Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    No you haven't.
    Yes I have
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Inb4 this is shut down by Blizzard because of third-party software and API calls that Blizzard doesn't want you to actually use (See: That AR Addon).

TLDR: Inb4 Blizzard shuts down because they don't want fun.
    The guy actually changed some of his mods features because of said restrictions actually..but agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    What do you think the massive prune and "streamlining" served to? Not in vain Celestalon talked about playing WoW in a tablet, they must have been doing (or attempting, at least) that internally for quite some time.
    sure
    good luck healing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Even though a mouse and keyboard can easily be supported by a console, especially these days, it's still heavily frowned upon and no one releases a game that way. Console play is synonymous with controller and will always be vastly different. Wow eating disk space like crazy is also something that probably would annoy alot of people, how big is it these days? Did it already exceed the 100gb?
    Somethinh like 69 gigs. Abd what do mouse and keyboards vs controllers have to do with rpgs being simplified?

Just lazy devs not wanting to actually make a decent ui if you ask me. Or focusing so much on high end graphics they cannot be arsed to make it a living old school world.

It's been possible for a long time but I agree this is pretty cool. If I had a 2nd PC I might try it but I don't so RIP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    sure
    good luck healing
    Afain they ysed ffxiv as a base. Now healing and attacking could be annoying but you can target allies by using up and down buttons to choose which onr to heal after focus targeting or somesuch..

It IS annoying as fuck for reaid healing though

For leveling and immersion... and non-group based content I think it's fine. Kinda nice to spice it up and get away from being hunched over a keyboard and mouse, but for any other type of play, it's terrible.

I have two friends who were able to make controllers work with WoW with an addon of sorts. They say its 55 dif bindings they use, but they're able to do all the things that we do normally--even M+ and raiding. They perform at that level on a few alts as well, and also keep a keyboard on hand to type with when they want/need to.

I'd have never believed it before seeing it in action, but after seeing them get along, skys the limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    For leveling and immersion... and non-group based content I think it's fine. Kinda nice to spice it up and get away from being hunched over a keyboard and mouse, but for any other type of play, it's terrible.
    Not really NOBODY can tell when i am using it and even asked. They seemed surprised/didn't care

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I have two friends who were able to make controllers work with WoW with an addon of sorts. They say its 55 dif bindings they use, but they're able to do all the things that we do normally--even M+ and raiding. They perform at that level on a few alts as well, and also keep a keyboard on hand to type with when they want/need to.

I'd have never believed it before seeing it in action, but after seeing them get along, skys the limit.
    Honestly it REALLY just depends i for one do FAR better with controller but i know most need a mouse and keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Disagree. Plenty of games both MMORPG and not that genre on consoles.

BDO (soon), Tera (beta), FF14, ESO, Neverwinter, Smite, Paladins, Skyforge, Warframe, Marvel Heroes (shutdown now sadly), DC Universe, Planetside 2 and so on.

Also WoW says 43 GB for me. That's nothing compared to some single player games on console that eat up disk space. FF15 is single player and that is about 10-20% of a PS4s disk space.
    It says my wow folder is 107 gb oO. I guess Blizzard still doesn't do its own clean up .. ffs.

Edit: Nvm, my folder structure is kinda borked it seems, inside my WoW folder is a Blizzard folder which also has other launcher titles.That one is on me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Somethinh like 69 gigs. Abd what do mouse and keyboards vs controllers have to do with rpgs being simplified?

Just lazy devs not wanting to actually make a decent ui if you ask me. Or focusing so much on high end graphics they cannot be arsed to make it a living old school world.
    You only can get the feeling of say a caster better across if you change the combat completely (combo points, cluncky selection mechanisms, etc), which is frankly not much of an option. I certainly don't want wow to turn into turn based garbage either, then I'd rather live with up to 8 abilities max..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-03-17 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Even though a mouse and keyboard can easily be supported by a console, especially these days, it's still heavily frowned upon and no one releases a game that way. Console play is synonymous with controller and will always be vastly different. Wow eating disk space like crazy is also something that probably would annoy alot of people, how big is it these days? Did it already exceed the 100gb?
    Final Fantasy XIV on PS4 supports KB&M....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post

Not sure this has been talked about before, if not here we go.. Well I came across another BelluarGaming video, and well someone has done it someone has made an program/addon called WoWMapper and ConsolePort that allows you to use a console controller to play the game..

With this being released it could set a precedence and show Blizzard that it is quite plausible for WoW to be ported to consoles, which I am not entirely sure myself but who knows.. But it does make one wonder but for those curious one concern would be what looks like having to have WoWMapper running in the background for this to work and well we all know it is never wise to do that..
    Final Fantasy 14 does it, so I think WoW could too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    sure
    good luck healing
    Consoleport still has a decent healing option with raid frames. D-pad switches between raid frames while other buttons heal. I've seen someone use that method for healing heroic raids fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyme View Post
    But why?....
    If it can potentially work well and be comfortable, why not?

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if I'd like it but I'd definitely like to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Ffxiv(which the consoleport mod uses as a base) does it and works GREAT

Try it out i say. Consoleports easy enough to install and uses the ffxiv setup/crosshotbar as a base design.
    It can cover every keybind and more
    I didn't base anything in ConsolePort on FFXIV at all. I tried that game once for 5 minutes and didn't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MunkDev View Post
    I didn't base anything in ConsolePort on FFXIV at all. I tried that game once for 5 minutes and didn't like it.
    Ahhh had heard you did my apologies. Kinda badass then you got the same style of input they use in the form of a crossbar

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    What do you think the massive prune and "streamlining" served to? Not in vain Celestalon talked about playing WoW in a tablet, they must have been doing (or attempting, at least) that internally for quite some time.
    1. This is an add-on suite using several add-ons and an input mapper that have existed for a while now.

2. FFXIV has extremely bloated rotations and is fully playable using a similar controller input system. Modern controllers have two analog sticks to control movement and camera, and a total of 14-15 other buttons. Using just two of those as modifiers, there's enough buttons to map 36 different actions to the controller.

3. Celestalon was talking about playing with a keyboard + graphic pen tablet instead of a keyboard + mouse. It has the exact same input functionality as a standard mouse (left click, right click, wheel).

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Modern controllers have two analog sticks to control movement and camera, and a total of 14-15 other buttons. Using just two of those as modifiers, there's enough buttons to map 36 different actions to the controller.
    Actually, two modifiers yields a total of 4 states (e.g. none, L1, L2, L1+L2) so you're at roughly 60 bindings (4 * 15) in a game like WoW that supports modifiers. ConsolePort has 60-64 bindings for regular controllers and 68 for a Steam controller (it gains two on the back but loses the center button). The default binding preset has 36 bindings mapped to action bars and 20~ bindings to various other things you might need.

There are also features that offer multiple actions represented by one binding, like the utility ring (basically OPie), raid cursor and unit frame targeting. Having enough bindings has never really been an issue. I started tinkering with this setup in MoP and never had any trouble fitting everything I needed.