Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Twitch Streamer Ninja invites Drake to play Fornite and breaks 600k viewers

This was a pretty insane thing.

What's interesting about it to me is this is an example of someone just playing a video game really well and being able to hit an upper echelon of financial success, and I think this moment on Twitch was a pretty big deal for streaming in general. And maybe even for Twitch and just video games generally.

It's like we've seen this pattern before...hmmm. Which pattern could it be...hmmm.

https://twitter.com/DanStapleton/sta...59150069329920

Dan Stapleton speaks for me on this one. At this point I've resigned myself to the fact that I am no longer "with it", if I ever was in the first place, and none of this makes any sense to me anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped for 5 min, it was pretty crazy from a promotional POV. Some celebs and rappers were already on Twitch, expect a lot more to come...for better and for worse.

The most, exciting I guess, its mainstream proof that these independent content producers (lucrative twitch/youtube streamers) dont need major production companies behind them.

Big business content producers can no longer write off streamers as just "a couple of people who got lucky". Consumers eat up content, that content doesnt have to come from corporate execs. Hell, Drake and Travis Scott were first written off for not having big execs backing them when they first started.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I stopped for 5 min, it was pretty crazy from a promotional POV. Some celebs and rappers were already on Twitch, expect a lot more to come...for better and for worse.

The most, exciting I guess, its mainstream proof that these independent content producers (lucrative twitch/youtube streamers) dont need major production companies behind them.

Big business content producers can no longer write off streamers as just "a couple of people who got lucky". Consumers eat up content, that content doesnt have to come from corporate execs. Hell, Drake and Travis Scott were first written off for not having big execs backing them when they first started.
    Yeah that's where I'm at. The fact that this little blue haired kid can beat out Bethesda's Fallout 4 reveal... that's super impressive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Dan Stapleton speaks for me on this one. At this point I've resigned myself to the fact that I am no longer "with it", if I ever was in the first place, and none of this makes any sense to me anymore.
    MFW an executive video game journal editor doesn't know who one of the biggest game streamers is and publicizes that fact... FailFish

That would be like Head Executive at CNN not knowing who Melania Trump is.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    MFW an executive video game journal editor doesn't know who one of the biggest game streamers is and publicizes that fact... FailFish
    He's their lead review guy, he doesn't cover news or streamers.

And I haven't the foggiest clue who this cat is either, but that's because I don't watch streamers. Pretty much zero appeal to me, so I don't get the whole subculture that's been built around streaming.

I hear you. I asked my sons who are 8 and 6 what the appeal of watching someone play a game and provide nonsensical commentary was, when we own the damn games they are watching. They laughed at me and told me I'm too old and boring to get it.

No it isn't, A games journal editor doesn't need to know who streams on twitch. A games Journal editor needs to know about games and the people who make them, Not every joe blow who plays them.

Ontopic: Cool beans hope everyone enjoyed themselves.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

He's their lead review guy, he doesn't cover news or streamers.

And I haven't the foggiest clue who this cat is either, but that's because I don't watch streamers. Pretty much zero appeal to me, so I don't get the whole subculture that's been built around streaming.
    I don't know. Why do we post on a gaming forum about politics? That sounds even more stupid to me.

Why should a guy who's job is to review games care who Ninja is?

Hell I didn't even know who the fuck the guy was until a few weeks ago when people where claiming amazon prime scams got him to 100k+ subs. People who don't care about Fortnite probably give no fucks to know who he is.

It's still a big thing that this happened, for him and fortnite but I fail to see how anyone outside of the fortnite community should give a rats ass it happened. Congrats he got 600k views, LoL has broke multi million views multiple times and I still don't care about LoL...

I don't know. Why do we post on a gaming forum about politics? That sounds even more stupid to me.
    Because this site is more then just a gaming forum.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I didn't call it stupid though. I simply expressed my lack of interest and my inability to "understand" it.

I'm the grandpa from The Simpsons.

I have yet to understand Fortnite's appeal. It's cool to run around, being aware that you can be attacked at any time, but if you have shit luck then it's really not that fun. Some games I don't find anything for much of the game and other games I'm killed in 10 seconds from landing with no weapon in my hand.

There's clearly some strategy to find weapons, but I've yet to figure it out.

Who tf is Dan Stapleton

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    There's clearly some strategy to find weapons, but I've yet to figure it out.
    Try to not land where a bunch of other people are landing.

Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Try to not land where a bunch of other people are landing.

Profit.
    Yeah I do that, but there's luck involved. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Also for me, that often would lead to me doing nothing for much of the game, while everybody else killed each other. Effective, but not that fun.

Deleted
    People still give a shit about streamers?

I have no idea who either of them are and feel better for it. The less aware of the screamer streamer talking advert market the better.

/oldmanyellingatcloud

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I frequent twitch all the time. Never heard of ninja before this.