Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    So, about that "State Media" thing...

The BBC's objective, independent, impartial journalism.

...seems to be losing any subtlety.
    It's nice to know Comrade Corbyn can count on Mother Russia to stand up for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Ok, so who else is going to try to assassinate former Russian spies with Russian chemical weapons?
    That logic reminds me of Masada bombings. Who else is going to bomb muslims in France, trying to spark a Jew-Arab war... hmmm... Who else was behind Syrian chemical attacks if not for Assad or Russians (Russians, definitely them!!!) ...
    http://washingtonsblog.com/2014/04/n...-whip-war.html
    NATO Members Conduct False Flag Terror In Attempt to Whip Up War
    Posted on April 8, 2014 by WashingtonsBlog
    Turkey Busted for False Flag Terror
    Pulitzer-prize winning investigative reporter Seymour Hersh (who uncovered the Iraq prison torture scandal and the Mai Lai massacre in Vietnam) says that high-level American sources tell him that the Turkish government carried out the chemical weapons attacks blamed on the Syrian government.
    Even caught some of the plans on tape. But somehow, "everyone knows" that Assad is responsible for them. Facts that are inconvenient are simply swept under a rug. Everything must be according to a party line. Damn, we (as a western society in general, not individuals in particular) are so far up our own asses that we forget how to question the establishment. The thing they scared us most with - being mindless drones, a biomass with no opinion, "like in communist countries!!1!", well, it is here. And communists have nothing to do with it.
    “Why of course the people don’t want war … But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship … Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”
    – Hermann Goering, SA-Gruppenführer, Nazi Germany.
    “If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.”
    – U.S. President James Madison
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2018-03-17 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Western news ties him to putins corrupt political regime in Russia due to his statements.
    Russian news calls for anyone not committed to father putin corrupt regime and russia to at best be considered a criminal and at worst a traitor of the nation who ideally should just die.

That's the difference, thanks for pointing out this is the absolute worst you could find on western respectable media and not even come near to its counter parts. Although people already knew this.
    Western media is smarter in its propaganda. In the core, it's the same. Modus operandi for Russian media is publishing plain bullshit, whereas for West, it's omission of information. You can't claim it's bullshit (except when it is bullshit), because it's mostly isn't for bigger outlets, but some delicate information is always missing, effectively misleading readers. I read whatever media out there, Turkish, Russian, Western. They are all same in the core: propaganda machines, just different in methodology.

In terms of spamming readers with a specific narrative, all media outlets are the same. West, or Russian. To me, the people who defend Western media outlets here are not so different than a Russian defending Russian media outlets.

It's not just Russia. Anything I read on any media, I take it with a grain of salt, including the ones in Turkey. I suggest you to do the same.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2018-03-17 at 09:20 AM.

Guess they are all just so hard to find mhm, how often is Putins military spending called into question when projects that actually help fellow russians like infrastructure are being delayed for what 7 years now with the promise "maybe next year?"
    Constantly.

Here is Russian finance minister criticizing enlargement of military budget. Is that good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Anything you read on Russian news about the west, take it with a grain of salt*
    I take anything on Russian media with a grain of salt. Western readers, however, take everything in like a sheep from their own media outlets. I can't blame them tho, you need an extra level of enthusiasm to reach the correct information that's somewhere in Middle East, or Russia. You need to know either local language, or be lucky enough to have a proper media outlet publishing in English. You do not have these in Russia or Turkey.

Most proper media outlets in Turkey are either amateur, or publish in Turkish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I take anything on Russian media with a grain of salt. Western readers, however, take everything in like a sheep from their own media outlets. I can't blame them tho, you need an extra level of enthusiasm to reach the correct information that's somewhere in Middle East, or Russia. You need to know either local language, or be lucky enough to have a proper media outlet publishing in English. You do not have these in Russia or Turkey.
    We actually have Meduza.io for English-version look from Russian opposition side.

We actually have Meduza.io for English-version look from Russian opposition side.
    I will check it out, thanks for the heads up. You still don't have something proper for Turkey in English tho.

Deleted
    What were they reporting on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    What were they reporting on here?
    This seems to be episode in question; screenshot seems to point out to something around 12-13 minute mark.

Sorry, cannot watch that myself as i'm not in UK; would love to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Russian deflection efforts are getting increasingly desperate, I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Western media is smarter in its propaganda. In the core, it's the same. Modus operandi for Russian media is publishing plain bullshit, whereas for West, it's omission of information. You can't claim it's bullshit (except when it is bullshit), because it's mostly isn't for bigger outlets, but some delicate information is always missing, effectively misleading readers. I read whatever media out there, Turkish, Russian, Western. They are all same in the core: propaganda machines, just different in methodology.

In terms of spamming readers with a specific narrative, all media outlets are the same. West, or Russian. To me, the people who defend Western media outlets here are not so different than a Russian defending Russian media outlets.

It's not just Russia. Anything I read on any media, I take it with a grain of salt, including the ones in Turkey. I suggest you to do the same.
    With western media i include my informative programs after the basic news. That are made out of debates and discussions, Not even two news stations report completely the same.

Anyway we have been here before and this debate with you is utterly pointless. If you want to believe in some grand global scale conspiracy go ahead i won't.

- - - Updated - - -

No not good enough can't read a single word what is said there.

With western media i include my informative programs after the basic news. That are made out of debates and discussions, Not even two news stations report completely the same.

Anyway we have been here before and this debate with you is utterly pointless. If you want to believe in some grand global scale conspiracy go ahead i won't.
    There is no conspiracy, Russian or UK. It is just group-think and politicians exploiting it.

Deleted
    This seems to be episode in question; screenshot seems to point out to something around 12-13 minute mark.

Sorry, cannot watch that myself as i'm not in UK; would love to know.
    So you are not even sure what the context was?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no conspiracy, Russian or UK. It is just group-think and politicians exploiting it.
    kk kremlin slave

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    So you are not even sure what the context was?
    Given news at the time, most likely case is fairly obvious - Corbyn statement in parliament.

No matter the context, however, propaganda angle is as obvious as it gets.

- - - Updated - - -

No not good enough can't read a single word what is said there.
    ...do you seriously want English version of Russian budget talks?

How about i ask you to show me where May military spending is called in question in Russian?

Deleted
    Given news at the time, most likely case is fairly obvious - Corbyn statement in parliament.

From my limited knowledge of UK media, it isn't exactly uncommon to make excessive photoshops or drawings of a current event, to emphasis a point.

Do you know the show to the extend that this is somehow a completely isolated incident?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Corbyn’s a communist sympathiser with ties to Russia. All BBC is doing is showing people the facts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is that good reason to attack Corbyn this way?

If Russia blames some terrorist attack on US, is it proper to show next day opposition against image of Capitol and American flag on government channel, all while whipping up frenzy "Americans did it!!!" ?
    "Why would Putin kill him like this? Putin knows it would be way too obvious to kill someone with intel from within Russia! Clearly it is just Putin being framed by the UK government! No one would ever do something so obvious!"

Have you ever... possibly... thought that Putin does it because you all think like this and he knows he can get away with it because you're completely, totally, utterly fucking whipped?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

...do you seriously want English version of Russian budget talks?

How about i ask you to show me where May military spending is called in question in Russian?
    More whataboutism, you have been trained well sovjet muppet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The Russian deflection efforts are getting increasingly desperate, I see.
    True, I'm not sure why I made my previous post. Someone who's paid to defend dear leader Putin is going to do so without thought.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"