Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Possible telepathy-autism link?

Junk science or...? Do you believe that telepathy might exist?

The CNN article is pretty poorly written (the last couple of paragraphs are particularly woo-woo) but I came across more than one video of Powell's work with test subjects and she talks often about how the strongest evidence of telepathy is in autistic children, particularly nonverbal autistic children. Some of the videos of the testing are pretty fascinating/compelling (some are not, one child got little better than 50/50 accuracy), you can find more than one video on YT if you're interested in finding out more.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1219556

In recent times more and more cases of children with Autism exhibiting Telepathic abilities is being reported in the social media. While this seems to be doing the rounds on Facebook, Linkedin and Youtube, professionals and scientists working in the field of autism seem to largely ignore this fact.

Why is this so ?

Are they apprehensive that discovering that telepathy is indeed a common occurrence in autism would shake the very foundations of how they are going about trying to find the cause of autism, especially those who are following the elusive gene trail?

With billions of dollars being poured into autism research, how would the discovery of more such cases affect the autism scenario ?

Here are a few examples of reported cases of telepathy in Autism that cannot be taken lightly. What if investigating more such cases actually leads to the "cure" in Autism ?

The first case is about a child with Non-Verbal autism who lives in India. Chandrakanth is eight years old and he can read the minds of his teachers and the doctors who examine him and he is able to write their thoughts, in their own language even though he does not know any language.

“Even if you think in Chinese or Russian or any other language, he will reproduce it on paper,” said C.P. Aboobacker, retired civil surgeon, who has examined him and tested him.

All those who attempted to test Chandrakanth testify to his exceptional telepathic skills. “If anyone thinks this child is a nuisance or difficult to handle, he will sense it,” said Dr. Aboobacker.

The second case is this link to a video on Youtube where a five year old child with Autism is demonstrating telepathy :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKp-gxOjz2E

Then there is this case where the investigator Dr. Diane Powell describes her experience with a non-verbal girl with autism who demonstrated the irrefutable evidence of Telepathy using a tool called the "Talker". She is working towards identifying and documenting more such cases.

All these case reports raise more uncomfortable questions than answers.And just because certain facts about autism are being revealed that do not seem to make "scientific sense" does not mean that the majority of scientists and researchers in autism conveniently ignore them.
    I think we have a long way to go before proving that telepathy is even possible, let alone there being a link to autism, but it does somewhat makes sense that if this ability were to actually exist, that it would most likely develop in children who have difficulties in usual forms of communication.

5+ Year Old Account
    magic isn't real

If autistic people could read my mind, why are they constantly arguing with me?
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing this report does for me, is gives me even less trust when I hear the word study, or scientific... well anything. It's like everybody and their mother uses science to describe make bullshit claims, or studies misapplied to do the same. Yes, I am going to say junk science unless there is a specific way to explain why it's happening vs that it's happening 50% of the time.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Junk "science".

Source: 3 years of university studies in biotechnology, me (autist), my girlfriend (autist) and every other autist I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

http://ireport.cnn.com/about.jspa
    Everything you see on iReport starts with someone in the CNN audience. The stories here are not edited fact-checked or screened before they post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Hahaha Jesus it's like the TEDx bullshit, just but half the brand on a title remove any credits and Viola!

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Yeah I did say it was poorly written, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    The only thing this report does for me, is gives me even less trust when I hear the word study, or scientific... well anything. It's like everybody and their mother uses science to describe make bullshit claims, or studies misapplied to do the same. Yes, I am going to say junk science unless there is a specific way to explain why it's happening vs that it's happening 50% of the time.
    I think it is difficult to apply the usual scientific controls to claims of the extraordinary (telepathy, telekenesis, etc) because by their nature you can't have randomly assigned test subjects.

Also because those who claim those abilities are probably full of it. But who knows! It is interesting that there is actual research being done in this field. Also other extraordinary subjects, like NDEs and children who report memories of past lives. https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-.../our-research/

Fuck yes.. now I get magic powers!

Shit writing like "Are they apprehensive that discovering that telepathy is indeed a common occurrence in autism would shake the very foundations of how they are going about trying to find the cause of autism, especially those who are following the elusive gene trail?" shows massive gaps in their education.

If there was and easy reputable scientific investigation that showed a whole new branch of understanding, they'd be on it like a pig in shit.

"Bob proves telepathy is real" = Nobel fucking prize and set for life. If anyone thought this was actually legit/had any scrap of real evidence it would be pounced on like wolves. Imagine the advantage to whichever nation trains a non-verbal autist to go on holiday and read minds; fucking super spy shit right there.

