Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Then do they really need to have it as an option? If it's something that people are abusing, and guilds can get by without it...
    then just do a "ready check" type thing when it's changed. We're really going for a whole nanny state thing if we can't even trust guilds and raid masters not to screw over their own guilds. Sure it does happen occasionally, but it's nothing like a norm.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    You guys just want to fight right? Is that why you come to the forums? Because i struggle to even bother to reply to such trash posts.

That is not what i said smarty pants. I said that they are the only ones planned for BfA.
    You're the one who started calling people unintelligent, if you don't want to use a forum to civilly discuss things with people who disagree with you then you should probably stop using message boards.

And I said they're not the only planned races for BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    At the very least top end guilds would all just be swapping all the items about as if it was master looter anyway.
    Except they won't, because for the first few weeks and months gear will be un-tradeable due to the item level upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    You're the one who started calling people unintelligent, if you don't want to use a forum to civilly discuss things with people who disagree with you then you should probably stop using message boards.

And I said they're not the only planned races for BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Except they won't, because for the first few weeks and months gear will be un-tradeable due to the item level upgrade.
    Is that why you are posting?

I did delete that post. I was being swamped by people making replies without knowledge of the Q&A.

What you are saying now, you have zero basis to say. They said Allied races are a system they want to carry over, they did NOT say how many allied races they were bringing out. He did say in asnwer to that same question that The Zandalari and Kul'tirans are the conclusion of the expansion. So, you tell me what that means?
    Then he corrected to say it's "for now" so people wouldn't interpret that as its only a 2 patch expansion.

If there will be more added in BfA, it's not decided yet. He was quite clear to me.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-03-15 at 08:00 PM.

Maybe it’s just reading what I want to see, but they did group DIDs and Mag’har correct and implied that Zandalari and Kul Tirans will be coming later without mentioning first 2. Seems to me another indication that DIDs and Mag’har are coming first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that why you are posting?

I did delete that post. I was being swamped by people making replies without knowledge of the Q&A.

What you are saying now, you have zero basis to say. They said Allied races are a system they want to carry over, they did NOT say how many allied races they were bringing out. He did say in asnwer to that same question that The Zandalari and Kul'tirans are the conclusion of the expansion. So, you tell me what that means?
    Then he corrected to say it's "for now" so people wouldn't interpret that as its only a 2 patch expansion.

If there will be more added, it's not decided yet. He was quite clear to me.
    If you want to consider customization options, playable race features, and player animations for Vulpera being "zero basis," then I guess I have zero basis.

No shit they're the conclusion of the expansion for now. It'll settle the initial storyline of the expansion (Kul'Tiras and Zandalari continents) and then move on with the story to something else. Your argument is almost akin to saying you were convinced MoP would have ended at the death of Sha of Fear because the entire initial storyline basically built up to the encounter with him and dealing with everything he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Maybe it’s just reading what I want to see, but they did group DIDs and Mag’har correct and implied that Zandalari and Kul Tirans will be coming later without mentioning first 2. Seems to me another indication that DIDs and Mag’har are coming first.
    To be honest, it makes more sense that way. Despite that Zandalari and DID were both announced at the ssame time, ZD and KT have more in common - especially with how they'll likely be unlocked through completing the BfA content.

I can imagine DiD and Mag'Har unlocking from older zones with different scenarios, and Zd and KT unlocking later once you've played their zones and unlocked them and got rep etc.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

If you want to consider customization options, playable race features, and player animations for Vulpera being "zero basis," then I guess I have zero basis.

No shit they're the conclusion of the expansion for now. It'll settle the initial storyline of the expansion (Kul'Tiras and Zandalari continents) and then move on with the story to something else. Your argument is almost akin to saying you were convinced MoP would have ended at the death of Sha of Fear because the entire initial storyline basically built up to the encounter with him and dealing with everything he did.
    Don't you know, Legion concluded with the defeat of Gul'dan at the Nighthold. We have just been spinning our wheels since then.

Deleted
    If you want to consider customization options, emotes, and player animations for Vulpera being "zero basis," then I guess I have zero basis.

They have said they wanted to increase those options for NPC's and have re-confirmed that when people were getting excited about vulpera.

This does not mean more won't be added later. Just that there are no plans atm. They have brought Nightborn/LF/Highmountain from Legion after Legion ended. That is something they can do for next time aswell. This isnt a "NO MORE AR!" It's a "Thats it FOR NOW".
    I dunno about MoP. I only played it at the end. I recommend you chill out though.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-03-15 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have said they wanted to increase those options for NPC's and have re-confirmed that when people were getting excited about it.

