Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    The opposite to this however...

Good luck finding a chubby guy dating a fit babe.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    When you think about it, men have to do way more to be physically attractive than women.

Women can just diet/eat healthy to be attractive.
    Men have to do the same + work out to get a muscular physique.
    Oof...your pre-conceptions are showing.

Sorry, but "attractive" is just too subjective. Let me tell you, a woman who works out and hits that sweet spot of being athletic and strong without overdoing it takes a hell of a lot of work. A physically toned body on a woman is maddeningly attractive.

But here's the thing: It's not the ONLY way to be attractive. There are just as many women(and men for that matter) that don't really do ANYTHING out of the ordinary, and yet still manage to be knockouts. Hell, I work in a warehouse, and there's women there who show up in sweat-pants and a ponytail, and zero makeup that I find more attractive than many movie-stars.

But to get back to the OP's article, I can sum it up with this: Different people like different things. Find someone who likes who you actually are, not who you think you should be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post

That's because in a good relationship where they go the distance, one will inevitably corrupt the other. Either the chubby guy will get fit due to the influence of his girl, or she'll break down and start gaining bad habits that he facilitates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    So since this is all about looks I won't pretend this is about anything else. She has a perfectly fine body. Wifebod. Far from being "unhealthy".
    Now stop promoting her damn instagram.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

This is the trouble with society of today, They expect evedry woman to be the size of a stick, Normal women are normal sized...

Who cares what size they are, if a woman has a good heart and a nice personality then that should be all that matters..

Who wants to bang a bag of bones, when someone with a bit of meat on them will give you more pleasure.

Maybe those are extra-flattering photos of her, but she looks very attractive to me. I'm trying to imagine how a bisexual person would rate him and her, and I wouldn't be surprised if she was considered "more attractive" than him. (But I'm a straight male, so of course I'd find her hotter than him.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilarion View Post
    I was expecting an actual fat woman...
    My exact thought. I was expecting someone that's like 300lbs. when I saw the pic I was like what's this bitch crying about? Geez she must be a nut job.

Checked out her IG, IMHO, she's fat, not curvy, and def not normal. Maybe if you live in a society where the average person is overweight, then she might look like a woman w/ curvy body.

It's funny how many people here no longer consider fat or overweight as legit descriptions of someone's body, now you're either normal or obese, a.k.a. land whale, there's nothing in between.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    My exact thought. I was expecting someone that's like 300lbs. when I saw the pic I was like what's this bitch crying about? Geez she must be a nut job.
    If she's 300lb+, she'd be obese and not just fat at that point.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-03-19 at 11:59 AM.

This isn't about being fat, ugly, curvy or not. This is about someone having doubts about a person being with someone they project as outstandingly beautiful. It's about the doubts.

I'm a at least half as muscular as the "Mr. Six-Pack", good looking and charming (according to others (including my mom, yes)) but I still doubt my self. I doubt that someone I think is beautiful would actually want to be with me. If you never doubt things about you then I applaud you but please don't be ignorant enough to think that's how everyone are.

The doubt is so very crippling and super destructive. Not only do I feel like shit and fill my brain with self-doubt, it also makes me incapable of action. I become passive, unsure of what to do. Thinking that whatever I do, however I act will scare the beautiful away and I in self defence I don't do anything, hoping it'll be enough to keep them interested a little longer. It's obvious that they'll quickly lose interest and leave me thinking about what I did wrong or that I didn't do anything.

It's a good thing some people talk about this since it's very important!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post

Theres plenty of chubby guys with fit babes . They also have chubby bank accounts but that might be unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Theres plenty of chubby guys with fit babes . They also have chubby bank accounts but that might be unrelated.
    Hehe, there's one fit girl in my gym, she competes in body fitness, who dates a fat dude.

But she legit likes fat guys, and not fat and strong type of guys, but just fat w/ thin arms and legs, she's really picky. It kinda infuriates many guys in the gym

Deleted
    This:
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I think body positive stuff is rather dumb and it encourages unhealthy living. These days the body positive 'movement' seems to predominantly be successful overweight people (mostly women) convincing genuinely unhealthy morbidly obese people (mostly women) to remain morbidly obese. And not only that, but to attack anyone who would argue otherwise, regardless of their medical credentials...
    and this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Attention whoring. That's all there is to this.

Social media is a crime against humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    What do you guys think of this situation?
    There are reasons people like each other beyond the physical.

Maybe he's a mature adult and enjoys her company.

Or, maybe he just likes "curvy". That's a thing.

Or, consider that he's insecure himself and finally found someone who likes him.

The realm of coupling up can reach deep. But ultimately, if it's working, and everyone is happy, keep it going.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I saw this post on Yahoo! and it hit home with me. I have struggled with my weight all of my adult life. The majority of the guys I have dated have been just like this lady's husband (handsome & well toned). I too have given in to these self doubt stories I've told myself when I would think about why he was with me when he was so good looking. Many times I would sabotage my own relationships with these self doubts without even knowing it. I have since come to accept who I am and accept that someone else can love me for how I look.

What do you guys think of this situation?
    I think she's fat and looking for validation. She should loose 15 - 20kg's to be at her ideal weight. Older she gets fatter she'll be, which will bring all kinds of health issues. People who are supporting this are causing damage and giving false hope to people like her. She needs reality check and some tough love.

As for the dude, he probably has a fetish or maybe he is a feeder just waiting for her to plump up to the proper size so he can unleash his devious plan.