Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaszt View Post
    Yeah by the public, thats how freedom of speech is meant to work.

Not locked up by the government. Thats thought-police shit that just gives fuel to the extremists.
    'Gas the jews'/'kill the infidels' etc is hatespeech no matter which way you try to slice it, especially when you need to slice it 23 times...

Honestly its probably better that he got his metaphorical teeth kicked in by the government than his literal teeth kicked in by someone on the street for saying 'gas the jews' in a public place. But sure, keep acting like this is the fall of democracy or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Time to arrest 90% of the posters on this forum for "publicly" saying something offensive...
    The people who want to restrict freedom of speech based on thoughts are no different than those who want to restrict freedom of movement based on thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaszt View Post
    Again, context is important.

Yes he was saying gas the jews. And that made the dog salute. Thats pretty funny.
    also hes called Count Dankula and is a Comedian, and posts joke videos. Hes not an alt-right poster boy and a member of Britain First.
    Yes, context is important, and context shows us that he constantly spewed hate speech and used the "it's a joke, honestly, I'm just a comedian" excuse to get around the law.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xRATJARx View Post
    'Gas the jews'/'kill the infidels' etc is hatespeech no matter which way you try to slice it, especially when you need to slice it 23 times...

Honestly its probably better that he got his metaphorical teeth kicked in by the government than his literal teeth kicked in by someone on the street for saying 'gas the jews' in a public place. But sure, keep acting like this is the fall of democracy or whatever.
    Pretty sure I've made a joke about gas chambers at some point in my life.

Lock me up shit

Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    He shouldn't have been an idiot then and done daft controversial stuff to try and become internet famous.
    He didn't do it to become internet-famous. He literally posted it on his personal channel with 7 subscribers to troll his girlfriend... then someone else brought it up to Reddit, and it blew from there.

So him saying 'gas the jews' doesn't sound violent to you?
    You just said it too, time to be arrested.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah, if you promote killing parts of your own population based on thier ethnicity or religion then you're crossing the line.
    Yes, because I'm sure that is exactly what he was doing here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Maybe because nobody accepts your interpretation of the difference.
    I am referring to those who argue that the Holocaust, Jews, Nazis are not acceptable context for humour and then suddenly u-turn when people refer to comedies that do exactly that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    But that is not the problem.
    The problem is not that he made a joke about nazi killing you.
    The problem is that he made a call for a mass murder, using humor does not excuse him of any crime.
    Interesting.

So does this mean any piece of media that involves the Nazis calling for genocide should be banned and the creators prosecuted?

But come one, if it looks like a nazi (or other hate group), talk like a nazi, joke about killing jews and is defended by people who fall in the exact same category...
    Oh yes, the usual "Anyone who defends his right to do this is clearly a nazi" well-poisoning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Would it be okay to go around the street saying those things?
    No. But there's an inability for one to remove themselves from such a situation in reality. A whole number of behaviours if done online, would not be acceptable in the street. It's legal to do a striptease and post it to YT. It would probably not be so in the street. Apples and oranges. Neither is comparable to posting a video on YT.

Why does just adding "I'm only joking" make it okay all the sudden?
    Does this mean that you think any jokes that reference jews, nazis or the holocaust should be banned?

This wasn't in the UK. I don't know why the OP even mentioned the UK.
    Last I checked, Scotland was part of the Uk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You don't want to live in a tolerant world, you have made that quite clear. Your intolerance of other cultures and gay people is on display for everyone to see.

But hey, at least you defend Nazis and white nationalists a lot.
    You've got some great sarcasm detecting skills there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Why not? They have hate speech laws. That's how it works. They arrested him and investigated him and he went through court to see if he truly held those beliefs and they determined he did. So, yes. He was arrested for the single incident of the video but likely convicted because of a combination of several other factors.
    So is he being arrested and convicted for what he thinks, or what he said?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    It isn't a prosecutable offense to say gas the Jews.

Gas the Jews
    Gas the Jews
    Gas the Jews

See, nothing is happening.

