Poll: How do you feel about playable vulpera?

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I liked them when I saw them in their npc armor but then I looked at them in the dressing room and really felt off put by how they look in player armor. That said, it they were to get druid or shaman as a playable class I would be interested in seeing their totems and/or druid forms. Otherwise maybe make a rogue and do a Puss'n'Boots mog (yes I know foxes aren't felines).

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Pretty much this. It's not the furry thing or even the cute thing (though that's a negative to me... things shouldnt be added just because 'omg CUTE'). It's that they have zero grounding in the WoW world and if added it's pretty much a move to cater to the cuteness brigade. Adding existing animal races? Sure because they have grounding in WoW. Dreaming up stuff and adding them... eh.
    "brand new race with new lore" - not cool

"retconning the origins of the most powerful being in the universe, the origins of the most evil beings in the cosmos, and multiple other characters and the entire orcish homeworld so you have have blue demon bois" - just fine

'dreaming up stuff and adding them' is literally how everything everywhere was made, chris metzen didnt come out of the womb holding stone slabs with a prophecy of thralls birth
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    The game is evolving, the NPCs races are being more carefully designed, thats it. They could still make a future race (like Goblins), but not now. Read the blue post, its all there.
    You can't compare old and new content. Everything keeps being updated/polished as the game grows older, its normal, its adaptation. We're in 2018, people expect more creativity.

If you do need an example:

Vrykul
    Nightfallen
    Felblood Elves

All these 3 races just from the top of my head, have possible armor customization, unique race model, male/female models, yet, they are NPCs...

Need more to convince you?
    That blue post is old. Just thought I might mention that.

New races do not really intrest me. They do not bother me though.
    Maybe I'd rather they spent time and energy on something else but the same can be said for any of the allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I'm not sure these forums are the best place for you to reveal yourself in this way. Mind you, I'm assuming you are just jumping in to tell everybody a little more about yourself and not grossly using a negative label for a disabled class of people to relate your opinion on a fantasy race, but I have been wrong before.
    A wee bit offended are ye?
    What I said has no obvious reflection to my mental capability or faculty, but I appreciate the subtle insult of you calling me a retard. However, the Vulpera are 100% fucking retarded, as is the clown(s) who decided they should be a playable race. For every dope design decision Blizzard makes, they make two equally retarded decisions.

Indeed, squire, I feel the Vulpera truly belong to a class of mentally challenged, low mental faculty invalid disabled.

Fight me.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    No, in actuality, they're not. In actuality, Blizzard has already stated that we shouldn't take the data mined information about the Vulpera as an indicator of them becoming playable..
    blizzard also said that about allied races being a pre order bonus
    they said mists of pandaria was a mobile game
    they said the worgen and goblin masks were just random additions to hallows end
    they said the northrend tree was just a placeholder name

we can never ever, EVER take what blizzard says about datamined information as honesty.

they could be telling the truth, they could be fucking lying.

the only thing we can do in regards to vulpera is look at whats been datamined and guess. the fact that theyre the only npc models with this level of customization not confirmed to be an allied race, have full armor capabilities, have multiple genders, and all animations points to them being highly likely to be playable.

theres still a chance theyre not, but just because blizzard makes some sort of non statement to try to quell hype using non distinct terms doesnt mean they ARENT going to be playable either.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I think playable Arakkoa, Qiraj, Furbolg, Quilboar, Murloc, Naga, Tuskarr, Ogre, half-ogre, Magnataur, Nerubian or Vrykul would be more interesting.

really don't care. Must admit. If someone showed me a pic of them and asked me to guess which game. I would have said wildstar. Don't fit wow what so ever. But at the end of the day. Really don't give a shit. My rogue is always going to be orc. Especially now with straight backs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    "brand new race with new lore" - not cool

"retconning the origins of the most powerful being in the universe, the origins of the most evil beings in the cosmos, and multiple other characters and the entire orcish homeworld so you have have blue demon bois" - just fine

'dreaming up stuff and adding them' is literally how everything everywhere was made, chris metzen didnt come out of the womb holding stone slabs with a prophecy of thralls birth
    Yawn... yes yes, we KNOW it's made up. That excuse doesnt mean anything goes and everything they add is an excellent idea.