Yet.. nothing happens.. because..? Grand conspiracy!! No, it just isn't real.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    To distract you from the voices in your head

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe that empathy (as in actually sensing feelings, not just empathy as an emotion) can exist. Telepathy...well I'm not going to say it *can't* exist, in fact I believe it's possible, but I don't believe it exists in humans at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I believe that empathy (as in actually sensing feelings, not just empathy as an emotion) can exist. Telepathy...well I'm not going to say it *can't* exist, in fact I believe it's possible, but I don't believe it exists in humans at this point in time.
    I feel like I have been able to do this with a boyfriend, even when I was not looking at him. That's a pretty woo-woo thing of me to say but whatever, I also made this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I believe that empathy (as in actually sensing feelings, not just empathy as an emotion) can exist.
    It doesn't. What you're alluding to is people who are very keen at reading body language and voices, I'm one of them. It's impossible to actually describe since I'm not "doing" anything, it just happens automatically, but I know damn well I'm not "sensing" anything. On top of that, such a physical information transfer isn't possible. Physics would tell us if it was. Same goes for telepathy, it's simply not possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think it is difficult to apply the usual scientific controls to claims of the extraordinary (telepathy, telekenesis, etc) because by their nature you can't have randomly assigned test subjects.

Also because those who claim those abilities are probably full of it. But who knows! It is interesting that there is actual research being done in this field. Also other extraordinary subjects, like NDEs and children who report memories of past lives. https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-.../our-research/
    True, my response was really more to do with the over all trend when it comes to news dubbed as a scientific finding, or results from a study. I mean scientist have always done studies, and a lot of the time, they do studies that reveal they were wrong or they need to do more testing.

As to the nature of this, you again hit off on a great point which it would be difficult to test. I am not saying I know mental telepathy isn't true mind you, but there has to be a way, or a reason why some can, or others can.

I think it's interesting also to. I just worry about the trends though. So whenever I hear Studies, or Scientific Findings, I always think, why am I hearing about this, who is reporting it, and what exactly are the specific details.

Oh and the whole autism thing, I don't think autism has to be thought of as something wrong with a person, but at the same time, I don't think it makes a person superman, or endowed with any other gifts. It could, but often times as near as a I can't tell Autism simply means processing the world differently.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-03-23 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kheirn View Post
    It doesn't. What you're alluding to is people who are very keen at reading body language and voices, I'm one of them. It's impossible to actually describe since I'm not "doing" anything, it just happens automatically, but I know damn well I'm not "sensing" anything. On top of that, such a physical information transfer isn't possible. Physics would tell us if it was. Same goes for telepathy, it's simply not possible.
    Well it's estimated that 55% of human communication is body language and 38 percent is tone of voice so you are right, in most cases it is probably explained by one or the other.

Lol

That's why scientific papers follow certain rules, these don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Oh and the whole autism thing, I don't think autism has to be thought of as something wrong with a person, but at the same time, I don't think it makes a person superman, or endowed with any other gifts. It could, but often times as near as a I can't tell Autism simply means processing the world differently.
    Yeah to be clear, I don't think autism gives you superpowers. Although that would make for a really interesting Marvel comic/movie. Hahaha

This reminds me of the psychic shop near my house. It has a sign that says call for an appointment... Like bro aren't you psychic?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah I did say it was poorly written, lol.

I'm really really surprised by you peddling this utter nonsense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinded_experiment the subjects you are testing do not need to be random.

There has never been a single peer reviewed double blind experiment ever done that would have given the slightest hint of any "extra-sensory" ability in anyone ever.

Every single experiment that made such claims and has actually been peer reviewed was either found to be a) total bullshit, b) making up data to get a result they wanted, c) would have had faulty methodology.

1, There is no such thing as telepathy or telekinesis or whatnot.
    2, There is no super natural. (It's a definition's problem. If it's observable, it's natural -it could be an unexplained phenomenon and there's plenty of those in science, but it's not "super" natural if it is observable, if it is not observable it is irrelevant as it doesn't exist in our reality.)

Every single thing like "near death experiences" or "memories of past lives" or even simpler things like, mental blocks on words (when you have a word on the tip of your tongue, you know the word, but for some reason just can't say it), deja-vu etc. are neurological phenomenons. They neither act upon the outside world or are influenced by anything beyond the immediate proximity (chemicals, other people).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    /shrug

I could be possible, I suppose.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot by that logic almost anything is possible. Including the existence of a Finnish nudist who somehow teleported himself onto the surface of Venus and found a way to somehow survive and build himself a nice wooden cottage with a typically Finnish sauna attached.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2018-03-23 at 07:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    or are you really just arguing with yourself......