Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    I dont get the people sometimes. It took me just a little over 1 week to level up my character from 1 to 110 in 7.3.5.
    It's still nowhere as slow as it used to be to level up pre-cataclysm.

Only difference now is you don't run around and literally one shot every mob. You dont mass tag 7-8 mobs to melt em all down within very few seconds.
    Either you are unemployed and legit play 24/7 or you got instance-boosted which can't really be an arguement for leveling is "ok", otherwise theres no way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    Did you honestly stick around in the lower-level areas after the quests had become grey? No, you sure as chips didn't. You left that zone and went to the next, to continue doing quests that were your level.

So no, that argument doesn't fly. Unless you were just terrible at planning.
    Did you honestly skip zone when the quest became green? Because is the same.

Since quest doesn't grey out aka are always yellow = max exp gain, you can just get the same exp net gain even with mobs scaling with your level.

So basically you gain more experience due to them beign always yellow and you get more experience per hour due to the fact you don't have to travel after greying out a zone with 4 quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    I dont get the people sometimes. It took me just a little over 1 week to level up my character from 1 to 110 in 7.3.5.
    It's still nowhere as slow as it used to be to level up pre-cataclysm.

Only difference now is you don't run around and literally one shot every mob. You dont mass tag 7-8 mobs to melt em all down within very few seconds.
    Slowing it down is fine. It just feels a bit too slow now. Not by much, but enough to be offputting. Especially around the 60-80 bracket, which is both the most twice as long as any following level-bracket, but also comprised of what is objectively the most out-of-date quest design that exists in the game now.

That and, especially from 90+, most classes can't even get away with taking on three mobs anymore without popping some survival CDs.

Deleted
    Come on now, let's be honest. Compared to how it was before it's not even that much of an increase and it's actually more interesting (people crying that dungeon bosses actually have mechanics? that's just great).

If you're a new player, chances are you haven't experienced even 30% of the game, you should do that instead of crying about not having multiple classes to max level.

If you're an older player .. well WoD gave a boost to 90, Legion gave a boost to 100, BfA gives a boost to 110. That's 3 extra max level characters there with little to no time investment. Also, why didn't you level other classes when it was "so much easier and faster"?

Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    As the title states, I fully believe they made the leveling system in 7.3.5 overtuned (longer/slower) to entice players to buy 110 boosts.

Don't get me wrong, I believe they needed to fix some leveling/dungeons issues with it being too easy but even with heirlooms, leveling is just dreadful now in my eyes.

I've made a few new allied toons and just going from 20-30 seems like forever. And now with BfA coming in a few months, there's 10 more levels on top of that.

No thanks.
    If that was true surely they could just reduce the price of boosts to sell more boosts and still increase the money they were making. That would seem like a hell of a lot less work for the same gain on their part. This levelling change and all the associated bugs and problems must have been one hell of a big job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Either you are unemployed and legit play 24/7 or you got instance-boosted which can't really be an arguement for leveling is "ok", otherwise theres no way.
    There are people with 3 days of played that can be 10 days at slow pace with the current guide.

If there are people unemployed there are also nokbs that can't levelling right

Deleted
    That and, especially from 90+, most classes can't even get away with taking on three mobs anymore without popping some survival CDs.
    And that is bad because? You're in the process of leveling, pulling 10 mobs and aoe-ing them down while leveling is bad design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    There are people with 3 days of played that can be 10 days at slow pace with the current guide.

If there are people unemployed there are also nokbs that can't levelling right
    What the hell does your post even mean

I just recently finished levelling a Lightforged. Full heirlooms, ideal quest progression, had a tank with me so instant queue times when we decided to do a dungeon or two. Even skipped all of Draenor levelling by just flying around grabbing treasures.

It took me about 70 hours, total, to get from 20-110.
    That's quite a bit of time for someone who only plays for a couple hours a day. Especially when you consider that levelling isn't even the point of WoW. It's the tutorial. The actual game starts when you hit level cap and start actual progression. Dungeons, raids, PvP, whatever tickles your pickle.

A 70-hour-long tutorial. Seems a bit excessive.

And those aren't my words - they're Blizzard's: they're constantly talking about how important it is for levelling to be slow so "new players learn how to play". Yeah, that's literally the definition of a tutorial. The slow, unimportant start of a game that is only there to teach you how to play.