You are confusing freedom of speech with immigration regulations. Immigration is a lot easier to regulate than free speech and human garbage who thinks we should gas the Jews can easily be kept out. He can still send his idiotic speech all over the very same country but just not physically be there.
    When did I even mention immigration?

If i was to go up to a group of police officers and say 'does anyone smell bacon' 23 times, would you be surprised/shocked if i got beaten by the officers? You can't just say whatever you want and follow it up with 'it was just a joke bro' and not expect to face consequences.
    I would be shocked if you got beaten for that. I have seen people say exactly that "does anyone smell bacon?"(and worse) as they walk past officers and all the officers did was roll their eyes or shake their head. Now if you proceed to jaywalk after saying that you better believe you are getting a ticket when normally you would get away with it, but actual freedom of speech allows people to be assholes generally without consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    I would be shocked if you got beaten for that. I have seen people say exactly that "does anyone smell bacon?"(and worse) as they walk past officers and all the officers did was roll their eyes or shake their head. Now if you proceed to jaywalk after saying that you better believe you are getting a ticket when normally you would get away with it, but actual freedom of speech allows people to be assholes generally without consequence.
    Obviously if you only say it once no one is going to give a shit, they'll just think you're a loser. My point was if you said it 23 times like Dank Memeson (or who whoever the fuck) did in his video.

He said it deliberately to get a rise out of people, and he got more than he bargained for.

So, can someone explain to me what is supposed to be funny about "gas the Jews"? I don't seem to get the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    As an aside, does "being arrested for a crime you would not normally be arrested for" not count as a consequence? And I agree the quote used in this example is about 30-40 years old. Maybe these days it would be "BLM - FUCK DA POLICE" or a more contemporary sentiment

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    So, can someone explain to me what is supposed to be funny about "gas the Jews"? I don't seem to get the joke.
    I think the point is whether or not you "get" the "joke"; one should be able to express the opinion that we should gas the jews publically without fear of being arrested by the state. And it isn't a bad principle. Puts a lot of trust in "people"; more than I personally would choose to; but there you have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    He trained his ex-gfs dog to raise his paw every time he said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    He trained his ex-gfs dog to raise his paw every time he said it.
    I know. But what is the joke?

Thats fine, no one gets you either.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats fine, no one gets you either.
    Please humor me and explain to me what is funny about gassing Jews.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I think the point is whether or not you "get" the "joke"; one should be able to express the opinion that we should gas the jews publically without fear of being arrested by the state. And it isn't a bad principle. Puts a lot of trust in "people"; more than I personally would choose to; but there you have it.
    I think letting people advocate for ethnic cleansing is bad. Why do you think it is good?

Deleted
    I know. But what is the joke?
    It's not that funny. He just thought it would be funny to train his dog to say the most despicable thing he could think of.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    As an aside, does "being arrested for a crime you would not normally be arrested for" not count as a consequence? And I agree the quote used in this example is about 30-40 years old. Maybe these days it would be "BLM - FUCK DA POLICE" or a more contemporary sentiment
    Not really a consequence no. A ticket isn't getting arrested, and a law was still broken in the case of jaywalking. Most of the time the officer will probably(not always) just yell for you to use a crosswalk, but if you go out of your way to be an asshole they probably are not going to let it slide. Either way people saying FUCK DA POLICE or I smell bacon are things I have seen many times and even repeated multiple times in chants directed at officers and I have yet to see anyone beaten for it.

Deleted

I think letting people advocate for ethnic cleansing is bad. Why do you think it is good?
    Yes, because that's obviously precisely what he was doing. Clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    Yes, because that's obviously precisely what he was doing. Clearly.
    He says "gas the Jews". What am I missing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    If you're too simple to understand why all expression should be allowed, there's not much anybody can do for you.
    Well, the last time that happened over 50 million people died.

Deleted
    He says "gas the Jews". What am I missing?
    Yes, because every mention of that regardless of context should be banned.

Iron Skies, the comedy includes a line from someone about killing all "sub-humans". Man in the High Castle likely has character that say it repeatedly.

Should we ban them?