Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Xylem by far.

Tank isn’t as hard as people say, it only took me around 20 attempts on both Guardian and Prot Warrior, and I had trash legendaries and I wasn’t even 925 ilvl on either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I oneshot agatha at 900 il on my dk, lol. Had that toon at 900 itemlevel collecting dust and did it for the luls. Dark succor made it a complete joke, and had me wondering why I just didn't do it sooner.

24/36 appearances and I haven't tried to get any new ones since late January.
    What's the hardest mage tower challenge in your opinion? Since you've done 24 you probably have a pretty good assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    I'm working on the healing challenge on my holy priest. The second to last wave and last wave gave me problems, but I finally got past them. I cannot get all adds healed up and keep party topped though on last phase, I go completely OOM at like 6th add healed with party at like 10% hp each. Plus mending always seems to bounce straight to me first bounce.

MW monk I can't even get past last 2 waves, but no healing trinkets / legos on that toon.
    Stage one is a complete joke as a holy priest though. Any time an add even LOOKS like it's going to try something, just shackle its ass.

As far as stage five goes, the wowhead holy guide is amazing. Also 4p T21 is stupidly helpful in that phase (every time you cast a single target, your next Prayer of Healing heals more, and every time you cast an Prayer of Healing, your single target heals more).
    Last edited by Nefarious Tea; 2018-03-14 at 04:26 PM.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    What's the hardest mage tower challenge in your opinion? Since you've done 24 you probably have a pretty good assessment.
    Healer challenges because itemlevel is less relevant, and sometimes actually works against you (explosion on last boss)
    Tank next.

For the dps challenges, id say twins since you have to be able to kite and do damage, but twins isn't hard at all. I'd have to score them out of 10 for you to get an accurate representation of how difficult I think they are.

• Xylem- 4/10 (you're most likely to wipe when he teleports and disappears)
    • Twins- 5.5/10 (you're most likely to wipe during p3 when things get hectic, adds+both twins+interrupt mobs. bear tartare makes the adds doable but you can still fall behind)
    • Tugar- 3/10 (you can wipe as a bm hunter without healing legendaries pretty easily, outside of that, no reason to wipe >910 il)
    • Agatha- 4/10 (you can wipe if you let adds pile up. I found this to be personally the one I got the most trouble with, as I can't play fury warrior to save my life)
    • Sigryn- 3/10 (you can wipe if you let the mechanics whittle you down, but really once you have any self healing at all, you have no reason to wipe >910 il)

My opinion obviously. Utility legendaries >>> dps legendaries for the challenges. Prydaz/sephuz/Roots of Shaladrassil/Leap shoulders are generally gonna be your best options if they are available. Bear tartare on anything with adds that you can kill. Do mechanics (I'm sure dbm announces them)

As it stands now I have the following left to do
    • Kruul Blood Veng Prot Prot
    • BRH Hpal
    • Agatha Fire Outlaw
    • Twins Frost
    • Sigryn Arcane Ret
    • Xylem Havoc Sub

I don't play these toons, though, so I cba.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Stage one is a complete joke as a holy priest though. Any time an add even LOOKS like it's going to try something, just shackle its ass.

As far as stage five goes, the wowhead holy guide is amazing. Also 4p T21 is stupidly helpful in that phase (every time you cast a single target, your next Prayer of Healing heals more, and every time you cast an Prayer of Healing, your single target heals more).
    I found it easier to just aoe in P1 on my priest. Chastise/torrent/shackle when the caster gets huge and binding heal/holy nova spam everywhere else. Gripping the hunter into melee range helps with aoe healing.
    Last edited by kary; 2018-03-14 at 04:38 PM.

Back when it was relevant content as a warrior it was Fury<<<<<<<<<<<<Arms<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Prot

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the hardest - but not impossible - is the Affliction Warlock one, when attempted without the Ring or without the super secret tactic. Lots of fotm warlocks still find it impossible.

But the most annoying one was the Healing. I did it on a Shaman, Priest and two Monks - boy, it was annoying. Takes too much time to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    One of the hardest - but not impossible - is the Affliction Warlock one, when attempted without the Ring or without the super secret tactic. Lots of fotm warlocks still find it impossible.

But the most annoying one was the Healing. I did it on a Shaman, Priest and two Monks - boy, it was annoying. Takes too much time to complete.
    Please enlighten me. Warlock is going to be coming up next on my list.

Already learned a few tricks from this thread. My favorite is that you can spell reflect Twisted Reflection as a Warrior. Can't wait to try that.

Does anyone have any tips for the Balance Druid challenge?

You can do it pretty easily with bear tartare, demonic portal and demonic circle. You do need a bit of gear, and to bind your pets abilities, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Soul of the forest, stellar drift, bear tartare. Feral affinity helps but isn't mandatory, wild charge/displacer beast depends on personal preference.
    Moonfire shoulders help but aren't mandatory. Starfall > starsurge, and prioritize movement.

Instaswap to hands and dot them up, solar beam as late as possible. I used typhoon over mass roots/stun

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry dude, it's secret.

...Seriously now, I don't remember if it's classified as exploit, or if it's simply a cheese - alas, Blizzard never hotfixed it, so it must be pure cheese. I don't remember the exact technique, but it involves your Infernal tanking the knighty fucker (it gets aggro by hitting the guy before you do), and Mortal Coil'ing him right before the magical brother casts the barrier spell on Mr. Knight. Google "Affliction Mage Tower Cheese" and things will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    You can do it pretty easily with bear tartare, demonic portal and demonic circle. You do need a bit of gear, and to bind your pets abilities, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Soul of the forest, stellar drift, bear tartare. Feral affinity helps but isn't mandatory, wild charge/displacer beast depends on personal preference.
    Moonfire shoulders help but aren't mandatory. Starfall > starsurge, and prioritize movement.

