Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    as a raider in a group with 0 leather users , I'll take 5 specialized drops everyday from now on , compared to 2 drops that could even be both useless to everyone
    If you have no leather wearers then obviously you're not in a situation that needs certain people getting loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If you have no leather wearers then obviously you're not in a situation that needs certain people getting loot.
    Yes, but the boss could still decide we needed leather with ML possibly reducing useful drops to 0

Quote Originally Posted by Huh View Post
    "Most raids used master loot for tier which is not in BfA. " There is no tier in BFA
    That's the whole god damn point.

15+ Year Old Account
    There would be an uproar if they did remove it, so I don't think they are dumb enough to do so. All they are saying is that they will push for more Personal Loot going forward. There could be two good reasons for it. First it is a better system overall and secondly it means less handling of Support Tickets as a result of ninja looting through Master Looter in Pick Up Groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    . First it is a better system overall
    that's subjective

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    secondly it means less handling of Support Tickets as a result of ninja looting through Master Looter in Pick Up Groups.
    This hasn't really been a thing since the start of legion, unless it's 80% guild you CAN'T use ML. It's why I only pug into guild groups if I have to pug, I will NOT use PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnosh View Post
    PL is already mandatory in Pugs, I see no reason to remove choice from guilds besides slowering the gearup process. If people are in a guild that is using ML in a way they don't like can just leave. In my guild we use ML and I don't see any issues with it, everyone has a bucket list of what they want and they usually get it, if two guys want the same they are mature enough to decide who takes it that time.
    If a person in ur guild gets a loot that he/she doesn't deserve then ask him/her to trade with other person(in the eye of RL deserve loot) end of story.
    I really didn't like ML , but i did see the benefit of ML with tier set , but as tier are removed give an illustration where PL will be bad for so called progressive guild. When PL is implemented , if a person doesn't trade loot on order of RL just kick the player from guild and find new player , simple isn't it , just like u gave answer regarding finding new guild if ML is abused.
    PL will get ride of lot of guild that abuses ML system.
    Only persons is see crying about removal of ML is people who had been abusing ML loot system them self.

Quote Originally Posted by andy123456 View Post
    If a person in ur guild gets a loot that he/she doesn't deserve then ask him/her to trade with other person(in the eye of RL deserve loot) end of story.
    I really didn't like ML , but i did see the benefit of ML with tier set , but as tier are removed give an illustration where PL will be bad for so called progressive guild. When PL is implemented , if a person doesn't trade loot on order of RL just kick the player from guild and find new player , simple isn't it , just like u gave answer regarding finding new guild if ML is abused.
    PL will get ride of lot of guild that abuses ML system.
    Only persons is see crying about removal of ML is people who had been abusing ML loot system them self.
    You CAN'T trade a lot of PL, and they're not going to just flat out remove those restrictions. It's going to turn progression into a crap shoot of which guild had the better loot distribution.

I don't handle loot, I don't have any privileges when it comes TO loot, but I would NEVER join anything using PL, it feels wrong to me. Like i said, I only pug into guild groups using ML.

You CAN'T trade a lot of PL, and they're not going to just flat out remove those restrictions. It's going to turn progression into a crap shoot of which guild had the better loot distribution.

I don't handle loot, I don't have any privileges when it comes TO loot, but I would NEVER join anything using PL, it feels wrong to me. Like i said, I only pug into guild groups using ML.
    what PL cannot be traded , give example.

what PL cannot be traded , give example.
    Anything 1 ilvl over what you're wearing? Even if its absolute garbage for you? The first few weeks of raiding, the most important weeks for progression, most loot will be stuck wherever it falls.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    there is absolutely zero chance that masterloot isn't in the game come launch day. zero chance.
    You've got a hat ready to eat, right?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Anything 1 ilvl over what you're wearing? Even if its absolute garbage for you? The first few weeks of raiding, the most important weeks for progression, most loot will be stuck wherever it falls.
    really "Anything 1 ilvl over what you're wearing?" . Read what you have written again
    The trinket which falls from dogs boss in antrous - shadowsing(945), don't remember it exact name , but i got it first time and i was using sentinal from TOS 935 and i successfully traded it to other member of guild.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    my guild used ML for 95% of our raids in legion , Wasting loot . We would only get 2 pieces per boss with ML , personal instead spiked that number to 5 drops per boss.
    The only downside is if you are a unique class in the raid your tier chances are lower than ever , but tier will go bye bye in BfA leaving only personal to be the desired loot choice .

Although i find it annoying people begging for loot when they see it pop up . I mean , If i want a transmo piece i have to pray no one else wants to need on my item .
    I'll just adopt the loot peek strategy and have it all sent me in the mail ....

