Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There was plenty of time and chances for him to stop running and stopping fighting back.

For some reason I doubt they just picked a random on the street and started chasing after him.

Also, this video should be a drinking game when it comes to "Which alternative should we use before shooting?"
    Taser? Bottom's up.
    Pepper Spray? Bottom's up, hickup..
    Try to physically subdue? Bottmmm... up..
    Heck... street brawl the person? Too drunk for this shit.
    Last edited by Darkeon; 2018-03-16 at 10:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Could have asked bystanders or whoever called them to give a hand in pinning him down to get the cuffs on or tried using a lasso.
    Yeah let's ask for help from the untrained civilian population that we're supposed to be protecting

You're scraping the bottom of the retarded ideas barrel here.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Yeah let's ask for help from the untrained civilian population that we're supposed to be protecting

You're scraping the bottom of the retarded ideas barrel here.
    Yea citizens arrests never happen I suppose. Still a thing but less so with the prevalence of guns. Not seeing any ideas of your own so...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea citizens arrests never happen I suppose. Still a thing but less so with the prevalence of guns. Not seeing any ideas of your own so...
    A citizens arrest is vastly different from actual police requesting backup from civilians. They have vastly different levels of personal liability, and civilians don't have the same kind of mistake protection rights that police do. They're also more limited in the scope of force that they're allowed to use.

As for ideas of my own - 1) don't steal a cop's weapon and attack him with it. 2) train your police force so they can properly back each other up.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Cops in the US kill way too many people - they need more training and more support from their communities.
    Cops are never going to get more community support as long as their first instincts are always to kill first and justify the overreaction later.

They have to be the ones to start de-escalating and showing some proper fucking judgement. And that's me as a reflexive cop-supporter saying that, imagine a true libertarian cop-hater.

Well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Cops are never going to get more community support as long as their first instincts are always to kill first and justify the overreaction later.

They have to be the ones to start de-escalating and showing some proper fucking judgement. And that's me as a reflexive cop-supporter saying that, imagine a true libertarian cop-hater.
    Good thing they didn't try to shoot him first. Too bad that won't stop people like you dragging justified shootings into this mess to talk about how cops are murderers.

I love people say "unarmed" as if a hard enough punch to the head couldn't just kill you outright or give you severe brain trauma.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Good thing they didn't try to shoot him first. Too bad that won't stop people like you dragging justified shootings into this mess to talk about how cops are murderers.
    "People like you" not understanding that the high number of unjustified and unpunished killings have a bit of an impact on community relations are the problem. Stop the bad cops when they act inappropriately and punish them every time and we're not having this discussion.

"People like you" not understanding that the high number of unjustified and unpunished killings have a bit of an impact on community relations are the problem. Stop the bad cops when they act inappropriately and punish them every time and we're not having this discussion.
    Great. Where were the bad cops here? Who shot as a first action?

Again, dragging justified shootings into the pile and making it a joke. But modern activism is a fucking joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Great. Where were the bad cops here? Who shot as a first action?

Again, dragging justified shootings into the pile and making it a joke. But modern activism is a fucking joke.
    Multiple officers on scene. A nonlethal melee weapon taken away from a cop who was beating on a suspect. Not at all an existential threat to multiple cops, ergo lethal force unjustified.

At *best* one cop gets clocked before they can take him down, and the suspect gets taken out before he can be finished off. At best.

Multiple officers on scene. A nonlethal melee weapon taken away from a cop who was beating on a suspect. Not at all an existential threat to multiple cops, ergo lethal force unjustified.

At *best* one cop gets clocked before they can take him down, and the suspect gets taken out before he can be finished off. At best.
    FBI murder stats show you are more likely to be beat to death with a blunt object than to be shot and killed. a police baton is not a nonlethal weapon.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    FBI murder stats show you are more likely to be beat to death with a blunt object than to be shot and killed. a police baton is not a nonlethal weapon.
    Very true. Which is why I carry a firearm. Never bring a deadly blunt object to a gun fight. Anyone attacks me with a weapon in their hand, I am going to shoot their ass.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    Yeah, given the time.

His colleagues are just going to stand there and let the perp club him to death just to prove your point that batons are equally evil as guns I am sure.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Heres an idea, if you don't want to be shot, don't commit a crime, steal a police officer's weapons twice and attack him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    And if he managed to reach the civilian, then what? Also, the angle he approached could have easily prevented the cops from shooting him then. They did everything in their power to try to stop this guy without lethal force. You can't just back off and follow them. 1 civilian crossing the street who doesn't know whats going on is now the guys hostage. Requiring a trained sniper to take him out before he could harm the civilian. You can't just back off a violent criminal and let them roam freely for any period of time. Every second they are wondering around, away from the officers, is a second he could find a hostage or duck away for a hidden weapon.

They were justified in the shooting. We need to stop having threads like this where someone gets shot after the cops tried Everything at their disposal to stop him. Focus on the instances where it is, 100%, not justifiable at all. That is the only way change will happen. Not when its muddied down with things like this
    I just can't believe we haven't figured it out yet. Figured out a way to subdue a guy without killing him. A guy who doesn't have a firearm.

"Well, he fought back when we tried to physically subdue him, so we shot him to death."

Anywhere I put that sentence into my psyche, it doesn't sit comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Recently there was an officer involved shooting close to use that has got the communtiy riled up over it. THIS is the video of what went down. I'm not saying that this guy was without fault or fully innocent because he wasn't. He was most likely high on PCP or meth, he ran from the officer, he ran after being tazed, he assaulted the officer, he fought with the two officers after he was maced, and he grabbed the one officer's baton after the officer took it out. However he did not deserve to be shot.

MMO-Champ doesn't like Facebook videos so here's the direct link to it on Facebook
    Have you been in that position? Have you been in the position of trying to subdue someone high on something and you dont know if they are going to kill you or the other authorities with you? Have you had to make that split second decision? If not dont pass judgment...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I just can't believe we haven't figured it out yet. Figured out a way to subdue a guy without killing him. A guy who doesn't have a firearm.

"Well, he fought back when we tried to physically subdue him, so we shot him to death."

Anywhere I put that sentence into my psyche, it doesn't sit comfortably.
    Yet it sits comfortably for someone to get high on something and try and kill others????

If you don't want to get shot don't attack a cop. Pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighud44 View Post
    Yet it sits comfortably for someone to get high on something and try and kill others????
    Not at all! The guy was absolutely in the wrong for whatever he did and for whatever substances he used, if any. He should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for his crimes. I'm not aware that he tried to kill anyone though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I cannot expect change until police officers are held accountable. Most people agree it is out of control. But those same people elect the same judges that bail the cop out of responsibility every time. Mostly boils down to R vs D team rah rah instead of actually understanding the issues. It is a big problem. But I until it changes this is all we can expect.
    Yeap but dont hold anyone else accountable for their actions...Just the police...gotcha,,,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    He didn't get what he deserved, he got shot because he took a swing at a cop. Without knowing anything more than you saw, how the hell could you know if that is what he deserved?
    Same way you and all the other cop haters say the cops could have dont something different. You werent there. You werent in that situation.