Poll: Lactose intolerance?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a mutant, so I'm not lactose intolerant.

Proud Milk Drinker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    More than a gallon a week here, no signs of stopping.

You can never have enough cheese or chocolate milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    You say that like its a challenge.
    Yea; come at me all you lactose intolerant folks!

Sorry it came out weird, it wasn't meant to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I'm amazed we haven't yet run into the "I can't drink so no one else should be able to" crowd who will spout all kinds of fear mongering nonsense about what nature intended us to drink, how it's full of toxins or how milk is racist (yeah I've really heard all of these before).

Oh and no I'm not lactose intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by Putricide View Post
    Proud Milk Drinker.
    I used to be a proud Milk Drinker. And lots of cheese and yogurt and I loved it. Until I figured out that it was making me sick and making me fart. Now, well I found out it was not THAT hard to just give it up. And so now I am proudly dairy free.

<Might as well make the best of the situation, in EITHER case!>

Love a pint of milk every now and then.

I will drink a milk once in a while if I am on the road and just need quick and easy calories that I can get anywhere. I will have ice cream once in a while for desert. Cheese is my God but always to compliment something and not something I eat alone often.

I am in no way lactose intolerant.

10+ Year Old Account
    im draenei intolerant so maybe...
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    My family and I drink a ridiculous amount of milk each week so no thankfully. I don't think I can live without milk, cheese, or pretty much most dairy products.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Developed it in my 30's, legit thought I was having a heart attack when it first started. Went through the whole cardiologist workup and when they gave me a clean ticker pass went to a gastroenterologist, who found no ulcers or whatever, then eventually tried cutting out lactose. Poof, problem solved. Thank god for Lactaid, because I love me some milk :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I'm mildly lactose intolerant. I can have a glass of milk occasionally (*cough* starbucks) but if I do it more than once a week I don't even be able to handle cheese for a week or two.

No but I'm intolerant to everything else!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully, I am not. And I am happy I am not every day. I like cheese and other dairy products and use too much. I feel sorry for the ones who does have the problems.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    No I'm Swedish through and through so lactose is not a problem for me.

I have read somewhere that most East Asians and Native Americans, up to 90 percent in some ethnic groups, become lactose-intolerant after the early childhood years as their genes direct a slowdown in the production of lactase. I can handle a glass of milk or 3 slices of pizza but beyond that, it's going to be nasty

Deleted
    Nope, I eat like a kilo of cheese a week and drink milk every morning so would be weird if I was.

What causes people to develop this at a later point in life though? Seems like it's almost trendy to have some sort of problem these days.

Need them hipster food allergies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I eat a lot of cheese, and I love cheese so luckily not lactose intolerant. Though now I think about it, I doubt there's actually much lactose, if any at all, in cheese.