10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I would not consider BlizzCon statements or the official site as relevant since I’m pretty sure that if they had known they were going to add Mag’har and Kul Tirans they would’ve announced them at BlizzCon.
    lol do you really believe that the decision to implement those races was a recent idea?
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-03-18 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Why would they NOT advertise them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it'll be post-launch content?

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Why would they NOT advertise them?
    So they can advertise them later.

I could bet my left nut that people are expecting the allied races alot sooner than they will be. Getting kul tirans same time with zandalari makes more sense than other combinations. My guess is that maghar and dark iron will come before the first raid tier. It has most likely something to do with war machinery. Both factions are known for producing war machines.

For kultirans and zandalari we will get them after the we have gone through the full campaign where horde invades kul tiras and alliance zandalari. My guess would be that horde messes up kil tiras and alliance zandalar so both factions have reason to join the other faction. I dont think the campaign will be only one big chain before first raid tier. I would guess its something like pandarian campaign, all the way to final raid tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I could bet my left nut that people are expecting the allied races alot sooner than they will be. Getting kul tirans same time with zandalari makes more sense than other combinations. My guess is that maghar and dark iron will come before the first raid tier. It has most likely something to do with war machinery. Both factions are known for producing war machines.

For kultirans and zandalari we will get them after the we have gone through the full campaign where horde invades kul tiras and alliance zandalari. My guess would be that horde messes up kil tiras and alliance zandalar so both factions have reason to join the other faction. I dont think the campaign will be only one big chain before first raid tier. I would guess its something like pandarian campaign, all the way to final raid tier.
    It doesn't make more sense though, the only connection so far is that the Alliance is just questing in their zones. Why would the Humans become available with the first wave of allied races when their story is probably going to unravel more with Azshara in the second raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Because it'll be post-launch content?
    Except that Kul Tirans and Zandalari are very likely to be released together. Since they were both mentioned as the goal of the first chapter of BFA. Getting them to both formally join us.
    Last edited by Ningjinq; 2018-03-18 at 10:05 PM.

It doesn't make more sense though, the only connection so far is that the Alliance is just questing in their zones. Why would the Humans become available with the first wave of allied races when their story is probably going to unravel more with Azshara in the second raid?
    The trolls are much more connected to Azshara through Zul, who works with her. Ashvane is the main antagonist but is not on speaking terms with her, instead serving her as a mook. In what way would the Kul Tirans be connected moreso with her?

Interestingly enough, of the 2 zones opened on each side so far, the Horde and the Zandalari actually have more direct Azshara and Naga content

Alliance will have a lot in Stormsong Valley I assume but there’s not a lot tying the Kul Tirans joining the Alliance with Azshara. End of Tiragarde Sound definitely puts most of Kul Tiras in our favor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean the reasonable thing is for Zandalari and Kul'Tirans to be available at launch, unlocked by completing the loremaster achievements for their respective continents and maybe reaching exalted with one or two of the factions there. Then I'd expect Mag'har and Dark Irons to be linked to a campaign storyline at a patch, maybe 8.1, maybe later.
    Personally I think it’d be more likely the other way around. That Q&A did not make it seem like it’d be quick to unlock DIDs and Zadnalari. And trying to fit in DID and Mag’har in the middle of BFA’s story would feel very forced.

I mean the reasonable thing is for Zandalari and Kul'Tirans to be available at launch, unlocked by completing the loremaster achievements for their respective continents and maybe reaching exalted with one or two of the factions there. Then I'd expect Mag'har and Dark Irons to be linked to a campaign storyline at a patch, maybe 8.1, maybe later.
    Loremasters and such are pretty artificial barriers compared to nightborne and void elfs for example. It took whole expansion to get the required story why those factions joined alliance and horde. Just because we did some quests in the zone dont really give zandalari enough reason to fight against the alliance.

I'm 100% sure people will bitch and whine in the forums when they are not released early enough.

Nah I meant maghar and DI come first and then zandalari and kultirans before the final tier when the campaign has gone long enough.

I HIGHLY doubt it’ll be last tier. Wouldn’t be shocked if it’s 8.1 though.

