Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is it still push week?

How do we feel about replacing Sanguine/Volcanic/Fortified with Sanguine/Necrotic/Fortified?

As tank, I don't find necrotic to be any more challenging than volcanic, but maybe it slows things down a tad more? If I have to kite that does affect my dps at least a little, and tank dps on aoe is significant. Melee dps are also affected by moving mobs.

Just asking because I know a lot of people - especially those who missed the last big push week - were looking to this week as their make-up for scores. How much will this change affect things?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Many tanks hate necrotic to the point they don't bother with m+ those weeks. Expect tanks shortage in pugs.

7+ Year Old Account
    my top necrotic stacks where around 75 for this week hell of a run

Trash is often kited anyway, so biggest issues I would expect with bosses that don't have easy necrotic reset (some have long intermissions, jump away, cast and do other stuff that allows easy reset).

I think we're gonna have teeming / quaking / fortified week soon-ish and that might be the new pushing week, however some packs in some dungeons just suck with teeming so depends.

I don't like necrotic. Giant pain in the ass on some bosses. Would be a complete non-issue if I played in a fixed team and used voice, but it's a complete PITA to reset on some bosses as a tank.

I just find it really irritating as it makes a lot of pulls you'd normally do a bit of a PITA (all of the aoe mobs in VOTW at once, all the mana devourers in upper Kara)

That said, i'm a warrior, understand that DK's/Paladins (Demon hunters too?) can get rid of the debuff super easily, if I was one of those I'm sure I wouldnt' give a shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was planning to finish pushing my keys to 18+ then make them 20+. However, since i am a blood dk, i dont think i wanna do that during necrotic week
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Quote Originally Posted by JackWest View Post
    However, since i am a blood dk, i dont think i wanna do that during necrotic week
    Blood dk has the shortest cd to reset necrotic, and good kiting tools for trash so it's the least affected tank. Warrior probably has it the worst since it can't be spell reflected and ruins ignore pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Blood dk has the shortest cd to reset necrotic, and good kiting tools for trash so it's the least affected tank. Warrior probably has it the worst since it can't be spell reflected and ruins ignore pain.

Thats true. However, kiting group of mobs isnt what i signed up for when i rolled tank for dungeons. Aye, affixes affect how you approach dungeons but this completely turns your game around(as a tank). Thats how i feel though. Always avoided necrotic for those reasons, even when i was guardian

I was planning to finish pushing my keys to 18+ then make them 20+. However, since i am a blood dk, i dont think i wanna do that during necrotic week
    Do you have the Legendary DK cloak? This makes a lot of encounters with necrotic that are hard/impossible for other tanks much easier for DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    necrotic may be simple to handle as blood,it's just not fun

Sanguine is still a pushover affix that (bar a few exceptions) has no influence on your approach and usually won't slow down the run (same as volcanic).
    Necrotic obviously does have influence on the speed, you cannot blindly chainpull everything in range, but it's still rather easy to deal with and the influence on the DPS of the group is quite low.

So it's no pushover as sanguine/volcanic, but it still is one of the easier weeks.

Deleted
    The affixes are mostly on tanks now, so if you are a tank you deal with them most. That said, it's great to have those rare affli-locks with their leggo ring asking if I want them to wear it, monks with RoP allowing me to reset stacks ez pz, hunters with traps, etc.

It's a pita to have those shamans who quake a whole pack even when it's in a sanguine pool. It's a pita to have those eager dps pulling for me when I have 30+ stacks. It's a pita to have those dps focus melee mobs first and leaving a caster for last (wait for those interrupts to come back off cd). Worse tho - the dps who leave ranged mobs for last (pelters, marksmen, etc.) when you are not a DK or don't have that great grip/tornado/rop class in team.

