Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    They have been in the lore since very beginning of wow. Heck you even see them during the times of Second and third war. If anything Gnomes have more history within the alliance than Vulpera and Sethrak ever did.

Oh because adding something that fans who have played Warcraft 2 who have been asking for years to play those races is totally not acceptable. But when something stupid and little to faction's identity's history like Sethrak, Vulpera, Void Elves, or maybe Void Orcs or whatever type of race that is out a developer's mind is totally ok and adds something to what Warcraft series is right.
    I'm not saying that Vulpera are good, they're a terrible choice. I'm just saying that those two you mentioned are worse.

Exactly. Allied race system is suppose to be a system where you go find allies you already have made or have been in a faction for a long time. It shouldn't even be a system where you get new races out of developer's random thoughts and say that this is ok. Adding something New is alright but when your Adding unnecessary stupid races that no one asked for or doesn't have actually history with a faction then you know you done mess up your original idea for what the wow fans want.
    That's what you want it to be. Not what it is. You're not the one calling the shots on this, Blizzard is. And they can add whatever they want to it.

So far the only connecting factor of Allied Races is that you've got to do a questline to unlock them.

They aren't even confirmed playable and here you are prognasticating how they aren't going to fit in. How the hell?

10+ Year Old Account
    "New things are bad, only use this ONE FUCKING GAME as backstory, all other sources are wrong."

I've never understood the logic behind that viewpoint. Do people just not understand how story crafting works? Allow me to end this debate for the confused.

If a story does not move forward, does not add new things, never changes...
    IT STAGNATES AND DIES!

Adding new things is how you move the story forward. A story that never changes is called a picture. A picture presents a single thought forever frozen in a single frame. Would you like me to hand you a box with a picture in it and call it the next expansion? You can't do anything with it except look at it and enjoy the single frame of what would have been a game, but people didn't want change so you only get this one picture that never changes. Because that is what people who want the game to "go back to Classic, use WC3 lore only, and forget everything else" are asking to receive. Games need stories, not pictures.

And new races are part of those new stories. And some of those new races will decide that they want to be involved with the world and will choose a side. And they will likely choose the side that came to their aid in a time of need. Don't like it? Don't play them. I, for one, refuse to play a Human or an Orc...because they're the boring races. Literally every other race in the game is more interesting. That might change with the Kul'Tirans though. The tiny little sliver of story I have from them alone is more interesting than the entire history of Stormwind. Pretty sure I've got a Kul'Tiran warrior in my future...probably named Juggernautical...if I can fit it. (Edit: It doesn't fit. T_T)

For the record, this wasn't intended at the OP directly. It's more of a broad shot at anyone who doesn't want new things in the game.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2018-03-18 at 10:55 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Exactly. Allied race system is suppose to be a system where you go find allies you already have made or have been in a faction for a long time. It shouldn't even be a system where you get new races out of developer's random thoughts and say that this is ok. Adding something New is alright but when your Adding unnecessary stupid races that no one asked for or doesn't have actually history with a faction then you know you done mess up your original idea for what the wow fans want.

If you want to have a new race than just leave it into the race spot. Allied races are suppose to be subraces and races who have been on the horde and alliance for longest time and have history with that faction. Still blows my mind that people think this system isn't a subrace feature but it is.
    This is fundamentally untrue and your idea of what allied races are "supposed" to be isn't even consistent with the ones we have in game right now, and only applies to two of the confirmed upcoming races. And two is if we generously pretend Draenor orcs are some kind of long term ally of the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The entirety of WoW forums is a vocal minority. Most players never spend any significant amount of time talking about the game.

So of course it's always just a vocal minority complaining about anything, because even if the forums had a single, unanimous opinion you'd still only have a vocal minority.

Though if you went through each of those threads, you'd get a handful of people posting in all of them, and less than a hundred others that drop in for 1-2 posts. So even objectively it's a very tiny group.
    The upper section of your post basically says: "Forums only reflect a minority"

The bottom section says: "They are objectively only a tiny group because only a few people offer that opinion".

Choose one, forums only reflect the opinion of a minority or they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    "New things are bad, only use this ONE FUCKING GAME as backstory, all other sources are wrong."
    I've never understood how people automatically jump from reading "I don't like this change" to "I don't like any change".

Because something is new doesn't make it good, neither is it automatically bad, you're allowed to dislike new things as long as you don't like anything that is new.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-03-18 at 12:40 PM.

So basically “I don’t like it so I don’t want anyone to have it.” It sounds like a suuuuper boring way to go about things.

Why would anyone want to play as a furry fox boy or Snake person where you could be playing as a Celtic Dwarf or Savage big Ogre, Cruel heartless Undead Human or Elf, Viking Human, Noble High Elf, Forest Troll, Snow Tauren like Taunka just whatever type of subrace that feels Warcraft that feels like a Fantasy RPG. Not something stupid and pointless like Fox people, Fish people, Snake people, and whatever type of stupid race that doesn't feel like Warcraft. Its bad enough the Alliance already got 2 sad excuse of allied races and kind of feel like the faction pride identity is dead at this point. If Vulpera joins the horde then what's the point in the Allied race system then
    1. People like playing things that you don't like. Shocking I know. I for one would love to be a Sethrak.
    2. If Sethrak/Vulpera are added, they would likely be races, not allied races, unless they're going to allow new races (and not subraces) to be a part of the Allied Race system.
    3. If your only argument for not playing these races is they have no prior existing lore, I better never see you playing a Void Elf or you're a massive hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    So basically “I don’t like it so I don’t want anyone to have it.” It sounds like a suuuuper boring way to go about things.
    If things couldn't exist because one person didn't like it, I don't think the universe would even exist.