Did you honestly skip zone when the quest became green? Because is the same.

Since quest doesn't grey out aka are always yellow = max exp gain, you can just get the same exp net gain even with mobs scaling with your level.
    I did. And it was significantly, demonstrably faster than it is now. Especially since those higher-level zones almost always being literally right next to the zone that just became green for me.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is better then ever, case closed, for me.

The extra options weigh much more for me, and more fun as well.

1 shotting was not fun.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-14 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    And that is bad because? You're in the process of leveling, pulling 10 mobs and aoe-ing them down while leveling is bad design.
    Yeah but just immediately dying because a second boar patrolled too close to you isn't great design either.

Deleted
    What the hell does your post even mean
    There are people employed with 3 days of played that translate to 10-15 days

So put you " unemployed " shit back where you get it.

Deleted
    I just recently finished levelling a Lightforged. Full heirlooms, ideal quest progression, had a tank with me so instant queue times when we decided to do a dungeon or two. Even skipped all of Draenor levelling by just flying around grabbing treasures.

It took me about 70 hours, total, to get from 20-110.
    That's quite a bit of time for someone who only plays for a couple hours a day. Especially when you consider that levelling isn't even the point of WoW. It's the tutorial. The actual game starts when you hit level cap and start actual progression. Dungeons, raids, PvP, whatever tickles your pickle.

A 70-hour-long tutorial. Seems a bit excessive.

And those aren't my words - they're Blizzard's: they're constantly talking about how important it is for levelling to be slow so "new players learn how to play". Yeah, that's literally the definition of a tutorial. The slow, unimportant start of a game that is only there to teach you how to play.

I did. And it was significantly, demonstrably faster than it is now. Especially since those higher-level zones almost always being literally right next to the zone that just became green for me.
    Demonstrable?

Go on and show us ty

Because you are indirectly proving my point, since with scaling you get all yellow quest and in some zone there are sense hub of quest hence you will get more experience per hour rather than skipping zone due to greying out.

Deleted
    Yeah but just immediately dying because a second boar patrolled too close to you isn't great design either.
    Yeah cause if you're fighting a mob and another one comes in you die immediately right? RIGHT?

On the other hand if you're fighting 3 and pull an extra one that overwhelms you, I don't see the issue.

Deleted
    Dying in a RPG because you don't look around?

What?

Deleted
    There are people employed with 3 days of played that translate to 10-15 days

So put you " unemployed " shit back where you get it.
    Did you even read my first post?

Either "little over 10 days" means he's unemployed and play 24/7 to get all the allied races to 110 in that period, or he was instance-boosted, which as I said, isn't an arguement for leveling being "ok". It's a cheesy way of leveling since some instances can be sped through in 2ish minutes by a 110 and you get insane xp upon completion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Yeah cause if you're fighting a mob and another one comes in you die immediately right? RIGHT?

On the other hand if you're fighting 3 and pull an extra one that overwhelms you, I don't see the issue.
    Immagine if a Rogue come out after that back and ganks you!!

Is that a gooood design?????

Deleted
    Did you even read my first post?

Either "little over 10 days" means he's unemployed and play 24/7 to get all the allied races to 110 in that period, or he was instance-boosted, which as I said, isn't an arguement for leveling being "ok". It's a cheesy way of leveling since some instances can be sped through in 2ish minutes by a 110 and you get insane xp upon completion.
    He didn't said he levelled all allied races.

He wrote " 1-110 my character" not characters so it is only 1 char....no?

Demonstrable?

Go on and show us ty
    Just did a /played on my recently levelled Lightforged and Void Elf characters - ones I levelled then immediately stopped playing: 70-75 hours on them.

I did the same thing on a couple of Horde alts I levelled before the scaling changes, then never played again: 30-50 hours.

Literally under half the time it takes now, on some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    Lazy, perhaps some, but realistically I'm not wanting to invest the time. I'd rather be spending my time on a max leveled toon to do end game content. I've been here since 2005. I know the game, I'm confident enough I know how to play, even being able to learn a new class etc.

Making the mobs hit harder and have more health is fine. But slowing down the experience is the real problem.
    I definitely agree. Leveling is very long even with heirlooms and it's not fun. I would even go as far as to say combat in WoW is not fun, especially for leveling. I dont mean at every instance but most quests and dungeons don't have mechanics and nearly everything is just a DPS race.