In general the pulls need to be smaller and with breaks between if you are not a monk or DK. This can be avoided with good dps'ers, but that's not in the pug world really

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    necrotic may be simple to handle as blood,it's just not fun
    Affixes are generally invented to throw a wrench into cogs. Is skittish fun? Or explosive? Or bursting / bolstering that limits how much you can pull at once? Volcanic was one of the few "non issue" affixes after overflowing was removed, so Blizzard decided to move it both to tyrannical weeks to prevent "easy" fortified + volcanic combos.

Yes it's still a push weak, works well with sanguine too. As you're already kiting things.

It just more heavily favours meta comps, (Well atleast anything with a DK tank and a warlock) But yes, definitely still a push weak, good tanks can manage it very well.

Quote Originally Posted by krl View Post
    Many tanks hate necrotic to the point they don't bother with m+ those weeks. Expect tanks shortage in pugs.
    Those tanks must not have run necrotic since 7.1.5. It was nerfed circa 7.2, and hasn't been a big deal since.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Loosecannon View Post
    Would be a complete non-issue if I played in a fixed team and used voice...
    Playing with a fixed team and using voice does make it all so much easier. My team is not OP (we average around 2500), but our runs are always chill and never stressful.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats true. However, kiting group of mobs isnt what i signed up for when i rolled tank for dungeons. Aye, affixes affect how you approach dungeons but this completely turns your game around(as a tank). Thats how i feel though. Always avoided necrotic for those reasons, even when i was guardian
    Kiting is basic part of toolkit for M+. You are gimping yourself if you never use it, tbh. It does have drawbacks, since your dps is affected, but it is only solution to many situations (e.g., teeming pelters).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Those tanks must not have run necrotic since 7.1.5. It was nerfed circa 7.2, and hasn't been a big deal since.

- - - Updated - - -

Playing with a fixed team and using voice does make it all so much easier. My team is not OP (we average around 2500), but our runs are always chill and never stressful.

- - - Updated - - -

Kiting is basic part of toolkit for M+. You are gimping yourself if you never use it, tbh. It does have drawbacks, since your dps is affected, but it is only solution to many situations (e.g., teeming pelters).
    Funny part is I never even knew about kiting the pelters til last time when I did it on with Teeming/Explosive/Fortified. Its actually bigger "general" part of the brewmaster tooklit from what I see by watching few brewmaster streamers, but I am 100% against that sort of gameplay as a tank, hence why I am gonna do one for weekly this week and call it til next affixes

Funny part is I never even knew about kiting the pelters til last time when I did it on with Teeming/Explosive/Fortified. Its actually bigger "general" part of the brewmaster tooklit from what I see by watching few brewmaster streamers, but I am 100% against that sort of gameplay as a tank
    Outranging trash as a tank so that they stop casting becomes a big thing on higher keys. It allows you to do much bigger pulls and therefore save alot of time.

I find it an easy week however, in 2 out of 3 groups i've had so far the tanks did not kite away making the runs worse than it could have been.
    IronVan the Van of Steel

Funny part is I never even knew about kiting the pelters til last time when I did it on with Teeming/Explosive/Fortified. Its actually bigger "general" part of the brewmaster tooklit from what I see by watching few brewmaster streamers, but I am 100% against that sort of gameplay as a tank, hence why I am gonna do one for weekly this week and call it til next affixes
    I think it can be fun. Saw one video of Method running Halls of Valor +26; they pulled everything in great hall at once and had tank kite it all up and down outside while dps killed it.

Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2018-03-22 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I think it can be fun. Saw one video of Method running Halls of Valor +25 or somesuch; they pulled everything in great hall at once and had tank kite it all up and down outside while dps killed it.
    HoV comes down to 6-7 trashpulls.

1 All before Hymdall
    2 3 Man Group on Stairs+Patroling Sentinal
    3 Group infront of great hall
    4 Great hall side 1
    5 Patroling Great hall Sentinal
    6 Great hall side 2
    7 5 man Group infront of Hyria

You then skip everything at Fenryr and the 2 Sentinals in the great hall.
    I`ve seen groups play the hole great hall as well.