Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifritlol View Post
    What I am saying is that class design should be fairly simple, but engaging. It's like sex: pretty fuckin' simple concept, but you having a good time during it. And what do you do to not get bored of it? Right, you change the enviroment (hence the raid mechanics talk). SoO survival was the pinnacle of this. Simple ''rotation'', easy AoE, had some procs, 100% damage on the move - that is what I call fun.
    Even if you're right about the connection you probably know very well that changing the environment in this game can take an excruciatingly long time, its very hard to pull off a continuously changing environment vs making more ''complicated rotations''. Raids have no static difficulty, their mechanics get easy (or boring obviously) over time, whilst the rotation does actually remain the same and could provide a ''challenge'' in times of drought for example.
    That said I do not believe the two are as connected as you think they are. I also do not think ppl judge it by looking at these two aspects at the same time. I understand the idea behind it but in essence its ignorant of the collective vs the individual challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    In what way?
    probably the spirit bond, kill command, bestial wrath reskin, throwing spirit beast, etc.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    probably the spirit bond, kill command, bestial wrath reskin, throwing spirit beast, etc.
    How is spirt bond any different then hunting companion there both a bonus for having a pet which is not a bm only thing. Kill command Fair point. Haven’t seen a bestial wrath Reskin care to share? Bm has never thrown/shot spirit beast and sv already has an Eagle spirt theme to the point where one shows up when you harpoon.

Other then kill command it’s pretty much the same as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    Fucking nailed it (though I struggle with Bleed Feral), it's extremely evident that the factor of raid mechanics are ramping up. Along with M+ and multiple tier difficulty raids, there's always (for most of us) going to be a skill cap available in content.
    Sure, we have fewer buttons. But that's irrelevant when in challenging content.
    just false, remember, mythic raids ( and raids mechanics) should not be an excuse for specs being boring
    your average line "oh, but mythic mechanics compensate it" is just stupid imo, there are OTHER things in the game that suffer tremendously with simplistic and boring classes.
    class design should be a thing of its own, not be based around how something performs in mythic raids.

I've fully explained my points over here
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-of-Skill-Cap

what is easy for one, might be hard for another. it would be nice if we could just pick as many skills as we feel like it from talent trees, and have everything balanced well

Deleted
    What's peoples thoughts on steady shot coming back? As much as i dislike the ranged arms warrior gameplay of MM i actually really liked arcane shots instant cast focus generatlr and sad to see it go.

Really hate cast time generators and don't want to go back to cast at boss macros for steady shots, hunters mark kinda removes the issue for generating focus on trash but i will never pick a talent for that.
    Last edited by mmoc1448478633; 2018-03-13 at 12:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate steady shot, I rather see they switch quick shot to cast on the move and steady to instant

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    I hate steady shot, I rather see they switch quick shot to cast on the move and steady to instant
    Yes, I'm sure every single ranged class prefers instant spells over casting spells.

It's about time Blizzard stopped letting hunters being the exception to every other ranged class. imo cobra shot should have a cast time and be a stationary cast too. Maybe add a non mobile 1.5 second cast to kill command as well as well as a 3 second non mobile cast to dire beast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    It's about time Blizzard stopped letting hunters being the exception to every other ranged class. imo cobra shot should have a cast time and be a stationary cast too. Maybe add a non mobile 1.5 second cast to kill command as well as well as a 3 second non mobile cast to dire beast.
    Sounds awful. Then why even play BM?

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Yes, I'm sure every single ranged class prefers instant spells over casting spells.

not much of a ranger then

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Just bring on BfA already..!! I reckon Survival will be a contender. Maybe not at low tier but mid-high tier I reckon itll start to shine! Fingers crossed!!
    I looooove Survival too, so many people never gave it a chance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loltja View Post
    Sounds awful. Then why even play BM?
    BM is a button mashing spec where everything is instant and it takes little to no proper planning to perform adequate. By limiting mobility, you make the spec substantially more rewarding to players.

Deleted
    Afaict after some alpha test

MM seems way better than now.

BM meh

SV is pure matter of flavor can be better than sex or worst than himym finale

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    not much of a ranger then
    You do know rangers can’t insta fire arrows right? And snipers still need time to line up shots.

Funny thing though I always thought BM hunters should've been the melee spec rather than survival ( seeing how Rexxar was portraited as THE Beastmaster in previous expansions and warcraft 3) and blizzard now decided to give kill command to survival. Next step is giving them exotic beasts, Animal Companion and deleting BMs from the game I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabinn View Post
    Funny thing though I always thought BM hunters should've been the melee spec rather than survival ( seeing how Rexxar was portraited as THE Beastmaster in previous expansions and warcraft 3) and blizzard now decided to give kill command to survival. Next step is giving them exotic beasts, Animal Companion and deleting BMs from the game I guess?

Me too, but then again. He's also a survivalist :P

7+ Year Old Account
    this came out today so why not for people who like videos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sabinn View Post
    bm and sv are not really comparable other then kill command sv seems to have just as much pet related things as we have live where bm as likes like dire beast beastal wrath stampede ect. alot more pet related things then survival.

It looks like both MM and SV have the potential to be very strong specs in BfA. Survival probably more so from a PVP point of view (though I'd love it to be a competitive PvE spec). Bring on the Beta!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    Afaict after some alpha test

MM seems way better than now.
    Hi, how is Single Target now? the earlier builds made ST look non existent and heavily aoe orientated.

Why is it that monk and shaman had their stuns made baseline and binding shot got nerfed and kept as a talent? Can someone please explain this to me?