Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    People like you make my head hurt "just because they have a baton" lol...why do you types always have to GROSSLY simplify a situation to fit your narrative?

Reminds me of Michael Brown where he was "just walking down the street"

People who are this violent towards police are much more violent towards average citizens, they don't give a shit.
    Yeah you missed the point. What should be justifiable when the police beat the hell out of someone with a baton for no reason? See Rodney King. Yet the police are afraid of being over powered by a guy with a baton so they shoot him. If Rodney King had a gun with a permit would he have been "justified" in shooting his attackers (The officers beating him)?

Should they get a trial? Why shouldn't other people be treated worse than the police?

I'm tired of seeing people who think that police should receive special treatment.
    Last edited by Hilhen7; 2018-03-16 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    State-Sponsored Murder

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    A druggie got put down for attempting to use a weapon on a cop. I'm not going to mourn a waste of life that "victim" was.
    Yeah it's okay when it's some druggie. But when cops are beating down on Rodney King with batons you wouldn't want someone to open fire on them...

Nope, they should get a trial...

Who cares if it's a cop? Why should cops get special treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    You are aware they go before a grand jury after a shooting yes? The jury decides if the case goes foward.
    Perhaps I didn't word it correctly. Would you be okay if those cops beating Rodney Kings got shot? Instead of getting a trial.

Because that druggie should have gotten a trial, not a bullet. The druggie should get the same treatment that the police in the Rodney King case received.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    People here really need to learn not to get involved with illegal drugs and attacking cops.
    That's just a stupid request, what country is free of drugs and mentally ill people? The obvious is that police need to be taught how to deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    That's a fair argument, I'll grant you that. But they should have been much more calculated in their approach, and only gotten aggressive if he was approaching civilians or attempting to escape into a building, something like that.
    Cops are going to protect themselves by whatever means necessary when they are threatened in a manner displayed by the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    He was most likely high on PCP or meth, he ran from the officer, he ran after being tazed, he assaulted the officer, he fought with the two officers after he was maced, and he grabbed the one officer's baton after the officer took it out. However he did not deserve to be shot.

MMO-Champ doesn't like Facebook videos so here's the direct link to it on Facebook

... Please, PLEASE tell me you're being sarcastic OP.
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2018-03-16 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Cops are going to protect themselves by whatever means necessary when they are threatened in a manner displayed by the guy.
    So shouldn't citizens also protect themselves from abusive cops. Rodney King for instance should be allowed to protect himself from the cops?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    Perhaps I didn't word it correctly. Would you be okay if those cops beating Rodney Kings got shot? Instead of getting a trial.

Because that druggie should have gotten a trial, not a bullet. The druggie should get the same treatment that the police in the Rodney King case received.
    He would have gotten one if he stopped at any point in the 3+ minutes of him attacking police and resisting arrest prior to getting shot. As I said, there are A LOT of unwarranted killings by police officers, cases of officers immediately going for the gun instead of taser or mace. Officers killing a black man in front of his 5 year old daughter because he had a LEGAL hand gun and declared it to the officers and was cooperating fully. This guy however, was non-compliant and the officers went through all the steps of their necessary training including non-lethal force. The cops have a right to defend themselves the same as any citizen. When he took the baton from them, he was armed with a deadly weapon. The shooting is justified.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

So shouldn't citizens also protect themselves from abusive cops. Rodney King for instance should be allowed to protect himself from the cops?
    Are citizens in charge of patrolling and answering calls for help, while putting their lives on the line every day? The Rodney King incident has nothing to do with the thread.

Are citizens in charge of patrolling and answering calls for help, while putting their lives on the line every day? The Rodney King incident has nothing to do with the thread.

It does because people are saying shooting someone with a baton is justified if they are a threat.

Therefore

Police with batons that are physically harming someone without just cause should get the same treatment.

Citizens put their lives on the line every time they interact with corrupt / abusive / inept police officers.

It does because people are saying shooting someone with a baton is justified if they are a threat.

Therefore

Police with batons that are physically harming someone without just cause should get the same treatment.

