Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    You have admitted to breaking the ToS by selling characters for real money. You are not welcome in this community.
    Blizzard will say otherwise, and who made you sheriff....... If some guy said I will give you 6k for your character you would like not turn it down either. I bet you have broke ToS as well. You sound like a guy who would name a nightelf hunter legolas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Blizzard will say otherwise
    Go ahead and ask them. Cheaters and ToS breakers like you are not welcome in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Damn, your numbers are hard to read. But I would love to know how you actually got these numbers. WoW classic, despite all the good things, is not just current game and it will be niche (i will still play it). If classic will manage to have at least 500k players in long term, It will be god damn miracle.

Launch numbers are hard to predict. It is certainly possible that many retail players will hop in, to watch what is all that fuss about, but will return to main game rather quickly. So while I can see how first hours/days numbers could be VERY high, it will be just for a short time. After that, couple of Classic severs will do it. Well, at least 4 for each region.
    That's all very true. It depends what they want it to look like:
    1) a smooth launch with a lot of server
    2) a half assed catastrophe where barely 10% of the players are able to log in, only to find infinite lag and disconnections

IMO, go fucking balls deep with a ton of servers for a smooth launch and then merge them after a couple months after the hype died out.

Go ahead and ask them. Cheaters and ToS breakers like you are not welcome in this community.
    If I am not welcome how come i got Alpha access to BFA........ I guess blizzard said I am so not welcome they want me to test their game.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    blah blah blah
    Go tell Blizzard you break their ToS and ask them if they still want you in the game. People like you, who sell characters for real money, are not welcome in this community, nor in WoW.

Go tell Blizzard you break their ToS and ask them if they still want you in the game. People like you, who sell characters for real money, are not welcome in this community, nor in WoW.
    Are you 5 years old?

There is going to be a lot of people swarming in at the start. If they only have a couple servers it's going to be pretty nasty at launch day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    There is going to be a lot of people swarming in at the start. If they only have a couple servers it's going to be pretty nasty at launch day.
    Sharding fixes this issue, it will allow the servers to handle the load and then they will not have to merge or permanent CRZ server together to have player base.

Quote Originally Posted by ossyc View Post
    Waiting to kill Hogger?

Why not? You did this at the original launch.

It won't be any worse, it will be the same. No problem with that at all, that's the appeal for Classic players.
    Blizzard have said they don't want the original launch. Neither do the vast majority of players. If you think they'll cater to the purists and not whatever they think will yield them the most overall income, you're out of your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Blizzard have said they don't want the original launch. Neither do the vast majority of players. If you think they'll cater to the purists and not whatever they think will yield them the most overall income, you're out of your mind.
    This is exactly right, they will launch high capacity servers with Sharding to allow for the initial surge of players coming in. It will be lower numbers of servers with super high capacity because once that surge falls off they will have medium to high pop server that will be healthy and will not have to think about server balancing in the sense of general population for a while.As for making a character your best bet will be wait for a couple days after the launch and find out where the big guilds make a home and go there as there will be a draw to those servers in general so there will be a healthy raiding community.
    Last edited by Chaelexi; 2018-03-15 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    I believe there will be one server per region, for each type(pve or pvp)
    WHAT LOL?
    Let's imagine that Blizzard chooses to have a population cap per server of 12,000 (which is very unlikely because that is just an astronomical amount of people online on the same server), which is the largest cap we've ever seen on an undocumented server.
    Multiply 12,000 by 4... do you really think only think there will be 48,000 players wanting to play Classic WoW at the same time in a given region? For reference, that's around half the online players that Old School Runescape gets during its peaks.
    Classic WoW Content Creator - Daily Streams and Bi-Weekly Videos!
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/staysafetv
    YouTube: https://youtube.com/staysafetv

anyone who doesnt expect blizzard to use sharding is in serious denial and/or an idiot.

you really think blizzard wants 1000 people in every starting zone? no one will be able to level.. even if everyone spreads out. i doubt there are even 1000 mobs in each starting zone.

sharding will happen, its a great tool to ease up crowding. and NO it will not make it "not classic"

classic did not have 1000 people in leveling zones, not even close. sharding will actually make the game feel more like classic than without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Staysafe View Post
    WHAT LOL?
    Let's imagine that Blizzard chooses to have a population cap per server of 12,000 (which is very unlikely because that is just an astronomical amount of people online on the same server), which is the largest cap we've ever seen on an undocumented server.
    Multiply 12,000 by 4... do you really think only think there will be 48,000 players wanting to play Classic WoW at the same time in a given region? For reference, that's around half the online players that Old School Runescape gets during its peaks.
    bingo.

I went through a day of arguing the underlying math a few pages back, and gave up. Humans in general do poorly once the numbers get lots of zeros on the end.

i am on the opposite end of the spectrum. if blizz can manage to control the buzz as they nerf and QoL classic beyond recognition, the launch can be the biggest blizzard product launch ever, in terms of people online the first month or week or whatever.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

I don't think they will put up any RP realms.

What some people seem to not figure in is people will have to pay for classic while private servers where free. Thats a big turn off for a lot.

Granted, Classic subs will undoubtedly drop significantly a few weeks after launch. However, the anti-classic mob are in for a rude awakening - the first month subs will be off the charts. I just hope Blizzard have got their shit together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saicam53 View Post
    What some people seem to not figure in is people will have to pay for classic while private servers where free. Thats a big turn off for a lot.

Welcome to MMO-C! This is an insightful first post.

I have been trying to sort out the 'free' angle. It seems like there should be some monstrously large Legion private servers out there since it is taken as a given by some that free is the main reason people are playing old outdated clientversions. You can google and see there are a whole bunch. surely they have populations in the millions?

Any examples?
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2018-03-16 at 01:17 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Its gonna happen either way. With no phasing, the launch will be a massive clusterfuck in the first days. A hundred chars humping the same 2-3 "dynamically" spawned quest rabbits.
    oh yes, I forgot about spawn camping too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    10k per server is completely retarded. 3k is stretching it...

They don't need to let everybody in, that's why queues were invented. In a couple of weeks the population will drop at least 75%.

Also 5 million player I think it's way way way optimistic. Nost had a way lower population and it was FREE. I don't see any current retail player, heavily involved in reputations, mounts, pets and all that shit stating playing WoW Classic on a serious level. There just ain't enough time to dedicate to both games. So retail players will probably just drop in when they are bored and also I expect a lot of trolls lol

I also thing Blizzard will not use the same infrastructure as it was in 2004, with physical servers and all that crap, hopefully they will use some kind of cloud infrastructure with a very flexible server setup...
    Hell yeah. Gonna be rolling up and trolling with a Classic toon named Retailwow.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    Welcome to MMO-C! This is an insightful first post.

I have been trying to sort out the 'free' angle. It seems like there should be some monstrously large Legion private servers out there since it is taken as a given by some that free is the main reason people are playing old outdated clientversions. You can google and see there are a whole bunch. surely they have populations in the millions?

Any examples?
    Issue with legion servers is that it is an ever changing product until now where we hit the end of expansion break so they would have to be continuously creating these servers to keep up with what WoW has released or people would lose interest. It would not be an easy en devour. Where as Vanilla or other previous expansion servers are a finished product and have a defined start and end point. There is a definite boost on these servers from 2 groups, the it's free to play and the group that spites blizzard and think that this is sticking it to the man. I personally know some from each group.