Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remaster Reportedly In The Works, Won't Have MP.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ca...source=twitter

Following Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's remaster a couple of years ago, many fans thought that a Modern Warfare 2 remake would be right around the corner. Although nothing has yet to be officially announced, new reports suggest that a MW2 remaster is finally on the way.

First reported by Call of Duty enthusiast site CharlieIntel, then later independently confirmed by Eurogamer, the Modern Warfare 2 remaster is in development and will be significantly cheaper than Modern Warfare Remastered. Both Eurogamer and CharlieIntel assert that MW2 Remastered will cost around $25 / €20, while Modern Warfare Remastered costs $40.

The reports also assert that the game will not feature multiplayer, which is likely the reason for its lower price point. We do not yet know why Activision wouldn't include multiplayer; one completely speculative reason could be that the publisher hopes to avoid splitting the player base among too many different Call of Duty titles.

The game will apparently launch on April 30, well ahead of Black Ops 4's October release for PS4 and Xbox One. Neither Eurogamer nor CharlieIntel have reported whether or not it'll come to PC. Further, CharlieIntel stated that its sources said that Raven Software, which was responsible for Modern Warfare Remastered, is not working on Modern Warfare 2 Remastered.
    FUCKEN LOL.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

$40 for a 3 hour on-rails campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    $40 for a 3 hour on-rails campaign?
    It will be $25 if the rumor is true.
    Doesn't change it won't have MP tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold on you're telling me the Modern Warfare Remaster wasn't a joke and people actually bought it? I mean who buys a Call of Duty Remaster in the first place, it felt like the game came out less than 10 years ago and was something you only have to play once. It's not like it had a real deep or interesting story for something about russians and terrorists.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Hold on you're telling me the Modern Warfare Remaster wasn't a joke and people actually bought it? I mean who buys a Call of Duty Remaster in the first place, it felt like the game came out less than 10 years ago and was something you only have to play once. It's not like it had a real deep or interesting story for something about russians and terrorists.
    Yup, and still as relevant as ever. Like Homer' Iliad or Star Wars, Call of Duty Modern Warfare was truly a timeless tale.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Yup, and still as relevant as ever. Like Homer' Iliad or Star Wars, Call of Duty Modern Warfare was truly a timeless tale.
    If you think Call of Duty was a timeless tale then its clear you have never played many games,movies or read a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you think Call of Duty was a timeless tale then its clear you have never played many games,movies or read a book.
    Also the reason there's no MP is because Black Ops 4 will be set in modern times (campaign is Gulf War, Kosovo and onwards ; leading on from Black Ops 2 which ended in 1989 Panama ). So there'd be no point - it'd divide the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Also the reason there's no MP is because Black Ops 4 will be set in modern times (campaign is Gulf War, Kosovo and onwards ; leading on from Black Ops 2 which ended in 1989 Panama ). So there'd be no point - it'd divide the playerbase.
    It won't have MP because Activision is lazy nothing more. Black Ops 2 was set in 2025 not in 1989.

You know what divides the playerbase the amount of games they release each year and the ones people decide to stay on and play.

Deleted
    They fear it will be too popular and keeps people from buying the new CoD games I guess?

Then it should not cost more than 5 bucks tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    no multiplayer for a cod game?
    *tumbleweeds roll by*
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    no multiplayer for a cod game?
    *tumbleweeds roll by*
    I've never played a single CoD campaign, but I've played the hell out of Modern Warfare and MWII hardcore mode. After that they got fucking stupid with multiplayer.

There is no reason to play this without multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    MW2 was popular because of its multiplayer tho.. does not compute

Yeah, I don't quite get it without multiplayer...but I can see why they wouldn't want to launch it with multiplayer. Splits the playerbase up into two camps, requiring either multiple teams to support both ecosystems or to have a single team split time, and the smaller playerbases likely each lead to lower retention/monetization.

It's an odd decision if this all plays out, but I'm curious to see how it works. They already tried the dual-launches with MW1, so this seems like them reacting to data and feedback from those releases.

Mw2 multiplayer was a joke. You could chain kill streaks 7er Harrier who hunts down people to get to 11 kills - controllable Apachechopper gun which you use to get to 25 for the game ending nuke. Basically get 7 kills and camp. What a true game.

It also had unused game modes in the game files that were never used for mp (some hackers were able to enable them while playing online, nice anti cheat system btw). Seems like a missed chance to put that old content to work if they decide to pull it out of its grave.