Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Looking forward to Trump congratulating him and warmly praising his policy of locking up his political opponents.
    "Lock her up!" seemed to work with Americans quite well too.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I wonder why they even bother holding elections no one takes it seriously may as well say he won with 100% of the vote and leave the poor people of Russia alone.
    Shalcker et al require material to work with though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    "Lock her up!" seemed to work with Americans quite well too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Ok, I shall clarify. You said that Putin wouldn't be the best choice for Russia. However, the alternatives, including the much-cherished-in-the-west Navalny, hold the same position about Crimea and Ukraine as Putin does.
    This is another BS.

Navalny's position on Crimea and Ukraine is *vastly* different from Putin's:

1. Putin holds current Ukraine hostage to a war in the two North-East regions, Navalny would stop this immediately (and yes, stop all the "totally not Russian military" folks going to have "vacations" in those regions of the Ukraine).

2. Putin considers Crimea a done deal, Navalny openly says this is NOT a done deal. The only other thing he says about Crimea is that *since people there already had their lives / laws restarted, doing this the second time in a row without asking them is bad, their interests should be taken into view*. If Putin did NOT take Crimea by force, we wouldn't have been talking about this, it's the simple notion that you should avoid trading lands with people around without their opinion.

Putin's and Navalny's positions on Ukraine / Crimea are completely different.

Deleted
    I just wonder why they even try to make it look like a democracy instead of just being honest about it (like in the USSR times).

Everyone already knows, I doubt there is even 1 person in Russia or in the rest of the world that even believes this facade.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I just wonder why they even try to make it look like a democracy instead of just being honest about it (like in the USSR times).

Everyone already knows, I doubt there is even 1 person in Russia or in the rest of the world that even believes this facade.
    They are doing it to try and keep things calmer than they otherwise would have been.

State propaganda makes some people in Russia believe that it's the same all over the world - the government in all countries is corrupt, elections change little, etc. Propaganda is a powerful tool, as you know.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-03-19 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

They are trying to sell to their population the illusion that this is how it works in every other country with elections, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    His GPS is probably off by only a few meters.
    Pretty sure he uses GLONASS.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many Russian election workers does it take to stuff ballots? 8 to stuff... and 1 to hold the balloons...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    If you love an authoritarian oligarch sure, lol

First time I see a Finn who likes Russia.
    We still have a bunch of russia fans over here. Either left-over communists, or weirdos who think finland would "prosper" as a part of russia. They either have forgotten, or refuse to remember, that it was tried and did not work out.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

option 1.. Putin..

option 2.. Putin..

option 3.. execution..

option 4 Putin..

option 5 execution..

Decisions decisions..

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    People are allowed to love an "authoritarian oligarch", if they want.
    I'm not exactly a fan of Russia; I just don't have irrational fear towards Russia, either.
    You wrote that wrong. People HAVE to love an authoritan oligarch, whether they actually like him or not. Because, hating on him often ends up being fatal.

And calling a dislike of russia or putin an "irrational fear" is pretty much what russiabots like to twist anything negative into. Well, that or "russophobia" and you managed to tick both boxes already.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    option 1.. Putin..

option 2.. Putin..

option 3.. execution..

option 4 Putin..

option 5 execution..

Decisions decisions..
    Yup.

And then: but you yourself elected him, you had other options so you only have yourself to blame.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, below is the ballot.

I urge anyone who doesn't read Russian to try and guess which item is for Putin. You will succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    option 1.. Putin..

option 2.. Putin..

option 3.. execution..

option 4 Putin..

option 5 execution..

Decisions decisions..
    You can vote against him, as long as it's minor enough % of people doing it. After that it's the execution choice. Not really relevant distinction, but minor one anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yup.

And then: but you yourself elected him, you had other options so you only have yourself to blame.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, below is the ballot.

I urge anyone who doesn't read Russian to try and guess which item is for Putin. You will succeed.
    The 4th one, where there's almost no text, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I am not sure why have they even bothered, I am pretty sure if they had to they'd release any numbers they see fit and nobody would be the wiser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    We still have a bunch of russia fans over here. Either left-over communists, or weirdos who think finland would "prosper" as a part of russia. They either have forgotten, or refuse to remember, that it was tried and did not work out.
    Yeah, and we can see this prosperity in Karelia. Land stolen by USSR that we don't really even want anymore. Would be very expensive to modernize.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    They are trying to sell to their population the illusion that this is how it works in every other country with elections, too.
    Basically this. He's normalizing the idea that democracies don't work, something that he's been working on at a global scale as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You can cut the bullshit, we got enough evidence the Russian army in Ukraine was involved. Only Wilders voters buy that sort of shit here.
    Russia is the most disliked country among non-Wilders voters here for a reason.
    You ain't got shit, u make claims out of thin air.

- - - Updated - - -

You realize these are all fake?

Wow after seeing all the shit I am actually proud of myself. At least we fought so hard that erdogan had to order electoral committe to change the election ruless and pull a 2 million illegal votes out of thin air before the counting finished. at least i have seen the fear on erdogans face on stage before he pulled that 2 million votes. thus won by 48.6 to 51.4 . otherwise he lost it although he controlled all the media and money.
    people who voted "no" did it by themselves. from their own pockets.

that picture with food on table on previous page is just sad. wtf people.