Poll: Sylvanas indirectly killed Varian:

Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Fact or Opinion: Sylvanas indirectly killed Varian

Relative to BfA's plot, it is without a doubt that Anduin misses his father and feels vengeful. Anduin despite being the faction's leader he would not get pulled into war so easily because he found some powerful crystallized blood. He wouldn't assassinate Goblins but rather try for a peaceful negotiation which is his character. He would've never tried to Siege Lordaeron. Greymane must've eventually told him all of the details of how he sacrificed himself and most importantly why: Sylvanas. She had told Varian she'd cover his flank from the ridge along with the rest of the Horde which prompt him to thank her and her wishing him good luck. This point forward if he had lived, the faction war would be over and Sylvanas and Varian would be friends.

However that isn't the case. Seeing Vol'jin suffering from a lethal wound, Baine overwhelmed by Legion forces and Thrall incapacitated, Sylvanas had no choice but to call for immediate retreat causing Varian to do the same as well which led to you know what. Getting to the point one could say Sylvanas caused his death indirectly which could be a fact causing her to be his murderer while another could say Varian scarified himself to save the Alliance but this could be countered since Jaina could've mass teleported everyone away or that Anduin would take over and Jaina, Varian, Genn, Tess and some Alliance soldiers would've died.

Seeing the Broken Shore as the root of the faction war that occurs in BfA if Anduin ever got the chance would he kill Sylvanas to avenge his father? Ask her why did she leave at the Broken Shore which may be the main cause led to Varian's death? What do you think?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Actually it was mudmug who indirectly killed varian. If only our glorious lord graced us with his presence during broken shore things would turn out diffrently.

OT: No she did not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    OK try this! Varian indirectly killed Sylvanas and most of Lordaeron. If he had killed Arthas by mistake in sparring practice, Sylvanas would still be banging Nathanos!

I mean if we are being absurd, let's go all the way!
    Actually varian indirectly killed himself !

Or, you know.. We could blame Jaina for playing stupid politics and not being around to help when major shit went down. She could have easily saved almost everyone.

Varian’s parents indirectly killed Varian by bringing him into the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Actually it was mudmug who indirectly killed varian. If only our glorious lord graced us with his presence during broken shore things would turn out diffrently.
    If only we payed our respect to almighty Mudmug with that barrel running world quest sooner!

Graymane also indirectly killed varian because he let him go.
    Vol,jin indirectly killed varian because his fatal wound also distracted sylvanas.

We could go on with who was indirectly responsible for his death.

The truth is he was unlucky (and blizzard wanted to kill him off the story). Sylvanas had to make a choice between her allies and the alliance, with whom they had a temporary truce after years of war. Guess who she chose to aid. I would have done the same if i was in her place
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-03-18 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Varian’s parents indirectly killed Varian by bringing him into the world.
    Give this man a cookie!

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Relative to BfA's plot, it is without a doubt that Anduin misses his father and feels vengeful. What do you think?
    I think it is without doubt that Genn feels vengeful over Varian's death, because Genn - with good cause, based on his own experiences - is always ready to believe the worst of Sylvanas. Anduin was not beating the drums of war even after the events of Broken Shore. If you remember the scene in the throne room, Anduin sided with Velen at that time. Anduin and Sylvanas both visibly react when they first handle Azerite ("shiny on the surface, but shadows beneath"), almost like one of Tolkien's rings. But as far as I know, Anduin does not go after Sylvanas directly until after Teldrassil burns.

We don't know all the details on early stages of the war, so there may be some stages in the escalation we are missing.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Hmm. I didn't know this was even a debate. Nothing indirect about it. She set him up and left him there to die and he died. Her plans worked out well for her.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did she? Nah not really. She's a selfish bitch and left the Alliance to die. I mean if she'd gone in, the Horde would have died too with her. That's her character though 100%. I don't even think she took any joy in it and I always headcanon she had one last look as she left to remember that time long ago when she was mortal and died with honour herself. She's been there and done that.

Should Genn blame her? Absolutely. He's lost enough to her and her people.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Its neither face nor opinion that she was indirectly responsible for his death.

She flat out was not responsible at all. Alliance intelligence is most responsible.

