I think Dark Irons have historically been more requested than Wildhammers since DIs are more visually distinctive and Dark irons are common in other fantasy settings.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I doubt it would go the way of Romeo and Juliet.
    Romeo and Juliet is often thought of as a Romance but it's really a tragedy.

The kids were 14 years old, knew each other for a weekend, got separated when Juliet's family went on vacation out of town for a week, and committed suicide 'cause they couldn't bear to be apart.

Young "Love".
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Oh that's funny, I thought the opposing NPCs on the Uncharted Islands are just some random dudes, but I just saw a video from an Alliance PoV while they were fighting Gazlowe in one of his shredders.

Curious to see who else we're going to see in these scenarios.

Can somebody check the chrraces.db2 and check if the Vulpera still have the 651558/they added that to the Mag'har Orcs/Kul'tirans?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean they were at war with each other so there probably were plenty of rapes on both sides.
    imagine a tiny kul'tiran human raping a female drust lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Oh, this is exactly true. Except Blizzard approached this from the other end, they couldn't just give Alliance High Elves, because that race is already playable. They just renamed themselves to Blood Elves.

So Blizzard gave the Alliance the silhouette, and added "something cool" to make them different enough from the Horde's Elves.
    Yes, Blizzard gave the Alliance the silhouette because Alliance asked for High Elves, and then went out of their way to make Alliance as unhappy with this silhouette as possible. What an amazing job was that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    or you know people have different tastes and there's no way of pleasing everyone.
    Well, Blizzard could have at least went with the approach "how can we please Alliance the most" and not "how can we please Alliance the least while not making Alliance collectively unsub".
    Last edited by mmocbe30b8209e; 2018-03-16 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, there are people who actually like the Lightforged and Void Elves right? Or is that too much to comprehend?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You know, there are people who actually like the Lightforged and Void Elves right? Or is that too much to comprehend?
    Heresy! Everyone knows that the entire playerbase is a hivemind and that everyone hates Lightforged and Void Elves because forumgoers say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    Yes, Blizzard gave the Alliance the silhouette because Alliance asked for High Elves, and then went out of their way to make Alliance as unhappy with this silhouette as possible. What an amazing job was that.
    Ion just told you that critiques like that are nonsense. You don't represent anybody!

Deleted
    Of course there are. But it's also obvious that alternatives would had been much more popular than them. This should be the main criteria for what Allied races to release first - who are the most popular ones. And they did it for Horde, but for Alliance instead they went with unpopular and barely asked for races for some reason. Lightforged and Void Elves are races that you scrape from the barrel after you run out of the popular and much requested options, not the races that you release FIRST.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Ion just told you that critiques like that are nonsense. You don't represent anybody!
    I don't really care what Ion said, it's pretty obvious that Ion and his team who, as Horde players, are much more invested in the Horde, have a disconnect with the Alliance side. It just really shows.
    Last edited by mmocbe30b8209e; 2018-03-16 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    arent they like enemies? i dont think they have merged
    The Drust were wiped out eventually, but the first encounters may have been more amicable.

The Drust may also have been just one tribe, hostile to the settlers, while the other tribes mingled with the Humans, who helped them against the Drust.

Ok, you could've just said "I don't agree with your interpretation", but don't quote me and just repeat your salty opinion. Blizzard doing this on purpose just to alienate players makes little sense, they rather gave the Alliance as much as they could, within the boundaries present.

You may think the server spits in your drink because you annoyed them with constant questions and special orders, but that simply makes no sense from a business point of view.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2018-03-16 at 04:58 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

The Drust were wiped out eventually, but the first encounters may have been more amicable.

The Drust may also have been just one tribe, hostile to the settlers, while the other tribes mingled with the Humans, who helped them against the Drust.
    so far in alpha is was shown that all drust were hostile, i believe the kul'tiran human monster hunters are just like that for the plot

Deleted

Ok, you could've just said "I don't agree with your interpretation", but don't quote me and just repeat your salty opinion. Blizzard doing this on purpose just to alienate players makes little sense, they rather gave the Alliance as much as they could, within the boundaries present.
    While it did sound like I meant that Blizzard was doing it on purpose, in truth I was hyperbolic. My honest opinion on the matter is just Blizzard have a disconnect from Alliance side because most of the devs are Horde fans and are invested in the Horde much stronger than in the Alliance. Which results in very weird decisions.

Of course there are. But it's also obvious that alternatives would had been much more popular than them.
    "It would be more popular" still doesn't override the impossibility of giving one faction a race that'd be a direct copy of one of the other faction's, just with a different eye color.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Wasn't about love, either. It was two displaced young teenagers in a horrible situation finding refuge in rebelling against their respective houses by a taboo relationship in which they spent more time just telling each other how in love they were, rather than actually being in love.
    A lot of the nuances of Shakespeare's works are lost on modern audiences due to changing values.

Deleted
    "It would be more popular" still doesn't override the impossibility of giving one faction a race that'd be a direct copy of one of the other faction's, just with a different eye color.
    If they truly researched and looked into what many Alliance players wanted, they would have given High Elves with, for example, Nozdormu models.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Wasn't about love, either. It was two displaced young teenagers in a horrible situation finding refuge in rebelling against their respective houses by a taboo relationship in which they spent more time just telling each other how in love they were, rather than actually being in love.
    You. I like you. You have the good thinkings that make my brain go "Yay!"
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this was pretty freaking awesome.

Though I still wish they threw the Banshee wail in there somewhere. But that rendition is pretty sweet, A Call to Arms is a classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they truly researched and looked into what many Alliance players wanted, they would have given High Elves with, for example, Nozdormu models.
    Thing is though, you want it to sound like Blizzard is intentionally giving Alliance "bottom of the barrel" races because they like Horde more. Pretty sure out of the huge huge team that are working on this expansion, many of them play Alliance....would be interesting to see the actual numbers. I really don't think they're playing favorites for either faction. Look at Legion and all the people crying Blizzard bias for Alliance, now look at BfA......people crying Horde bias. So there ya go...they even things out. Seriously, I really think people need to just cool their jets on the ally races and wait and see. AND if they don't get what they want...just.....stop....quit....both factions.....it's annoying. I'm done

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad they did not say in the Q&A at what level the next allied races start