Thread: Socks problems.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Socks problems.

Strange topic?

Is it just me, or has all the companies who make socks lost their minds?

In the last few years, or so, socks have been an easy purchase through whatever company you prefer. Now when buying socks, it is almost impossible to find medium thickness sock that last longer than a week, or two. A lot of brands including Hanes, fruit of the loom, Dickies, Carhartt and so on, make ultra-thin socks that last a week, or two tops.

Do any of you like a thicker sock? If so, what brand do you buy? (not heavy wool socks either)

I do a lot of walking, the added cushion and sweat absorption is needed.

Thanks in advance.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Have you considered wearing different socks on different days, that way, a single pair will last you a long time? Don't these packs come in like, groups of 6-12?

Deleted
    Maybe it's problem with your boots, not socks? Are they are soft enough inside so they don't tear socks?

I agree with OP, so hard to get quality socks anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    You, low-end scrubs are too low of a paygrade to see this...

Ok, let me enlighten you: OBVIOUSLY, companies want you buying socks.
    Can you follow me so far?

Good.

Nanotechnology is still experimental, but it promises GREAT potential:
    It really CAN make your LEFT sock disappear.

I APPLAUD to the capitalism to be able to make such a device
    It stimulates the economy, and CREATES new workplace.

PS: Satire ends here:

5+ Year Old Account
    i use thin socks, would get too warm feet if i had thick

The biggest issue I have with my socks is my cat running off with them.

$10 a month can get you new socks. I get new ones every 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Do any of you like a thicker sock? If so, what brand do you buy? (not heavy wool socks either)
    First, I know your struggle. I prefer thinner socks, as my feet swell up during the day (on my feet the entire time).

Second, I understand your preference. I can find thicker socks at Target, or at Dick's.

Good luck.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It's a problem with clothing in general nowadays. I read something awhile ago about textiles industry issues. If I can find that article I'll link it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN15S2LF
    https://sourcingjournalonline.com/fi...creased-costs/

Relevant.
    I was gonna say this. I swear every year fabric gets thinner and thinner.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Nike is pretty good and pretty cheap. Haven't had issues. Threw out a few socks that are several years old.

Socks lasting a week or two? WTF?

Mine last years...

Wear your socks over your shoes. At the rate your socks are wearing out, you'll still be buying socks every week, but this will at least save you money by making your shoes last longer.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    I buy the same color, style, brand in the 6-10 packs. I have a drawer half full of underwear, and half full of socks. If one sock gets a hole, I can reach in, grab a random sock, and it'll match the one I already have. Between the cats, the dryer, and having very wide feet, socks disappear/die with frightening regularity. I pick up a few packs when on sale at Target, if I start getting low I open a pack, wash, dump them in.

I use Champion brand. They have nice undies too.
    Last edited by Poopymonster; 2018-03-20 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Adding brand of choice
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

It seems like when I was a kid socks lasted forever along with anything else, I could go years without needing new anything in a lot of cases. These days stuff just wears out so quickly it's absurd, so yes I've noticed it.

With "walmart" socks I usually only wear them 3-4 times before they get tossed. Of course I have almost a whole draw of them so that might be 4-5 months before that actually happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Socks lasting a week or two? WTF?

Mine last years...
    I know right, my socks last me at least a year a pair at the least. I think I still have socks from high school and that was a decade ago.

I bought an 8-pack of Medipad Diabetes socks off Amazon for $26. They're holding up quite well. They're thin but pretty comfortable.

I also bought some thicker socks from Canadian Tire. 2 Pair for $10, don't remember the brand. They've so far lasted two winters without getting holes in them. Much better than the cheep wool socks from Wal Mart.

I have some medium thickness under armour socks that have lasted about two years with no holes in any of them. I work out, I'm on my feet 10+ hours a day (walking/moving) and I'm 250lbs and they've held up through it all, through various shoes too.