15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Been playing since vanilla and I've never gotten an invite ever...
    Do you ever do the PTR? I'm not really sure how they decide what accounts will be flagged for beta, but I played a ton of the 2.4 PTR back in Burning Crusade (contributing screenshots and information for WoWWiki at the time), including filing lots of bug reports.

Since then I think I've gotten into every beta/alpha Blizzard has done (every WoW expansion, Hearthstone, Overwatch, etc.), and I've always filed bug reports and posted constructive feedback on the test realm forums. I'm usually not in the first round but I always get in fairly early.

I would suggest maybe spending some time on the PTR in the future and just doing actual testing/feedback, that might get you on some sort of shortlist.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2018-03-15 at 07:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Been playing since vanilla and I've never gotten an invite ever...

Also, this was probably their worst QA - Lore just wastes half the time repeating or rambling about what Ion says, no actual interesting questions answered, nothing new announced.
    This is the worst part of these. Lore really needs to stop blabbering about shit Ion literally just said. It's fucking annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Source? I don't see anywhere that they imply that Kul'tirans were the last Allied Race.

Actually I think I remember them saying something to the effect of "maybe we want to add this race now, but in another pass we might add this one that's a good counterpart to it."

I do think we have all 4 for 8.0, though. Any future ones will probably come in 8.2 or 8.3.

Also, real reason I was here. So hats are broken on Kul'tiran males right now. And they lost a number of face options. Great to see Blizz still tinkering with their models.
    The Q&A. He said that if they were adding more they would give us new slots. They gave us 4 slots. That tells me only 4 were planned.

And about the culmination of the campaign to be the Zandalari and Kultirans. Assuming the rest is void stuff, it is unlikely we'd see new races.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-03-15 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    So, it sounds like 4 allied races each is what we are getting this expansion. The crazy requests for new races can go have a rest.

Also, im gonna toot my own horn about how i was right about Zandalari Paladins. They aren't coming this expansion and are on the box of future possibilities along with things like Gnome paladins and all others. It needs new lore to happen for them to be added.

This entire post is just... wrong. They didnt say only 4 were coming this expansion, and they didnt say Zandalari Paladins werent coming this expansion either. They said they'll have to see how the story progress, and SPECIFICALLY, "where we're at once the Zandalari are a playable race."

Jesus.

From asking in Alpha guild chat, most people online with an Alpha invite so far (who are NOT friends / family / streamers / from a website etc) are players whove played since vanilla. Many of us have our orc statues etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    lol what? Lower ranked guilds need gear just as much as higher ranked guilds because most players aren't as skilled and could use the extra DPS boost from gear. Let's not forget the fact that the potential removal of ML would just give shitty/undeserving/low priority players loot over members who deserve loot in guilds.
    Good old "YOU DON'T DESERVE THAT WEAPON YOU NOOB" argument.

The Q&A. He said that if they were adding more they would give us new slots. They gave us 4 slots. That tells me only 4 were planned.
    ...4 slots, because of Nightborne, Void Elves, HM Tauren and LF Draenei. We'll get more once Zandalari, etc are added. Come on, dude.

He literally said that those are the culmination of the expansion. It's where we end up in.
    He said "that's what the expansion is about... at first."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    ...4 slots, because of Nightborne, Void Elves, HM Tauren and LF Draenei. We'll get more once Zandalari, etc are added. Come on, dude.
    I think that is mighty generous if it's the case.

He was talking about future races in the expansion and not the ones we already know about, cause that was the question. At least that is what i interpreted from his reply.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-03-15 at 07:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    This is the worst part of these. Lore really needs to stop blabbering about shit Ion literally just said. It's fucking annoying.
    Haven't you heard?

In today's world, Q&A's are just for publicity purposes catering to the lowest common denominator with 'witty banter and funny quips', where diminishing the experience of the invested community is a minimal sacrifice at best.

Lore is the representative of the casual community's PoV essential to an in-depht Q&A.

Keep up grandpa
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2018-03-15 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Good old "YOU DON'T DESERVE THAT WEAPON YOU NOOB" argument.
    I mean yeah, pretty much. You're delusional if you don't think every guild doesn't have people who are either less deserving or lower on the priority in regards to receiving loot. The latter doesn't necessarily need to be dictated by skill, but mostly by class and/or role.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    My question is "Where the fuck are my goddamn Rogue T21 matching Boots?"
    They will be added 4 expansions later just like warriors boots for T10 (WotLK >>> Legion).