Instaswap to hands and dot them up, solar beam as late as possible. I used typhoon over mass roots/stun
    I'll try it out, thanks!

Of the ones I did, Prot Warrior is the hardest, but even then it's mostly a question of gear/legendary. Once you have the equipment to not get gibbed by the Inquisitor's casts, the rest of the fight isn't that hard.

Hardest DPS one is Outlaw for sure. You just don't have the burst AoE to take down the imps in a timely fashion so it spirals out of control quite quickly.

I don't know about hardest, but the BM hunter one has to be the easiest. I did at ~910 forever ago having barely played the spec and doing it incorrectly (the worm still had like 50% DR). I think it took 3 tries?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardest: Frost DK and Prot paladin.

Easiest: WW monk and Unholy DK.

Frost DK was the most glaring of all the DPS challenges I've done so far because the mobility issue for a fight that has someone porting around. (I had a lot of issues with my DH on Xylem but only because of getting D/C'd by double jumping.)
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    I don't know about hardest, but the BM hunter one has to be the easiest. I did at ~910 forever ago having barely played the spec and doing it incorrectly (the worm still had like 50% DR). I think it took 3 tries?
    Depends on the legendary you have.

Did you have the healing pants, or prydaz? Then yes.

If not? Have fun.

Otherwise, Windwalker monks have the same exact challenge, with a FAR better kit for it. Definitely easier than BM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having done all of the challenges except the healing one, I would have to say personally the hardest one for me was Highlord Kruul pre nerf, followed by Xylem on my Frost DK, followed by Kruul post nerf.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did about 22 or 24 (can't even remember ever toon lol) mage tower so far, personally for me hardest was the toon with the least gear and playtime involved, but mostly prot pally and prot warrior. A bit hard to get it if you only run that alt thru normal antorus couple of times and got no proper leggos and only few hours playtime on that alt .
    Easiest ones were balance druid, feral, fire mage, unholy DK, BM hunter, Arms warrior, both DH specs, elem shammy and guardian (i had chest as a leggo with regen boots, so that was enough to stay away from a zone).
    Struggled with destro warlock a bit (toon was super undergeared with no proper leggos, crafted one and a chest) until I did a little trick with that Fel cast, just emphasized it in BigWigs with the vocal countdown, i was able to precast fear on that Fel spell and one shotted even with 450k dps.
    Last edited by Kreo; 2018-03-14 at 05:40 PM.

Deleted
    Sorry dude, it's secret.

...Seriously now, I don't remember if it's classified as exploit, or if it's simply a cheese - alas, Blizzard never hotfixed it, so it must be pure cheese. I don't remember the exact technique, but it involves your Infernal tanking the knighty fucker (it gets aggro by hitting the guy before you do), and Mortal Coil'ing him right before the magical brother casts the barrier spell on Mr. Knight. Google "Affliction Mage Tower Cheese" and things will show up.
    They fixed it in 7.3.5. Infernal tanking in P1 still works though. Mortal coil and Fear will fear him, but it doesn't interupt or purgatory anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Hardest: Frost DK and Prot paladin.

Easiest: WW monk and Unholy DK.

Frost DK was the most glaring of all the DPS challenges I've done so far because the mobility issue for a fight that has someone porting around. (I had a lot of issues with my DH on Xylem but only because of getting D/C'd by double jumping.)
    Don't try to run straight to him. You can take your time since you can proc succor off the illusions/bubble heals you. Or you can blow ams+wraith walk for the teleport.

I did frost dk on like my 5th try, I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Depends on the legendary you have.

Did you have the healing pants, or prydaz? Then yes.

If not? Have fun.

Otherwise, Windwalker monks have the same exact challenge, with a FAR better kit for it. Definitely easier than BM.
    Yep. Tugar is very close to impossible without a healing legendary, to the point of "lol dont bother if you cant execute this perfectly for 5 mins"

You can do it with *any* self healing legendary, though. Helmet/prydaz/roots.

Already learned a few tricks from this thread. My favorite is that you can spell reflect Twisted Reflection as a Warrior. Can't wait to try that.
    Step 1:Stand with your infernal next to Karam.
    Step 2:Use defensive Cd, he will knock you back and the Infernal will get Aggro.
    Step 3:Slowly dps him and heal your infernal, if you manage to control yourself, he will not attack you and you can skip all the running Bs
    Step 4:When he casts purgatory, Use Mortal coil, this will make him not heal up and while he will chase you, he will not cast Grasp from Beyond.
    Step 5:Karam will become untargetable but can take damage.Use seed of COrruption on the adds to explode, infect him with corruption and damage him.At the same time, spread corruption/agony to other targets to generate shards.
    Step 6:Use Drums, Soul Harvest, Artifact, Potion and any Dps increase you have and start dpsing Raest(If Karam tries to enter purgatory again use MOrtal coil)

If you want some more tips for another challenge just let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Step 1:Pick Typhoon, Stellar Drift
    Step 2:Start the challenge as normal, run from Karam until he casts Purgatory
    Step 3:When he casts purgatory, use Typhoon, he will become untargetable but you can damage him, spam Sunfire/Starfall in Raest to damage Karam due to splash/AoE
    Step 4:Keep dealing damage and running, if you have 920+, you just need to cast Sunfire/Moonfire until Karam casts Purgatory again, use Typhoon again to knock him back and finish him off with Sunfire/starfall(since he didn't heal during the purgatory, he will be low on health during this whole thing) and will eventually die.
    Step 4:Kill Raest
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4