Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Totally understand that even more so with Yhorm. I was legit sad when I did that fight and learned how much of a gimmick it was. The story behind it is sad but even still I would have loved a epic fight. Even more so since he looks epic as hell in the cut scene.
    Yea was so hyped for that fight. He looked totally bad ass in the cinematic. Then turns out it's one giant (no pun intended) gimmick as an ode to Demon Souls, and Yhorm is ultimately no more than a giant and slow punching bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Yea was so hyped for that fight. He looked totally bad ass in the cinematic. Then turns out it's one giant (no pun intended) gimmick as an ode to Demon Souls, and Yhorm is ultimately no more than a giant and slow punching bag.
    The funny part is DSIII showed how you do a gimmick fight correctly and incorrectly. The incorrect way is doing it the Yhorm way but the correct way is how you kill the Ancient Wyvern. That was epic IMO.

I get the lore point of the Yhorm fight but it was still disappointing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny part is DSIII showed how you do a gimmick fight correctly and incorrectly. The incorrect way is doing it the Yhorm way but the correct way is how you kill the Ancient Wyvern. That was epic IMO.

Gimmick bosses are very difficult to make correctly. Many games have tried with varying success. Dark Souls also has its share and I don't think I really enjoy any of them. Ancient Wyvern is okay but it did feel a bit like a letdown when you one shot him, it did look uber epic though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing about them is hard unless you're used to linear gameplay, checkpoints, duck and cover, and health regen.

It's all trial and error, and even then I think most Souls players still die quite a bit to something they're used to if the timing of anything is off.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Ancient Wyvern is okay but it did feel a bit like a letdown when you one shot him, it did look uber epic though.
    That's why I felt it was done correctly because you had to run thought that whole area with him on your ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I think most Souls players still die quite a bit to something they're used to if the timing of anything is off.
    Very true the number 1 thing to kill you in a souls game is greed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I felt it was done correctly because you had to run thought that whole area with him on your ass.
    It was indeed pretty cool but with most gimmick fights, once you have done them once, afterwards they just feel cheap, and fuck that dude with his million mile long whip-like axe ("Nope, you ain't gonna run just past everything!").

It was indeed pretty cool but with most gimmick fights, once you have done them once, afterwards they just feel cheap, and fuck that dude with his million mile long whip-like axe ("Nope, you ain't gonna run just past everything!").
    LOL ya I died a couple times cause of those guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL ya I died a couple times cause of those guys.
    Heh yea, comes back to the fact that greed really kills you in Dark Souls. Hated that axe dude almost as much as the fuckers in dragon aerie with the giant mace in DS2. That dude who uses that mace like a knife and just keeps hitting and hitting and hitting and hitting. Oh an opening, let me hit him once, SMASH SMASH SMASH, sigh.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah even the ancient Wyvern gimmick is another throw back refernce to the dragon god boss in Demon' Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Yeah even the ancient Wyvern gimmick is another throw back refernce to the dragon god boss in Demon' Souls.
    Did not know that, Demon's Souls is the only Souls games I haven't finished.

I have considered doing a run, Would love to do a pure caster run if possible. So sad they shut down the online

- - - Updated - - -

Heh yea, comes back to the fact that greed really kills you in Dark Souls. Hated that axe dude almost as much as the fuckers in dragon aerie with the giant mace in DS2. That dude who uses that mace like a knife and just keeps hitting and hitting and hitting and hitting. Oh an opening, let me hit him once, SMASH SMASH SMASH, sigh.
    I think I know what one your talking about but its been so long LOL, Dragon Aerie was a cool looking area tho

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I know what one your talking about but its been so long LOL, Dragon Aerie was a cool looking area tho
    Definitely, one of the best looking DS2 areas. Could've been a bit more epic (but that goes for pretty much every DS2 zone).

Definitely, one of the best looking DS2 areas. Could've been a bit more epic (but that goes for pretty much every DS2 zone).
    Yep totally agree.

Funny thing is Drangleic Castle reminded me of Gannon's Castle in OoT if it had a high res rework lol.