- - - Updated - - -

depending on your group size you would drop way less in ML
    Your anecdotal evidence is incorrect. Base loot drop rate is one piece per five people. If you were getting two with ML, your raid had less than 15 people in it. If you suddenly went to five pieces with personal loot, your raid also added between seven to ten people, because personal loot drops at the same rate, but then drops one extra piece. Master loot is n/5 = loot count; personal loot is (n/5)+1, where n is the number of players in the raid.

- - - Updated - - -

really "Anything 1 ilvl over what you're wearing?" . Read what you have written again
    The trinket which falls from dogs boss in antrous - shadowsing(945), don't remember it exact name , but i got it first time and i was using sentinal from TOS 935 and i successfully traded it to other member of guild.
    Did you have a legendary trinket? The trade restriction takes legendaries for that slot into account for "highest ilvl," even if they're rotting in the bank. Also what the shit. The Tarnished Sentinel Medallion is a caster DPS trinket. Why are you using that - especially a Mythic-warforged ilvl one - and yet somehow the Shadow-singed Fang is also something that could drop for you?
    Last edited by Nefarious Tea; 2018-03-17 at 04:26 PM.

Because you had something at or over 945, probably a legendary, which will not exist in BfA. The trading issue is going to rear its ugly head without legendaries bloating your slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    You've got a hat ready to eat, right?
    Only cry baby, blizz will listen to will be hardcore raiding group , and even they will understand that ML has no use with no tier set.

- - - Updated - - -

Your anecdotal evidence is incorrect. Base loot drop rate is one piece per five people. If you were getting two with ML, your raid had less than 15 people in it. If you suddenly went to five pieces with personal loot, your raid also added between seven to ten people, because personal loot drops at the same rate, but then drops one extra piece. Master loot is n/5 = loot count; personal loot is (n/5)+1, where n is the number of players in the raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you have a legendary trinket? The trade restriction takes legendaries for that slot into account for "highest ilvl" - even if they're rotting in the bank.
    please explain in detail.

- - - Updated - - -

Because you had something at or over 945, probably a legendary, which will not exist in BfA. The trading issue is going to rear its ugly head without legendaries bloating your slots.
    which i already wrote in previous comments, that "with no tier set and blizz make item level upgrade tradeable their is 0 need for ML". Although loot lose due to unable to trade item level upgrade will be very less but blizz can easily solve this by making it tradeable.

Only cry baby, blizz will listen to will be hardcore raiding group , and even they will understand that ML has no use with no tier set.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

which i already wrote in previous comments, that "with no tier set and blizz make item level upgrade tradeable their is 0 need for ML". Although loot lose due to unable to trade item level upgrade will be very less but blizz can easily solve this by making it tradeable.
    They're not going to make it so all loot via PL is tradeable, it's just not going to happen and is delusional to think so. And even if they did do that in some other world where blizz actually does things like that, I still wouldn't use it.

They're not going to make it so all loot via PL is tradeable, it's just not going to happen and is delusional to think so.
    Thinking in starting carrier in future seeing???
    Most of the people has not been successful in future seeing but good luck with it.

Thinking in starting carrier in future seeing???
    Most of the people has not been successful in future seeing but good luck with it.
    I edited it so you probably missed it but "And even if they did do that in some other world where blizz actually does things like that, I still wouldn't use it."

Also, it would make the RL job uneedidly stressful.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you have a legendary trinket? The trade restriction takes legendaries for that slot into account for "highest ilvl," even if they're rotting in the bank. Also what the shit. The Tarnished Sentinel Medallion is a caster DPS trinket. Why are you using that - especially a Mythic-warforged ilvl one - and yet somehow the Shadow-singed Fang is also something that could drop for you?
    Marksmanship

with no tier set and if blizz make item level upgrade tradeable, no point in keeping ML. Loot lost due to item level upgrade are small, but if blizz enable trade for this , their is no plus point for ML any more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Agreed.

ML should remain as an option.

They should also remove the "can't trade if it's a higher ilvl"-BS restriction on PL.
    Agreed.

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They should also remove the "can't trade if it's a higher ilvl"-BS restriction on PL.
    I'd be happy if they even just removed the trade restriction for guild groups. I don't need every floor-tanking fool in a pug begging my alts for a drop.

Uhh, explain what? You quoted at least two statements so I have no idea which you're talking about.

i already wrote in previous comments, that "with no tier set and blizz make item level upgrade tradeable their is 0 need for ML". Although loot lose due to unable to trade item level upgrade will be very less but blizz can easily solve this by making it tradeable.
    Tier is gone, yes. But every other slot is still a slot of contention. What's BiS for one spec is garbage for another. But oops, can't trade it so that item that's ten or fifteen or twenty ilvls higher is only worth its vendor value.
    Last edited by Nefarious Tea; 2018-03-17 at 04:55 PM.