How to get rid of rotational abilities on-screen?

I hate passives that reset basic rotational cooldowns. I have a prot pala, druid and warrior that would like to get rid of this nightmare.

My problem is that to see when which ability is suddenly available, I have to get an indication. I CBA to set up sounds, because I'm too slow to react to sounds.

Currently (and for the past 10 years) the solution was to create either Bartender or WeakAura icons below or at sides from my character.

I wonder if there's an easier method, perhaps with macros?

Something like: Shield slam. If Shield slam on CD then Thunderclap, If thunderclap on CD then something else.

I don't hate having multiple buttons, in fact I'd love to play with blank screen and all abilities on different keybinds, but I just can't tell what's the best way to accomplish that.

**Misunderstood question... never-mind**

No. There's no way to make a macro use a priority. The only way macros will work is stuff like:

/cast
    /cast [mod]
    /cast [@target,friendly]; [@focus,harm]
    /castsequence a, b, c
    /castrandom a, b, c

The only kind of conditional you can set is target dependent, like [@friendly] is a heal, [@harm] is a damage spell.

If you want to do what you're suggesting, get a hidden bar frame. Place all your buttons on it. Make a WeakAura to display the ability if it's available. I can show you the basic form later today if you want an example. If you're a prot warrior it's fortunately going to be pretty easy to do since there aren't many things to worry about.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2018-03-14 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I can show you the basic form later today if you want an example.
    No need. Thank you, though. I was afraid this was the case. I guess the developers are afraid we could fully automate everything into one button - and are probably right.

I know how to set up WA, was just hoping I could skip it. That said, the WA has much better support now. A few years back you had to google everything. Now everything is available everywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Parhelion View Post
    I guess the developers are afraid we could fully automate everything into one button - and are probably right.
    Actually we used to be able to automate everything to a single button. And we did. So they removed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Actually we used to be able to automate everything to a single button. And we did. So they removed it.
    It's still possible to do it. Use GnomeSequencer addon and macros for it from wowlazymacros.com

Why would you want to have a 1 button rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Parhelion View Post
    I hate passives that reset basic rotational cooldowns. I have a prot pala, druid and warrior that would like to get rid of this nightmare.

My problem is that to see when which ability is suddenly available, I have to get an indication. I CBA to set up sounds, because I'm too slow to react to sounds.

Currently (and for the past 10 years) the solution was to create either Bartender or WeakAura icons below or at sides from my character.

I wonder if there's an easier method, perhaps with macros?

Something like: Shield slam. If Shield slam on CD then Thunderclap, If thunderclap on CD then something else.

I don't hate having multiple buttons, in fact I'd love to play with blank screen and all abilities on different keybinds, but I just can't tell what's the best way to accomplish that.
    You could look into the addon Gnome Sequencer Enhanced. It might be able to do what you want.

I'd love to give you more tips but that addon is complex and beyond my caring or understanding to master.