Jesus indeed. Some of you can't get hints if it hit you in the face with a hammer.

Fine... keep dreaming. Honestly, i wish the intelligence level was higher around here.
    You were just exposed for not understanding that the 4 slots were for the 4 allied races added in 7.3.5. You do not get to talk about intelligence level.

EDIT: Its hilarious you removed your post above once you realized you were making a fool of yourself.
    Last edited by Redzonetode; 2018-03-15 at 07:20 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lightforged, Highmountain, Void Elf, Nightborne.

Oops, all 4 slots are filled. Guess Zandalari, Mag'har, Dark Iron, and Kul'tiran are all just a misdirection.

They'll give us 4 more in 8.0, and who knows, maybe 4 more again in 8.3. They've invented the scroll wheel so really they should just cut to the chase and remove the per-server limit entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh cmon... yes, the rest is the void stuff.
    We had an entire thread about one thing that isn't void and isn't being resolved in 8.0.

Zul.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean yeah, pretty much. You're delusional if you don't think every guild doesn't have people who are either less deserving or lower on the priority in regards to receiving loot. The latter doesn't necessarily need to be dictated by skill, but mostly by class and/or role.
    Eh, it's a non issue for me. If those crap players need gear then why wouldn't they get it? They were here like the rest of the raid. Ofc some people in raids do better than most, but if those players are so bad that you want to deny them loot, what are they doing in the raid in the first place? Personal loot gave more items anyways and unless your guild is full of dicks, gear trading is still available. With set bonuses gone, ML lost much of its appeal anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    You were just exposed for not understanding that the 4 slots were for the 4 allied races added in 7.3.5. You do not get to talk about intelligence level.

EDIT: Its hilarious you removed your post above once you realized you were making a fool of yourself.
    No, i deleted it and other posts cause i am editing a previous post to include that stuff. I was repeating myself and getting too many quotes to manage.

Sorry, the world doesnt revolve around you.

Also, you didnt expose anything. The question was about unannounced allied races, not already announced ones.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-03-15 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Eh, it's a non issue for me. If those crap players need gear then why wouldn't they get it? They were here like the rest of the raid. Ofc some people in raids do better than most, but if those players are so bad that you want to deny them loot, what are they doing in the raid in the first place? Personal loot gave more items anyways and unless your guild is full of dicks, gear trading is still available. With set bonuses gone, ML lost much of its appeal anyways.
    But there's more science into not giving loot to a crap player. If they're performing badly DPS wise because they're lacking gear, then guilds would be able to tell that and react appropriately (ie: giving them gear and putting them on a higher priority). If they're performing badly mechanically both on fights and with their class, then they're going to not be given gear over players who can perform mechanically better than them on both ends.

There's also the factor of, like I said, people just being higher on the priority either due to a really good set bonus (which might still be a thing with the later azerite bonuses), good scaling factor, or just the fact that they'd get the most benefit out of an item compared to everyone else. The problem of the removal of ML isn't about dicks, it's that people would be unable to trade items to the prioritized people for a while, and then there's also the added issue of a piece titanforging and they might not be able to trade it later on in the tier due to the item level of the piece.

And about the culmination of the campaign to be the Zandalari and Kultirans. Assuming the rest is void stuff, it is unlikely we'd see new races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar
    Fine... keep dreaming. Honestly, i wish the intelligence level was higher around here.
    lmao how /r/iamverysmart-ish. If anything the lack of intelligence is coming from you, becuase Blizzard has stated that they have tons of plans for more allied races, and there's even evidence that there's going to be more than four races becuase of the customization options for the little fox dudes and (I think) the skinny humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

They can't get rid of master looter surely? That's going to enrage so many guilds. At the very least top end guilds would all just be swapping all the items about as if it was master looter anyway.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted

lmao how /r/iamverysmart-ish. If anything the lack of intelligence is coming from you, becuase Blizzard has stated that they have tons of plans for more allied races, and there's even evidence that there's going to be more than four races becuase of the customization options for the little fox dudes and (I think) the skinny humans.
    You guys just want to fight right? Is that why you come to the forums? Because i struggle to even bother to reply to such trash posts.

That is not what i said smarty pants. I said that they are the only ones planned for BfA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    At the very least top end guilds would all just be swapping all the items about as if it was master looter anyway.
    Then do they really need to have it as an option? If it's something that people are abusing, and guilds can get by without it...