Citizens put their lives on the line every time they interact with corrupt / abusive / inept police officers.
    Ah, the good ole' whataboutulism. When you want to actually stay on topic, get back with us.

It looks to me like they chased down a seemingly unarmed man, tried to fight him, and when that didn't work they shot him to death. The officers escalated this situation. Even if the man gained possession of the baton and lunged at the officers, a situation that by itself I would say justifies shooting in self defense, the officer's actions directly contributed to that outcome.

There are a lot of details we don't know. If there was some urgency behind it that we don't know about, some reason the cops needed to be so aggressive, that could change my opinion. But when a suspect's fate upon gaining the upper hand in hand to hand combat is death, how about these officers treat that with more seriousness. Realize that, hey, this guy is going to die if I fail in my attack, my attempt to subdue him, maybe keep that in my back pocket if I can't get backup or circumstances change for the worse.

I support officers' right to defend themselves, I've defended Darren Wilson and will continue to do so, I'd just like to find out why these officers had to chase this guy down and engage in close quarters combat and then shoot him to death when that didn't go so well. Darren Wilson stood his ground and got charged at, these cops did the opposite of that.

Ah, the good ole' whataboutulism. When you want to actually stay on topic, get back with us.
    How about the police do their job properly. Instead of pretending to be frightened little children with guns and people having double standards and treating the police like fairy tail heroes.

When people have double standards it's only right that I call out that BS.
    Last edited by Hilhen7; 2018-03-16 at 05:55 PM.

It looks to me like they chased down a seemingly unarmed man, tried to fight him, and when that didn't work they shot him to death. The officers escalated this situation. Even if the man gained possession of the baton and lunged at the officers, a situation that by itself I would say justifies shooting in self defense, the officer's actions directly contributed to that outcome.

There are a lot of details we don't know. If there was some urgency behind it that we don't know about, some reason the cops needed to be so aggressive, that could change my opinion. But when a suspect's fate upon gaining the upper hand in hand to hand combat is death, how about these officers treat that with more seriousness. Realize that, hey, this guy is going to die if I fail in my attack, my attempt to subdue him, maybe keep that in my back pocket if I can't get backup or circumstances change for the worse.

I support officers' right to defend themselves, I've defended Darren Wilson and will continue to do so, I'd just like to find out why these officers had to chase this guy down and engage in close quarters combat and then shoot him to death when that didn't go so well. Darren Wilson stood his ground and got charged at, these cops did the opposite of that.
    First off, if one is innocent, there is no need to get into "hand to hand combat". Police officers are not supposed to simply let a suspect run away. Use a little common sense.

- - - Updated - - -

How about the police do their job properly. Instead of pretending to be frightened little children with guns and people having double standards and treating the police like fairy tail heroes.
    The police in this instance appear to have done their job properly. It is called self defense.

First off, if one is innocent, there is no need to get into "hand to hand combat". Police officers are not supposed to simply let a suspect run away. Use a little common sense.
    I'm not suggesting they let him run away. At all.

- - - Updated - - -

The police in this instance appear to have done their job properly. It is called self defense.
    So would a citizen who did nothing wrong be able to use "Self Defense" if a police officer did the same?

Simple question. Yes or no.

I'm not suggesting they let him run away. At all.
    It looks to me like they chased down a seemingly unarmed man
    I'd just like to find out why these officers had to chase this guy down
    Then why state the above?

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Cops can assault you for little to no reason, but according to the police brutality fans in this thread you can't defend yourself apparently.

So what's the point of having laws like the 2nd Amendment when there's never a lawful ground to defend yourself against tyranny and brutality?
    You are allowed to defend yourself if the cop uses excessive force and the arrest is unwarranted... In some states.

So would a citizen who did nothing wrong be able to use "Self Defense" if a police officer did the same?

Simple question. Yes or no.
    Citizens are allowed to defend themselves. Let us know when a citizen chases down a cop, who then acts crazy and grabs the one of the citizens' weapons, and then shows intent to use it upon a citizen. Until then, stay on topic.