Jesus people, quit quoting cliched arguments and engage your brains a bit.

They hold no appeal for me at the moment, and I have no desire to play one. I've never heard of them (other than data mined pics), don't know any lore regarding them... My initial impression is that they're cute little animals from a Disney children's movie.

That said, I never expected to enjoy Pandaren either, and they are now my favorites. Not because they're pandas, but rather despite it. I really like the culture Blizz developed for them.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I feel that they will make for a good race. However, I likely wouldn't play it myself. That said, if the wife still played, she likely would have loved them.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    Lmfao...like everything else that has ever made it's way into the WoW story?

Newsflash, WoW isn't real. It's all been dreamt up.
    if that true than blizzard entertainment is just not real either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Sop it looks like playable Vulpera are basically confirmed as an allied race. I'm very curious to see the overall mindset of these forums. I honestly, don't know if people are legit butthurt or just trying to follow the furry hate meme ingrained into internet culture. What is your honest feeling towards playable vulpera. Blizzard knows alot of people are excited to play as them, and the customization outclasses most non-human NPC races. Are you happy about Vulpera? Do you not care either way? Or are you mad? Maybe so mad you'll leave the game?
    but actually i saw now on the main page that they aren't officially announced yet :| anyway... i dunno, i don't hate em, i just wish they weren't so cute looking, remind me of some LoL heroes or some vanity pets from games like Guild Wars... it's just a personal POV, of course, but they don't feel warcraft-ish to me, i'd rather have em if they had a more sarcastic grin, or a goblinish vibe and face, or a bit more rough facial features in general... meh :|

I don't give a fuck. Also complaining about a playing race is really fucking retarded. Just don't play that race, that's all. Quitting the game over this? Yeah, right, see ya at launch...

I'm happy to know that it will probably happen but I will be happier when we know a little more about their culture so I can plan out my character!

10+ Year Old Account
    Look stupid. NO DEAL!
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much this. It's not the furry thing or even the cute thing (though that's a negative to me... things shouldnt be added just because 'omg CUTE'). It's that they have zero grounding in the WoW world and if added it's pretty much a move to cater to the cuteness brigade. Adding existing animal races? Sure because they have grounding in WoW. Dreaming up stuff and adding them... eh.
    They been in lore for awhile.....Did you read The Sundering they mention them and a bunch of other races...
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Vulpera

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to lose my rag over it, i think people take the game abit too serious if it makes you unsub, its like people complaining about titty streamers on twitch you dont have to watch you know.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

14 furries voted i see

Yawn... yes yes, we KNOW it's made up. That excuse doesnt mean anything goes and everything they add is an excellent idea.

Jesus people, quit quoting cliched arguments and engage your brains a bit.
    Except it isn't cliched, it's a cold hard fact.

Everything is new at some point. Does brann bronzebeard coming out and saying vulpera are the results of elune fucking goldrinn going to make them more legitimate to you? I don't even know what their in lore origin is yet because I try to keep story spoilers to a minimum but even if all we know right now is "fox people who roam the desert" that's still a good enough basic premise to me. Certainly better than "hey, you remember how the eredar corrupted sargeras because they were the most evil beings in the cosmos? Well actually that's not true they're actually space popes and are related to akama for no reason"

Tauren when they were introduced and made part of the horde were literally the exact same as vulpera
    "Hey, were a bunch of cow people and we travel the world in a continent you've never been in and there's some mean people who eat us can you help?" Except instead of sethrak it was centaurs.

Nobody says tauren aren't Warcraft, tauren had ZERO connection to other races, were animal based, were nomadic, had little to no backstory given when they joined the horde.