Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    What's the hold up? Mama bear needs sleeeeeeeep
    Washington said that the count would take hours but it's already been quite a few. I think they have gone to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Wait a second here @Skroe, when did the US congress vote for Libya? European parliaments did and there was hell to pay for it, especially in France, but I don't recall Congress ever giving Obama the authority.

Which means that Libya was an illegal intervention.
    The house voted on it, it didn't pass.

However, the actions within Libya fall into the same category as just about every war (major and minor) since WWII as far as presidential / congressional authority goes, so I'd be real careful with trying to nitpick what's "legal" and "illegal" use, given that even SCOTUS hasn't been able or willing to rule on it.

Thread warning: Get back on topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    What's the hold up? Mama bear needs sleeeeeeeep
    The second the Washington County Absentee votes are in this is done, barring a vote difference under 100.

If that were to happen, then Greene County would matter and those are counting in the morning.
    Last edited by Seiklis; 2018-03-14 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Wait a second here @Skroe, when did the US congress vote for Libya? European parliaments did and there was hell to pay for it, especially in France, but I don't recall Congress ever giving Obama the authority.

Which means that Libya was an illegal intervention.
    And to just add to my post, because I somehow left it out.

There was no AUMF for Libya or ISIS. Or Yemen. Or the Horn of Africa. But Congress voted to fund it via the Oversees Contingency Operations budget, every year.

I'll never forget, the OCO budget, once upon a time called the "War on Terror" budget. Trump becomes President, it adopts it's new euphemism, which of course, allows it to expand wider than ever from a budgetary standpoint. To his credit, he tried to eliminate it and fold it into the defense budget, but he also tried to cut defense.

It's just insane and blatantly dishonest that Congress votes annually to fund something it does not vote to authorize, but allowed to authorized so nobody got their fingerprints on the hard vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    The second Washington County Absentees are in this is done barring a vote difference under 100.
    Where are you seeing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Just mentally put a comma in between "done" and "barring" and you will see what @Seiklis meant.

Yeah, punctuation is important.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    And to just add to my post, because I somehow left it out.

There was no AUMF for Libya or ISIS. Or Yemen. Or the Horn of Africa. But Congress voted to fund it via the Oversees Contingency Operations budget, every year.

I'll never forget, the OCO budget, once upon a time called the "War on Terror" budget. Trump becomes President, it adopts it's new euphemism, which of course, allows it to expand wider than ever from a budgetary standpoint. To his credit, he tried to eliminate it and fold it into the defense budget, but he also tried to cut defense.

It's just insane and blatantly dishonest that Congress votes annually to fund something it does not vote to authorize, but allowed to authorized so nobody got their fingerprints on the hard vote.
    *cough* mod warning 2 posts above you if you missed it, since you probably were writing this post as @Gray_Matter posted it.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Just mentally put a comma in between "done" and "barring" and you will see what @Seiklis meant.

Yeah, punctuation is important.

- - - Updated - - -

*cough* mod warning 2 posts above you if you missed it, since you probably were writing this post as @Gray_Matter posted it.
    Yeah I just saw after posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Well Allegheny County absentees are in (That was the increase that took a 95 vote difference to 700), Westmoreland County counted their absentee votes in with their overall total so those are done.

So we're left with 1195 absentee votes out right now in Washington County (Steve Kornacki on MSNBChas been bringing the total up repeatedly) that are being counted right now. Hand count done, the ballots are being scanned right now apparently.

Saccone needs something like 70-30 on those to really catch up to Lamb but if he wins enough of them then the additional 200 absentee votes in Greene County could actually matter. Those are being counted in the morning.

Barring something odd, Washington County should be the end of this until the recount.

Well Allegheny County absentees are in (That was the increase that took a 95 vote difference to 700), Westmoreland County counted their absentee votes in with their overall total so those are done.

So we're left with 1195 absentee votes out right now in Washington County (Steve Kornacki on MSNBChas been bringing the total up repeatedly) that are being counted right now.

Saccone needs something like 70-30 on those to really catch up much but if he wins enough then the additional 200 absentee votes in Greene County could actually matter. Those are being counted in the morning
    Gray_Matter probably misinterpreted your post as either saying the results are cemented in stone, and/or that you have a source to the Washington vote counting.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Gray_Matter probably misinterpreted your post as either saying the results are cemented in stone, and/or that you have a source to the Washington vote counting.
    It's late, we're all half crazy at this point

I certainly am

So we're left with 1195 absentee votes out right now in Washington County (Steve Kornacki on MSNBChas been bringing the total up repeatedly) that are being counted right now. Hand count done, the ballots are being scanned right now apparently.

Saccone needs something like 70-30 on those to really catch up to Lamb but if he wins enough of them then the additional 200 absentee votes in Greene County could actually matter. Those are being counted in the morning.

Barring something odd, Washington County should be the end of this until the recount.
    Ahh. I didn't realize that Westmoreland has been counted already. It's done and dusted then because Saccone would need to over perform his election day results by something like 30% then.

- - - Updated - - -

I read it as "The second Washington County Absentees are in, this is done barring a vote difference under 100.". It's late and I wasn't reading properly

Polls are too close to call but it seems Lamp is claiming the win.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ion/ar-BBK9kI6
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I bet this has nothing to do with Republican governance and everything to do with "liberal media fakenews"
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Kornacki is calling Lamb the apparent winner. His lead increased after Washington County absentee ballots came in, and theres not enough provisional and military ballots for Saccone to make up the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Kornacki is calling Lamb the apparent winner. His lead increased after Washington County absentee ballots came in, and theres not enough provisional and military ballots for Saccone to make up the difference.
    sooooo. Will republicans change their politics, or double down on social bullshit and minorities????

That's not a serious question.

Functioning democracy here people.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2018-03-14 at 09:59 AM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    sooooo. Will republicans change their politics, or double down on social bullshit and minorities????

That's not a serious question.
    Next time they'll gerrymander it even harder!

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Next time they'll gerrymander it even harder!
    that's why I added the "functioning democracy " bit.

can't win the popular vote? gerrymander and contest provisional ballets

At least Republicans learned from Al Gore not to concede early... there's no independent space to be made in today's politics by doing such an action,
    Last edited by Glnger; 2018-03-14 at 10:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They learned the lesson well, some of them don't ever concede.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    They learned the lesson well, some of them don't ever concede.
    nope, they just beg their few supporters to pay their legal bills ;p