This does not mean more won't be added later. Just that there are no plans atm. They have brought Nightborn/LF/Highmountain from Legion after Legion ended. That is something they can do for next time aswell.
    I dunno about MoP. I only played it at the end.
    Okay, and people were getting excited about allied races being in Legion and Blizzard responded with "don't get excited, these are strings and files for BfA."

There are one hundred percent more plans to add more races than the four ones confirmed ones in BfA, whether it be one more race, or a handful more.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Is this mysterious NPC's father.... Bolvar....?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Is this mysterious NPC's father.... Bolvar....?
    Yeah, probably. I was almost sure before this new info that her father was either Bolvar or Lothar, but Bolvar fits best, and it seems I was right.

Deleted
    Okay, and people were getting excited about allied races being in Legion and Blizzard responded with "don't get excited, these are strings and files for BfA."

There are one hundred percent more plans to add more races than the four ones confirmed ones in BfA, whether it be one more race, or a handful more.
    You can't assume they are always lying because they tried not to leak something before.
    Theres plans to do more "in the future". You don't know more than that.

I think that is mighty generous if it's the case.

He was talking about future races in the expansion and not the ones we already know about, cause that was the question. At least that is what i interpreted from his reply.
    iirc they already stated that 6 slots were planned, but wouldn't (all) be added until BfA and Zandalari & co were added.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Yeah, probably. I was almost sure before this new info that her father was either Bolvar or Lothar, but Bolvar fits best, and it seems I was right.
    That's still pretty big all things considered. So...if what I read is, Bolvar has a daughter?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Haven't you heard?

In today's world, Q&A's are just for publicity purposes catering to the lowest common denominator with 'witty banter and funny quips', where diminishing the experience of the invested community is a minimal sacrifice at best.

Lore is the representative of the casual community's PoV essential to an in-depht Q&A.

Keep up grandpa
    What I actually like about these is that sometimes you can just read "Lore. Shut up, you're not funny" on Ions face. I do wish these Q and As would offer more actual insight on things and not just either: 1) explain things most people already know or 2) give long drawn out non awnsers to questions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    iirc they already stated that 6 slots were planned, but wouldn't (all) be added until BfA and Zandalari & co were added.
    If 6 slots were announced, then i stand corrected. I did not know about that announcement. Where did you hear it?

But i still think that no more are currently planned (for now), as his answer wouldn't make any sense if there were.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Q&A. He said that if they were adding more they would give us new slots. They gave us 4 slots. That tells me only 4 were planned.

And about the culmination of the campaign to be the Zandalari and Kultirans. Assuming the rest is void stuff, it is unlikely we'd see new races.
    Mag'har, Zandalari, Kul Tirans, and Dark Irons are already all in a nearly playable state, they'll certainly be in a complete state well before the expansion actually launches.

Note that there's already been indications of the vulpera becoming a playable Horde allied race in the ChrRaces database (complete with Horde create/select screens), and they've already got enough work done in terms of animation and customization options that they could easily be fully playable alongside the previously mentioned four.

So, given how rapidly art assets are being implemented in the alpha, I think it's fair to assume that the artists will be moving on to other art tasks (8.1 content) in the near future.

With worgen and goblin model revamps probably taking immediate priority over the next batch of Allied races, we might not see more at launch, but I think it's a bit shortsighted to see the speed with which they've been implementing the Allied races so far and to think that they aren't planning on releasing more over the course of this exapansion.

Honestly, I'm betting by the end of the expansion we'll have at least 12 total -- one for each "ambassador" in the Horde and Alliance embassies. Hell, I could even see them doing 14 total.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2018-03-15 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't assume they are always lying because they tried not to leak something before.
    Theres plans to do more "in the future". You don't know more than that.
    It's not lying, it's shifting the truth. There were strings and data for BfA stuff in 7.3.5. There were also four new races planned to be released in 7.3.5.

How do you know that the four confirmed races in BfA are the extent of their current plans for new races so far? There are strings and data for a fifth race, it's everything but confirmed.

If 6 slots were announced, then i stand corrected. I did not know about that announcement. Where did you hear it?

But i still think that no more are currently planned (for now), as his answer wouldn't make any sense if there were.
    It was when extra character slots were first announced, they said they'd add 6 but will give us 4 until there are actually more races to fill the slots. I don't know when exactly it was said.