Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    This, folks, is how you provide a realistic, honest opinion, and I can totally understand it.

That said, I disagree that it ruins future creativity. Except for draenei and the various demonic races, we don't really have alien physiology in WoW. Everything is either based on the titan designs (humanish creatures like gnomes, and dwarves) or animals (furbolgs, tortollan, tuskar, etc). Within that context, races that spawn based on the ancients make sense. They could introduce races like the Aldrachi, but we would get just as many "no more space races in my fantasy" complainers as we have animal-race haters.

All told, the fantasy and a seed exists for them to go in several directions as time wears on. Maybe one day we'll get another "alien" race. I, for one, think it would be cool.
    I'm not saying it ruins creativity, just when something is easier to make as a race and receives just as much enthusiasm as approaching a new design concept, you can be certain how more often the former will appear. Does that mean Blizz lost it? No, but I don't see them getting inspired to make something we're not already accustomed to a pattern of.

And when I say alien, I don't mean just space-inspired planet hoppers. It's a design philosophy, they can make some Azerothian and still be something we never expected to see. Of course, cosmos inspiration may play a role regardless, cause it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    Like this?
    [IMG]snip[/IMG]
    Yes please. Miqo'te or Au Ra's

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Goblins at least have properly functioning models. Worgen females have elbows that bend 90 degrees backwards!
    It is kinda weird that goblin & worgen are getting updated this xpac, but it's later on in the schedule.
    Its sad that worgen are STILL in the state they are in. #chihuahualivesmatter. But seriously, they both got shafted.
    Horde always.

I'm actually really excited about this. I hope they become a neutral race but even if they don't I know I will definitely make one.

umm....how old are you people? This is a game where i can run around as a cow or panda in a slutmog. Why are you bitching about this now? I'm honestly happy you people are leaving, because i didn't know people could be this stupid.

What the hell has happened to wow lol, these are races now?

I like how something so small as anthropomorphic foxes can cause people to act like irrational children. It's really quite funny

the hate is probably alot less than the praise

Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    This... Is so fucking dumb..
    Yeaaa can't i just keep playing my elf!! or cow man!!

Vulpera for Horde!
    Sethrak for Alliance!

Give us sand puppers and danger noodles!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pass on that shit. I really hope this shit doesn't get put in. At least Worgen were in the lore and made sense. Vulpera have NEVER been in the lore.

If they're put in I REALLY hope its as an alliance race. The horde is cutesy enough as it is with Blood Elves. We don't need this shit. This is why I say vanilla horde, best horde. Orcs, Trolls, Undead, and Tauren. Now that's my kind of horde.

It saddens me. There's so many other allied races we've wanted for years like Ogres or Vrykul.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    the hate is probably alot less than the praise
    Don't think so Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Pass on that shit. I really hope this shit doesn't get put in. At least Worgen were in the lore and made sense. Vulpera have NEVER been in the lore.

If they're put in I REALLY hope its as an alliance race. The horde is cutesy enough as it is with Blood Elves. We don't need this shit. This is why I say vanilla horde, best horde. Orcs, Trolls, Undead, and Tauren. Now that's my kind of horde.

It saddens me. There's so many other allied races we've wanted for years like Ogres or Vrykul.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't think so Tim.
    What's wrong with new stories? I don't know if you've been paying attention but we've exhausted almost all the established baddies. The game needs fresh stories.

Wait, they're short and furry? That's everything players hate in races. Wait, they're going to be Horde? Carry on, Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    What the hell has happened to wow lol, these are races now?
    How... How long have you been playing WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    So with the alliance getting fox furries (the worst kind) what will the horde get in its place?
    I'm still expecting ogres and saberon to join the Horde.

I'm also still desperately hoping that vulpera are NOT an allied race. I'd rather see them get arrakoa and ethereals.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    What's wrong with new stories? I don't know if you've been paying attention but we've exhausted almost all the established baddies. The game needs fresh stories.
    Nothing is wrong with new stories. I love new stories. I don't like Vulpera though. And there's plenty of much wanted older races they could add. People have been asking for Ogres, Ethereal, and others for so long now. Not too many asked for a new furry race though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I think you didn't read the post carefully:

The Vulpera are a race of fox people that live in Vol'dun on Zandalar.

They are going Horde, not Alliance.
    .... oh god help us all.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Imagine being so petty and spoiled that you throw a fit when someone introduces an optional customization option you don't like?

Man that would be insane...

OT: I like them, I still want Tuskarr and Arakkoa though

pass on the furry goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    I'm not saying it ruins creativity, just when something is easier to make as a race and receives just as much enthusiasm as approaching a new design concept, you can be certain how more often the former will appear. Does that mean Blizz lost it? No, but I don't see them getting inspired to make something we're not already accustomed to a pattern of.

And when I say alien, I don't mean just space-inspired planet hoppers. It's a design philosophy, they can make some Azerothian and still be something we never expected to see. Of course, cosmos inspiration may play a role regardless, cause it helps.
    Call me optimistic, but there's more than one reason I'll absolutely love it if these guys become an Allied race. Of course, I just like them. I have no problems with cute. (Something about playing an adorable creature who slaughters and maims is quite amusing to me.) That aside, it means Blizzard is going to keep experimenting. This is just the beginning of Allied Races, I hope. If they can make something like this from just the silly Goblin rig, then who knows how far they can take it! I don't want them to hold back because they have to worry about whether or not something is easily accepted. We can get through this part, where they are writing a story for this race and introducing us to them, so that we can encourage them to keep going. Maybe they will start going outside the box of animals and basic ideas to really creating their own races from scratch without any other influences.

Edit: Wanted to add this in too. For those going on about older races they could do over this... why not both? If Allied races make things go faster for the team, give them time to do more. They can add old and new. We are getting Zandalari Trolls, Dark Iron Dwarves, and Mag'har Orcs. That's three old races. So far, Kul'tirans are the only new race confirmed. If Vulpera get confirmed, that's only two. New and old keeps it refreshing!
    Last edited by gummiebear007; 2018-03-19 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Wanted to add more.