It's such a great and childish-like attitude to have towards things.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Pandaren did have a backstory in Warcraft 3 and during Mists.
    And vulpera will during BfA.

I kind of feel that Allied race system isn't exactly what is. Instead of having Subraces that fits well within each race's identity within both the alliance and the horde like Mag'har Orcs, Kul'tiran Humans, Lightforged Draenei, and more. However blizzard seems to be adding in races that doesn't fit with the overall faction identity that is mainly being the Sethrak and Vulpera.

To me Sethrak and Vulpera are two of the most pointless races to have be playable within the World of Warcraft. You can say the same argument with Worgens, Pandarens, and Tauren. But here's the thing those 3 races were already within the Warcraft universe mainly being the Tauren and pandaren that made their first appearance in Warcraft 3 then comes the worgen which also made their appearance in classic/vanilla wow. Each of the 3 races have interesting backstories and even bit of good culture like Tauren/Native Americans, Worgens/British and Pandarens/Asian Culture. But with the likes of Sethrak and Vulpera they just feel out of no where with no backstory, less interesting culture and they feel like they don't fit the overall Warcraft universe.

Why would anyone want to play as a furry fox boy or Snake person where you could be playing as a Celtic Dwarf or Savage big Ogre, Cruel heartless Undead Human or Elf, Viking Human, Noble High Elf, Forest Troll, Snow Tauren like Taunka just whatever type of subrace that feels Warcraft that feels like a Fantasy RPG. Not something stupid and pointless like Fox people, Fish people, Snake people, and whatever type of stupid race that doesn't feel like Warcraft. Its bad enough the Alliance already got 2 sad excuse of allied races and kind of feel like the faction pride identity is dead at this point. If Vulpera joins the horde then what's the point in the Allied race system then

I really hope they don't become playable because if they do then World of Warcraft wouldn't be Warcraft. It'll just be another MMO Game that doesn't have the charm of a Fantasy RPG. If any fantasy race that would feel like Warcraft why not ask to play as a High Elf or a Wildhammer Dwarf, Ogre, Vrykul, Taunka, Dragonmaw, Furbolg, Fullmetal Gnomes, Junker Goblins, Fully Risen Undead, Satyr, whatever race that feels like Warcraft whatever subrace that fits with faction identity. Adding in Snake and Fox races doesn't feel like Warcraft.
    I completely agree with you!! Well said, very well!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And vulpera will during BfA.
    And Void Elves will at one of the very last questlines of Legion.

I swear if OP ever makes a fucking Void Elf after this thread...
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    I just dislike the idea of WoW moving too far away from its original point.
    I understand you need to evolve and move forwards, which includes picking up new stuff.
    But.. The WoW character selection screen will soon look like a god damn zoo.
    At this point it feels like every single new race that is being added to an expansion's story, will also be playable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    And Void Elves will at one of the very last questlines of Legion.

I swear if OP ever makes a fucking Void Elf after this thread...
    I'll be sticking with Blood Elves and hopeful maybe High Elves thank you very much. I much would rather play High Elf and Wildhammer Dwarf than Dark iron or so call Void Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1312 View Post
    I completely agree with you!! Well said, very well!
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Not every new race needs to be playable. This happens every expansion.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Not every new race needs to be playable. This happens every expansion.
    Quit being a baby.

just whatever type of subrace that feels Warcraft that feels like a Fantasy RPG. Not something stupid and pointless like Fox people, Fish people, Snake people, and whatever type of stupid race that doesn't feel like Warcraft.
    Are you new to fantasy? Snake people and fish people have both been fantasy staples pretty much since BEFORE FANTASY WAS EVEN A THING. Like seriously, both of them go back all the way to the days when fantasy was actual mythology, and they've pretty much been a staple of fantasy ever since it was developed. You can find snake and fish people in DnD, in Steve Jackson's early fantasy tabletop rpgs(and later on in GURPS, in both fantasy and horror settings), and pretty much every fantays game that's come since. Snake people and fish people feel JUST as much like Warcraft as any race you mentioned.

Also, you oppose snake and fish people...you realize the naga, a fucking race of aquatic fish/snake people, have been in the game since, well, even before WoW, right? Did you just, I dunno, somehow OVERLOOK them all these years?

Pandaren backstory wasn't it just one dude showing up in WC3? And he was nothing like todays Pandaren, he was more a samurai than a drunk monk. Or am I remembering wrong now? Been years since I played through the Warcraft games..

Oh and your opinion doesn't matter. Don't like Vuplera and Sethrak? Don't play them. THAT is how easy your 'problem' is solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Pandaren backstory wasn't it just one dude showing up in WC3? And he was nothing like todays Pandaren, he was more a samurai than a drunk monk. Or am I remembering wrong now? Been years since I played through the Warcraft games..
    The quest to recruit him during Warcraft 3 was to gather materials for his brew, sounds rather close to the stuff we've done in MoP.

7+ Year Old Account
    the only pointless thing here is this thread.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Tetris Wizard View Post
    Quit being a baby.
    I'm the baby because I'm not moaning that the new furry race isn't playable and pointing out this happens every expansion cycle? Okay.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day