And as it was pointed out, Jaina could have just teleported them all but chose not to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Did she? Nah not really. She's a selfish bitch and left the Alliance to die. I mean if she'd gone in, the Horde would have died too with her. That's her character though 100%. I don't even think she took any joy in it and I always headcanon she had one last look as she left to remember that time long ago when she was mortal and died with honour herself. She's been there and done that.

Should Genn blame her? Absolutely. He's lost enough to her and her people.
    You're going through this with the assumption that the Horde could have saved Varian, which it could not have.

Thats not selfish, thats just her not being a retard.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Drinking water indirectly kills people.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Graymare also indirectly killed varian because he let him go.
    Vol,jin indirectly killed varian because his fatal wound also distracted sylvanas.

We could go on with who was indirectly responsible for his death.

The truth is he was unlucky (and blizzard wanted to kill him off the story). Sylvanas had to make a choice between her allies and the alliance, with whom they had a temporary truce after years of war. Guess who she chose to aid. I would have done the same if i was in her place
    She didn't even have to choose. The alliance knows what the horn is for and could hear it (they find such horn in ashenvale and use it to get the horde to retreat). If you're at the alliance area you also see the Legion ships warp in and attack horde areas. Only people like Genn who would continue to want to murder Sylvanas even if she ressurected Liam (Healthy human not undead), Saved the life of Tess and restored all of Gilneas in front of him still think somehow she had some other choice other than signal a retreat for both sides.

Varian stayed back himself and fought on, I doubt Sylvanas manipulated his mind into staying to begin with.

That being said, I consider that particular detail as far too silly to trigger a war when the burning of a tree city escalates the flames of war, no pun intended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Drinking water indirectly kills people.
    By keeping them alive so they may die some day?

Most don't know this (hush-hush), but I have it on good authority from a drunken SI-7 agent that Varian and Sylvanas had a thing going for years, ever since he stole some of her necrotic panties during that raid on Undercity. Who knew he had a fetish?

So anyway, yeah she set him up, but he was in on the plan. The idea was for him to have an epic death scene, and then she'd rez him later to live secretly with her beneath Lordaeron. Neither forsaw that whole fel disintegration thing.

That's the real reason Sylvanas was dealing with Hel'ya, of course. Like us, she was looking for a soul without a body. Nathanos was in line for another upgrade.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Most don't know this (hush-hush), but I have it on good authority from a drunken SI-7 agent that Varian and Sylvanas had a thing going for years, ever since he stole some of her necrotic panties during that raid on Undercity. Who knew he had a fetish?

So anyway, yeah she set him up, but he was in on the plan. The idea was for him to have an epic death scene, and then she'd rez him later to live secretly with her beneath Lordaeron. Neither forsaw that whole fel disintegration thing.

That's the real reason Sylvanas was dealing with Hel'ya, of course. Like us, she was looking for a soul without a body. Nathanos was in line for another upgrade.
    Let's go with that. Better writing than what we've been putting up with for years

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply your opinion. The fact is that IF the Horde were to stay in that position, being flanked by the demons, they would suffer a lot more casualties. Their warchief was already down and a big percentage of their troops were also down. With the vast numbers Legion had to attack the Horde, she made the right choice. Remember, her responsibility was the survival of herself and the Horde, just like Varians' was his and his troops. Since Sylvanas HAD to retreat to save her troops, Varian found the only plausible solution to save his own. Stay and give them a couple minutes. Another fact is that a lot of Alliance players want to find every tiny bit of reasoning to hate the Horde (or as the current trend has, Sylvanas). They tend to forget how to use logic when it comes to the Alliance vs Horde bullshit. PS. Same thing goes to a number of Horde players.

- - - Updated - - -

PS. 2 Greymane is extremely biased against Sylvanas (for a good reason). He is going to manipulate Anduin (he already is IMO) to attack the Horde and more specifically, her. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one that destroyed Darnassus.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone indirectly got anyone else killed on the broken shore, it was Tirion for being an idiot and marching into a demonic war zone with only the argent crusade at his back instead of waiting for the combined armies of the horde and alliance. He killed himself and oh so many other members of his order by charging in blinding instead of scouting out an enemy force(granted blizz just did this so paladin's could have the ashbringer tho).

Each side lost a lot of people, most were no-named npcs, but they both lost a leader due to the overwhelming power that was the legion's forces. Horde had huge waves of demons, and alliance had a giant mash up of every demon we've fought before, no way both sides would walk out unscathed.