, the characters end up fundamentally different in the movies than in the comics. It creates a bit of disconnect between the source material and the presentation. I feel they either need to A: Leave the reality bender types out of the movies, or B: Keep them in the movies, but give them a reason why they can't just "I dream of Jeanie" head bop the baddie out of existence. Scarlet Witch in the movies, for example. Or Vision. It just feels super bad to watch a character like that flounder around, when in the comics they can literally defy the laws of physics and space-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    *Gulp* GL russo brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Ehhhh, this is a bit misleading. I know they removed IW from the title of 'Avengers 4' because they also thought it was misleading, as they didn't want to consider it a "Part I and Part II", but they aren't telling Thanos' entire arc in one movie. 'Avengers 4' may not be called "IW - Part II" but all signs look to it continuing the story where things left off.

By all signs, I mean the fact that Josh Brolin is signed on for both movies and has been seen on set filming for the next Avengers' film. Granted, I suppose that could all be a big red herring, but I kind of doubt it. They aren't going to try and squeeze his entire arc into one film. Marvel hasn't spent all this time building up their entire universe just to wrap up their most anticipated villain in one movie. They've proven to be better and smarter than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Ehhhh, this is a bit misleading. I know they removed IW from the title of 'Avengers 4' because they also thought it was misleading, as they didn't want to consider it a "Part I and Part II", but they aren't telling Thanos' entire arc in one movie. 'Avengers 4' may not be called "IW - Part II" but all signs look to it continuing the story where things left off.

By all signs, I mean the fact that Josh Brolin is signed on for both movies and has been seen on set filming for the next Avengers' film. Granted, I suppose that could all be a big red herring, but I kind of doubt it. They aren't going to try and squeeze his entire arc into one film. Marvel hasn't spent all this time building up their entire universe just to wrap up their most anticipated villain in one movie. They've proven to be better and smarter than that.
    There's also an interview he did at last year's Comiccon where he was asked if Thanos gets all the infinity stones in IW and he said he hadn't seen the script for A4 yet to answer the question. So I think the pt I/II nix was mostly to try and convince people that IW would have a legitimate ending.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Do you guys think Infinity War was pulled from May to April to bring in more cash since Black Panther was so popular?
    Deadpool 2 and Solo come out in May, too. I'd assume they want audiences to ahvea a week to breathe, and don't want to force them to chose between the two.

Solo is gonna flop imo.

Infinity War will be a unstoppable juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    That's what I mean, the characters end up fundamentally different in the movies than in the comics. It creates a bit of disconnect between the source material and the presentation. I feel they either need to A: Leave the reality bender types out of the movies, or B: Keep them in the movies, but give them a reason why they can't just "I dream of Jeanie" head bop the baddie out of existence. Scarlet Witch in the movies, for example. Or Vision. It just feels super bad to watch a character like that flounder around, when in the comics they can literally defy the laws of physics and space-time.

I don't really see the issue. It's not like the villains' powers are off the charts while the heroes are tempered. Until we actually see IW, we don't really know what Thanos will be capable of until then.

The comics are a source of inspiration for the movies and that's where the similarities end. If you set your expectations for the films to be incredibly close to the comic material, you are going to be consistently disappointed. Meanwhile this films are seen by many, many more people than comic book readers, so the issue you have is likely not a common concern.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Do you guys think Infinity War was pulled from May to April to bring in more cash since Black Panther was so popular?
    no, Infinity War will definitely be able to stand on its own feet. hell they could have released it on the worst possible day and it would still be a massive success

Assuming it's actually has Thanos with the infinity gauntlet in it, the fight would go something closer to this: Dr. Strange raises his hand, Thanos snaps his fingers and literally erases all traces of his lineage from the timestream before he can do anything else.

In the Marvel universe the power of the infinity gauntlet (w/ gems obviously) is just behind that of Eternity and The One Above All.

One of the main reasons I'm not a huge fan of the marvel movies and such, lots of people have universe ending powers but get defeated by like Spiderman because it would be a boring movie if Scarlet Witch just waved her hands and changed the timeline instantly. They need to either ret-con their powers for the movie (some inuniverse explanation on why they can't blah blah) or just keep the reality benders out of them in my opinion.
    How do villains with the gauntlet +gems lose in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    In the comics Thanos became an abstract type being that left his physical body and Nebula took the glove off his hand and depowered him.

In Thanos' case:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    In Thanos' case:

Oh, so the villain let them win, great.

Deleted
    Would be nice if Thanos actually wins in this movie even if they beat him again in the next one.

A real bad guy is what the Avengers need this time. Not another cardboard enemy with cheesy oneliners.

Oh, so the villain let them win, great.
    Right, because if the MCU has taught us anything, it's that they follow the comics verbatim. /sarcasm

Assuming it's actually has Thanos with the infinity gauntlet in it, the fight would go something closer to this: Dr. Strange raises his hand, Thanos snaps his fingers and literally erases all traces of his lineage from the timestream before he can do anything else.

In the Marvel universe the power of the infinity gauntlet (w/ gems obviously) is just behind that of Eternity and The One Above All.

One of the main reasons I'm not a huge fan of the marvel movies and such, lots of people have universe ending powers but get defeated by like Spiderman because it would be a boring movie if Scarlet Witch just waved her hands and changed the timeline instantly. They need to either ret-con their powers for the movie (some inuniverse explanation on why they can't blah blah) or just keep the reality benders out of them in my opinion.
    You remind of those people that are watching a horror movie and are like "Bro just run him over with the truck" within the first 5 minutes of the movie , knowing that such an action would end the movie. Comics are comics, movies are movies. You cannot write the movies like you write the comics. However mighty and God like Thanos is in the comics, he could never be that in the movies.

I wish people would give it a rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Solo is gonna flop imo.

Infinity War will be a unstoppable juggernaut
    A Star Wars movie flopping" Im not sheriff srs. Star Wars movies are a license to print money. It could "flop" and still be a top 10 movie of all time lol. Its too early for this shit around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Again its moved for America to match the rest of the world, its barely a big deal.
    Didn't they also move it further away from the new Deadpool movie? Like, I think they were 2 weeks apart before the moved Avengers up. Since Disney now owns Deadpool as well... seems like a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    Didn't they also move it further away from the new Deadpool movie? Like, I think they were 2 weeks apart before the moved Avengers up. Since Disney now owns Deadpool as well... seems like a no brainer.
    Not really.

Lets say they both were slated to make 1 bil each. If Pool made 1.2 billion and IW made 800m, its still 2 Billion. Its still going in the same pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Right, because if the MCU has taught us anything, it's that they follow the comics verbatim. /sarcasm
    Didn't say the movies would, I'm just commenting on the comic story.

Didn't say the movies would, I'm just commenting on the comic story.
    Ah got ya, my bad.