Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zantis1 View Post
    Thanks. It is so much easier when bigots just come straight out with the bigotry. Then we all know where we stand.
    Take a moment and imagine the world you'd be living in if we didn't question cultures and religions that were counter to the freedoms of humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arvei View Post
    So someone is complaining that their intolerant views and jokes aren't being tolerated? Good riddance.
    You might feel a bit different when it's you who receive a call from the local authorities because you said something on a message board someone finds offensive.

Deleted
    OK so it occurred to me that we are all talking about something no one can actually see because its been taken down, and this guy wasn't that popular so none of us would have seen it before. That said his other content is still mirrored all over the place.

What I was expecting was unfunny, crude, but not particulary racist humor, or even humor focused on race. Turns out that's not the case. It is about as racist as you get. Although he wasn't prosecuted on incitement to racial hatred people have been prosecuted for much less.

This is important in that he claimed not to be a racist. He very obviously is. I still don't think he should go to jail. but he's clearly a liar-I'd have more respect for him if he just admitted he was far right.

OK so it occurred to me that we are all talking about something no one can actually see because its been taken down, and this guy wasn't that popular so none of us would have seen it before. That said his other content is still mirrored all over the place.

What I was expecting was unfunny, crude, but not particulary racist humor, or even humor focused on race. Turns out that's not the case. It is about as racist as you get. Although he wasn't prosecuted on incitement to racial hatred people have been prosecuted for much less.

This is important in that he claimed not to be a racist. He very obviously is. I still don't think he should go to jail. but he's clearly a liar-I'd have more respect for him if he just admitted he was far right.
    Thing is, are we going to make it illegal to be racist? Is that what people want?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account

Do you intentionally lie in every sentence or are you simply ignorant? I watched the video in question, on his own personal Youtube channel, one hour ago. All you have to do is search Count Dankula, and scroll down a bit.

Social/Cultural change should be implemented by the society not the Government.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if it's okay to post the video, but I have it pulled up on my computer at this very moment. You can absolutely find it, and not just from some mirror, but the original source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    All you have to do is search Count Dankula, and scroll down a bit.
    I would prefer not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Thing is, are we going to make it illegal to be racist? Is that what people want?
    That's a separate issue.

The thing was people were saying this was comedy, and he was claiming not to be a racist. These things are not true. He is overtly political.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you intentionally lie in every sentence or are you simply ignorant? I watched the video in question, on his own personal Youtube channel, one hour ago. All you have to do is search Count Dankula, and scroll down a bit.
    You obviously have a higher tolerance threshold of this bullshit than I do. I feel physically ill just looking at the guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I would prefer not to.
    That is totally your prerogative. It just seems that a few people were accusing zantis of misrepresenting facts and my point was that he was flat out lying or didn't do the necessary leg work to confirm that what he was saying is true, so it's hard to believe anything he says.

Deleted
    I'm not sure if it's okay to post the video, but I have it pulled up on my computer at this very moment. You can absolutely find it, and not just from some mirror, but the original source.
    I'm not sure we are seeing the same thing. Youtube has the capability to bar things in certain countries and not others.

You've got to be a truly stupendous kind of moron to lie like this. Cease.

Here's the video in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_QlnY8Gg g

Simply copy/paste and remove the space between the g's at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    If you're too simple to understand why all expression should be allowed, there's not much anybody can do for you.
    If you think that that is the case then there is really no helping you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathoren View Post
    You've got to be a truly stupendous kind of moron to lie like this. Cease.

Here's the video in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_QlnY8Gg g

Simply copy/paste and remove the space between the g's at the end.
    "That video is unavailable". Presumably its been blocked in the UK because of specific broadcasting legislation.

10+ Year Old Account
    "That video is unavailable". Presumably its been blocked in the UK because of specific broadcasting legislation.
    Their link didn't work for me either. Try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYsl...ctr=1521657665

Yes, I am advocating freedom of all expression. You seem to think that words are actions, which is inline with the ridiculous notice that leftists think that getting your feelings hurt is akin to physical violence. As I've said, if this is your standpoint there's no much anybody can do for you.
    "All expression" includes actions.
    Maybe you should be more careful with what you write?

Deleted
    Their link didn't work for me either. Try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYsl...ctr=1521657665
    "That content is not available in this country domain". May work in the US and elsewhere.

word
    wərd/Submit
    noun
    a single distinct meaningful element of speech or writing, used with others (or sometimes alone) to form a sentence and typically shown with a space on either side when written or printed.

ac·tion
    ˈakSH(ə)n/Submit
    noun
    the fact or process of doing something, typically to achieve an aim.

I'm not sure how you can conflate the two.
    But you constantly do it yourself...?

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of people that think someone should be jailed for a joke, however distasteful, is absurd. If the guy was decorated in Swastikas, had an SS helmet, and wore a Nazi Germany flag as a cape then I can see how it might be hate crime, but he literally says it's just to piss off his girlfriend. I'm not saying that Nazi/Jew jokes are the zenith of comedy, but how bland your lives must be to think someone should be jailed over something so trivial.

inb4 he's only joking about joking
    Last edited by Paragas; 2018-03-21 at 06:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    If he was trying to make the dog say the most evil things possible... Why would he say things he agrees with?

Your logic doesn't make any sense, unless he's a self-hating Nazi.
    I'm talking about other content. For example he describes Pakistan as a nation "where they all touch kids".

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    Take a moment and imagine the world you'd be living in if we didn't question cultures and religions that were counter to the freedoms of humans.

- - - Updated - - -

You might feel a bit different when it's you who receive a call from the local authorities because you said something on a message board someone finds offensive.
    Take a moment and realize that the automatic response to such cultures, is to strip away the freedoms of humans. The nationalists who do such things are no different than the judge who convicted this guy.