Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This is about as stupid as asking why Demon Hunters are tied to Demons/Fel and why Death Knights are all undead.

Also, as stated, the Pandaren do not hold grudges. They would be more than happy to teach any who ask. It's more likely that the Zandalari are the ones who do not wish to learn.
    Last edited by mmocd2f4dc063e; 2018-03-17 at 06:58 PM.

Pandaren wouldn't teach Zandalari to be monks, but would teach the Darkspear who would teach the Zandalari?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    But Undead Monks are totally cool, right?!

yep, last i remember the undead did not enslave the pandaren for thousands of years, then try to again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josmo View Post
    Pandaren wouldn't teach Zandalari to be monks, but would teach the Darkspear who would teach the Zandalari?
    learning something i no where near as hard as teaching something.
    so pandaren teaching darkspear, those darkspear could not then just go and right away teach the zandalari.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Zandalari and pandaren were once mortal enemies. I don't think they'll hold much of a grudge anymore (especially after Zul's faction is destroyed), but the Zandalari are proud and I don't think they'd want to train under the pandaren to learn their fighting style.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean the way of the monk is taught by the August Celestials so of course it's tied to Pandaria.
    How do Pandaren Monks come out of the Wandering Isle, with no August Celestial presence then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    How do Pandaren Monks come out of the Wandering Isle, with no August Celestial presence then?
    The Monks on the Wandering Isle still train in the old ways, just like the mainland Pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    The Monks on the Wandering Isle still train in the old ways, just like the mainland Pandaren.
    How are the other races monk then? Since they don't come from either?

Id personally LOVE for monks to be reworked a little in names and themes to be disconnected from pandaren.
    They are moving that way for paladins and druids and the class is better for it, this allows more racially themed subvariants which is great for the lore. Pandaren monks are thematically stifled, and it hurts. When they reworked scarlet monastary and updated the human monks, it seemed like a great theme to pull from for player monks, but that was dashed when they merged pandaren culture with the class.

Personally i think its just a massive shame

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Id personally LOVE for monks to be reworked a little in names and themes to be disconnected from pandaren.
    They are moving that way for paladins and druids and the class is better for it, this allows more racially themed subvariants which is great for the lore. Pandaren monks are thematically stifled, and it hurts. When they reworked scarlet monastary and updated the human monks, it seemed like a great theme to pull from for player monks, but that was dashed when they merged pandaren culture with the class.

Personally i think its just a massive shame
    That is the biggest problem with Monks right now that they are too heavily focused on Pandaren culture. What Blizzard could have done to both tie into MOP and the traditional fantasy monk class would have been to just have one spec be related to Pandaren like Brewmaster and have the others based on traditional RPG monks to appeal to the rest of the fanbase who wanted a Monk class.

To be frank monks should be exclusive only for pandarns.

Deleted
    How are the other races monk then? Since they don't come from either?
    They are taught by a Pandaren, those Monk class trainers in the starting zones are your master.

Also this line of thinking is utterly stupid.

How is it ANY different than none Night Elf Druids worshipping the Night Elven Wild Gods? The Monks just worship the Pandaren Wild Gods.

In real life, can an Arab not become a Buddhist, a christian, a jew? Or in your head is it 'weird' that they aren't all Muslim?
    Last edited by mmocd2f4dc063e; 2018-03-17 at 08:09 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zandalari are not monks exclusively because of the Pandaren culture.

They don't like dextery. They value brute force - in a way, they are very similar to the Mogu. BIG WEAPONS! MAGICAL MIGHT! Rogues and Monks don't match with the Zuldazar folk.

Because non-pandaren monks don't make any sense.

And Zandalari monks would be almost as bad as allowing elves in their city.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Because non-pandaren monks don't make any sense.

And Zandalari monks would be almost as bad as allowing elves in their city.
    Explain to me why it doesn't make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Uhm, I'm sorry but I doubt any pandaren with honour would teach a Zandalari the way of the monks.
    If only there were other races who could be monks that could pass on the traditions... IF ONLY!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't follow this premise. Both Void Elves and Nightborne can be monks. That Zandalari in partucular can't be is something else.

They are taught by a Pandaren, those Monk class trainers in the starting zones are your master.

Also this line of thinking is utterly stupid.

How is it ANY different than none Night Elf Druids worshipping the Night Elven Wild Gods? The Monks just worship the Pandaren Wild Gods.

In real life, can an Arab not become a Buddhist, a christian, a jew? Or in your head is it 'weird' that they aren't all Muslim?
    Erm. So, why doesn't any of that reasoning work in regards to Zandalari Monks, which seems to be the main point of most posts in this thread.

Deleted
    Erm. So, why doesn't any of that reasoning work in regards to Zandalari Monks, which seems to be the main point of most posts in this thread.
    It does work in regards to them.....

There is no reason they shouldn't other than the Zandalari not wanting to learn.

Explain to me why it doesn't make sense?
    Because it has absolutely nothing to do with those races. Humans, dwarves, gnomes, orcs, trolls, tauren, undead, elves, what is the reasoning behind any of these becoming monks? Where are the monk elements in their culture and history?

"The pandaren teached them."

Alright. Then where are my orc druids? They make sense, the tauren teached them.
    It actually makes MORE sense, as the tauren live closer to the orcs, have known them for longer and are good allies to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Because it has absolutely nothing to do with those races. Humans, dwarves, gnomes, orcs, trolls, tauren, undead, elves, what is the reasoning behind any of these becoming monks? Where are the monk elements in their culture and history?

"The pandaren teached them."

Alright. Then where are my orc druids? They make sense, the tauren teached them.
    It actually makes MORE sense, as the tauren live closer to the orcs, have known them for longer and are good allies to them.
    You are looking at it all wrong. Stop thinking of it as a 'class' and look at it as a religion.

Not every Arab man is a muslim, there are many who are christian, jewish etc. The none Pandaren chose to learn the Monkish ways because it interested them. It's really not a hard concept.

Orcs aren't Druids because they don't want to be Druids. Simple as that.