Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

What are your unpopular WoW opinions? List them all here.

• I think BFA won't be as great as Legion and will be on par with Warlords of Draenor, possibly being even worse.
    • BfA's story makes absolute zero sense.
    • I can level without having professions without being punished for it at max level.
    • I dislike Genn Greymane.
    • Sylvanas is the best written female character.
    • Legion was the best expansion to date.
    • WotLK was good but overrated when it comes to gameplay.
    • 5.4 had the best classes in the history of WoW.
    • LFR is highly underrated.
    • Yrel was a terrible character.
    • 7.3.5 leveling system is abysmally terrible.
    • Thrall had a huge plot-device by not bleeding to death after being cut off from his powers to heal himself in 5.4 by Old-God infused Gorehowl clone.
    • WoD had no purpose to the game or story what so ever except Gul'dan, Khadgar and new character models.
    • Anduin x Wrathion is justified.
    • Jaina is the best and most realistic Alliance character.
    • Mists of Pandaria was better than WotLK and the best expansion until Legion.
    • Alleria is cool.
    • Anduin is the only attractive male character in WoW. Literally.
    • Cataclysm wasn't that bad at all.
    • BfA is a filler expansion
    • The Horde plays Warchief musicial chairs every 1 and a half expansions while the Alliance keeps their Kings for every 4-8 years.
    • Some expansions are made mediocre or bad to see what features players like to make a "good" and the "Best" expansion.
    • You WILL miss artifact weapons and legendary RNG system come BFA.
    • Disney will buy and own WoW one day.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2018-03-13 at 12:11 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    • Garrosh was misunderstood, and got thrown into the failure of his predecessor, causing him to go mental.
    • Outlands is a terrible, terrible place.
    • Cataclysm wasn't a terrible expansion

And that's just about it...

Die hard horde fanboys are compensating for being skinny manletts who always got picked on irl.

Exhibit A: /r/wow

/r/wow is majority horde players
    people on r wow get easily triggered over the smallest shit
    regular postings of horde logos on skinny dudes

conclusion: horde are beta males.

The current wow developers should be fired immediately

Not sure how 5.4 having the best classes in the history of WoW is that much of an unpopular opinion, when MoP is generally considered the peak of class design(with Cata/WoD being the main other considerations)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

1) WOD - is best xpack, ever made. It was bad only due to being abandoned by Blizzard.
    2) Garrisons - is best feature, ever implemented in Wow. They were bad, only cuz they were forced and used as replacement for another content, instead of being addition to it.
    3) Legion is bad xpack due to largest amount of RNG, grind, time-gating and forced content.
    4) BFA - is filler xpack (filler = releasing something just for sake of releasing something).

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    • I liked Cataclysm
    • I liked WoD
    • I like the legiondary system
    • I like WF/TF and think it works very well
    • I think that the obsession of some players to get BiS in every slot (which is now impossible) is silly
    • I think that the anti-flying sentiment in the game is misplaced. Flying is not responsible for the death of WPvP. Flying is not responsible for ruining gameplay by breaking immersion.
    • The existence of tokens on the cash shop does not make WoW pay-2-win.
    • In fact the cash shop is great in pretty much every regard and people who whine incessantly about "double dipping" need to grow up. The stuff on the shop is all optional and allows the game to get the revenue it needs from those willing to pay extra.
    • People who cheat by using farming bots are a cancer and deserve to have their main accounts permanently deleted.

Deleted
    The adult people on this site struggling with fixable problems like poverty, being fat, not getting homework done, not being able to follow the pace of their studies, family problems or general lack of progress in any aspect of their lives, should stop wasting their time on a fantasy roleplaying game, and go and tend to their actual lives.

Using WoW as an escape is sick and akin to slowly strangling yourself to death.

• The new leveling system is pretty good.

• I think the story since Cataclysm has given us ample basis for the Horde vs Alliance war in BfA
    • I'm looking forward to taking a break from fighting 'a major evil' and will have a chance to fight out some unresolved Horde vs Alliance issues at the start of BfA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want threat and CC back.
    I want simple raidboss designs back.
    I love simple dungeon layouts (like BC).
    I like the loot rng.

* Cataclysm was a good expansion
    * Roll the Bones is even worse than Hunger For Blood and needs to go the same route as the later.
    * Bring old combat rogue back.
    * Cataclysm had the best talent system ever
    * WOTLK was a godd expansion. Overrated by all those who started at that point.
    * Garrosh was a good leader in Cataclysm
    * Greymane is a d*ck
    * With all the Void stuff Blizz pulled of of their asses recently, and with apparently so little mention to it on BfA, is likely that BfA will be a filler expansion a la WoD (and I really hope to be wrong on this one)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    - Vanilla in hindsight was pretty horrible but held a crowd due to its accessible nature in a time when MMO's weren't known as very accessible games.
    - Mists of Pandaria was the best Expansion Blizzard ever Made.
    - Garrisons and Class Halls/Followers are Fun side content.
    - Cataclysm was a Good expansion
    - Titanforging is one of the best Loot-Related Mechanics in a long time.
    - Sylvanas is the worst written Main character and should've been written out of lore at ICC.
    - Burning Crusade Heroics were never hard and people that think they were, were really just bad players in TBC.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2018-03-13 at 08:31 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Negatives:

• WoW is like the McDonald's of video games.
    • WoW is like a vast ocean that looks really impressive at first, but when you jump in you discover the whole thing is only one inch deep.
    • The "story" of WoW is a disorganized mess of inconsistency, incoherence and retroactive continuity.
    • The majority of the voice acting in WoW is some of the worst I've ever heard (though it has improved recently).
    • BFA doesn't look impressive (not sure if this is an unpopular opinion, actually).

Positives:

• Transmogrification saved the game (for a while, anyway).
    • Mists of Pandaria was a breath of fresh air and a brief respite between the embarrassments that were Cataclysm and Warlords of Draenor.

Others:

• The auction house and the character creation/selection screen are both in desperate need of a massive overhaul.
    • With each passing year, WoW shows its age more and more.
    Last edited by Kilperch; 2018-03-13 at 08:43 AM.
    Concerning the No-Fly issue, it's really a question of what kind of player you are. Did you enjoy the pre-Wrath Zombie Invasion or did you hate it? If everyone loved it, flying would be allowed and Draenor's skies would be filled with tons of mount-eating monsters. That would be truly savage. But instead we are stuck. Blizzard is trying to please every type of player at the same time, leaving us with what we have today: something not-quite awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really didn't like WotLK.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

- Cataclysm was awesome
    - WotLK was not fun at all
    - The current leveling system is the best thing to happen since transmog

TBC was shit
    Vanilla was even worse
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Deleted
    *The Alliance have literally zero Character Development making it the most dull faction in ANY game.
    *Blizzard making the Horde look like the general evil bad guys (Zombies/Trolls/unnatural beings) makes peoples perception of them wrong and too quick to judge
    *Blizzard needs to go back to WoTLK regarding beefing up the big bad for the expansion and actually have them being threatening from the off (Not a cut scene in Patch x.25 and fight them in x.3)
    *Sylvanas is a bitch but by far the best written character
    *Nightborne SHOULD have been a neutral race after all the shit people had to go through (I play Horde)
    *Game needs more dragonkin

WoW need more content that isn't combat related.

7+ Year Old Account
    • BfA is going to be another Cata/WoD
    • The current talent system is boring and removed any chance to be creative with you spec.
    • I preferred the Panda legendary 'system'
    • The current iteration of warlock specs are the most boring theyve ever been