I mean, if it requires exalted with two or even three factions, it will take a fair bit to become available.

I wonder who recruits the Mag'har. I cannot see Saurfang recruiting them to serve under Sylvanas and I am not sure Thrall would do so either.
    I feel like maghar and DI are not going to have as much storyline behind them as kultirans and zandalar. Just like highmountain and lightforged story wasn't anything massive. So my guess is goblins. "I have a deal for you".

Well to be fair, having to recruit DIDs is a bit of a stretch too.

I don’t think it’d be a stretch actually that the AU Draenei and Orcs start fighting again independently of the Alliance and Horde and then we both come to each other’s respective side’s help.

Well, idk if in-game Shadowforge City is actually updated to Cata. I think it’s still stuck in Vanilla. And the Thorium Brotherhood worked a lot with the Alliance in WoD.

My guess is they are going to have to make up new Dark Iron characters.

It depends. I think it's possible we see Dark Iron recruitment tied to the pre expansion release event. Sure we know that siege of lordearon is the "Battle of the broken shore" of the expanions. But we did have a demon invasion and some other stuff before the expansion.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Why do we even care which race comes first ?

what a pointless argument oo

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    With timegating here I think my best example would be Throne of Thunder. You had the weekly cap of Valor that could get your a piece of gear every other week if you kept up with the rep grind doing LFR. You could be a blacksmith and keep crafting ingots to get a fairly solid crafted weapon. You'd keep doing LFR for a while to get progress on your legendary quest. Every part was rewarding and every part was clearly a timegate but imo it was the best reward system the game ever had.

And I'd really stress it, I'd love for crafting to actually be useful. Bring some of the Monster Hunter fantasy by having crafted gear that requires drops from dungeon and raid bosses (that can still drop from LFR at a reduced rate) or even from pvp strongboxes. Tie it up with a reagent that is crafted on cooldown. Don't make it too easy; there was nothing wrong imo with having to find an Old God altar beneath Icecrown to make a shadow cloth once every three days. Do it with a world quest that is up every three days (like the free key in Broken Shore) so people don't feel forced to do it ASAP (it should be inconvenient in game not inconvenient out of the game).
    Crafting professions will never be useful again with Titanforging except maybe the start of the expansion, but usually they'll cost too much for the average player to give a damn about crafting/purchasing on the AH.

The time of meaningful progression paths is gone. It's all about the endless treadmill because we gotta exploit the 1% of addicts like the alcohol industry, seeing that's so morally correct

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't disagree the Broken Shore was underwhelming as a *campaign*. I can guess why that is but regardless of why, it still deserved better.
    Could've had some amazing progression shit like unlocking new parts like IoT, secret expeditions into the tomb, routing out demon incursions throughout the island and maybe some proper development for KJ, seeing as he hadn't had any since BC but butchering him in a midtier was fine because reasons.

Indeed, why would people who would love to main e.g. a Zandalari druid care when that will be available. Why indeed?

- - - Updated - - -

This has nothing to do with the argument and my post.

Most of the back and forth for the past pages are between people saying "zandalari and DI comes first " and then you have people going "NO IT MAKES NO SENSE; ITS KUL TIRAN AND ZANDALARI FIRST !!!!" so on, so on.

It's known that Zandalari will come first not at launch but sometimes later (aka mostly 8.0.5 or 8.1) and that you'll be able to complete the prerequisite as soon as bfa launches.

Homophobia is so gay.

They won't release KT and Zandalaris on launch, they'll stagger them for when the first raid is several weeks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    This has nothing to do with the argument and my post.

Most of the back and forth for the past pages are between people saying "zandalari and DI comes first " and then you have people going "NO IT MAKES NO SENSE; ITS KUL TIRAN AND ZANDALARI FIRST !!!!" so on, so on.

It's known that Zandalari will come first not at launch but sometimes later (aka mostly 8.0.5 or 8.1) and that you'll be able to complete the prerequisite as soon as bfa launches.
    Maybe because the allied races are supposedly tied to the storyline, we know why zandalari and kultirans will join but no idea why maghar and DI come in. But this thread is mostly just speculation about BfA.