Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Would be funny if Overlord Geyarah is Thralls AU sister!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddger View Post
    Well you could argue Drek'thar strength was from the elements and not from his muscles that Grom draws his strength from.
    Yes, but Grom was only 2-3 years older than Durotan and Orgrim, while Drek'Thar was already the Elder Shaman of the Frostwolves before the Horde started.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I noticed that too, but I think it was now or never for a female orc leader. With the Horde having so few characters compared to the Horde, we lacked a lot of female characters. We have no female Orc leader, no female Tauren leader, no female Troll leader(we really don't have many troll characters at all) and Liadrin is our only female Elf leader. We still need a good female goblin leader.

But yeah this is all really forced, and though I do love strong female characters, it's just so obvious this is a equality thing. But I really really do like all of the female characters the Horde's gotten recently so it's mehhh
    Then what is Mayla Highmountain? A skinny male tauren with boobs?
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

I think that the new portal that we'll open in BfA leads to another point in AU time, for instance, many many years after our departure, mb even AU year 33.

I mean, in MU year 31 Garrosh traveled to AU year -4, but then in AU -2 The Iron Horde invaded our Azeroth, but it still was MU 31.

Thing was Khadgar seemed to have no problem porting people from Orgimmar.

I know, i know this game has more plot holes than Battlefield Earth and sometimes you just gotta roll with it but still iam interested how blizz will explain in detail this one!
    Khadgar is also a Mary Sue and yup plot holes galore xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I noticed that too, but I think it was now or never for a female orc leader. With the Horde having so few characters compared to the Horde, we lacked a lot of female characters. We have no female Orc leader, no female Tauren leader, no female Troll leader(we really don't have many troll characters at all) and Liadrin is our only female Elf leader. We still need a good female goblin leader.

But yeah this is all really forced, and though I do love strong female characters, it's just so obvious this is a equality thing. But I really really do like all of the female characters the Horde's gotten recently so it's mehhh
    We do have pretty good representation in at least the Nightborne, and the Highmountain have...gosh, what's her name. Right on all points, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Yes, but Grom was only 2-3 years older than Durotan and Orgrim, while Drek'Thar was already the Elder Shaman of the Frostwolves before the Horde started.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they were talking about the main races.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    How the Mag'har Orcs join the Horde **SPOILERS***

So wowhead has datamined the Mag'har and why they join the horde.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=282950/b...join-the-horde

It seems its Eitrigg who is the one behind it from what he says is from a mutual friend. No doubt that mutual friend is Thrall which measn saurfang has nothing to do with the introduction of the Mag'har.
    I'd say that whether or not it's Thrall or Saurfang depends on whether this takes place before or after the burning of Teldrassil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nastje View Post
    It's good that at least some of the allied races won't bet reputation gated like the first four and instead will require questing/scenarios (I don't see any relevant BfA faction tied to Draenor that would need to get farmed)

What's bad is that they're giving us a nobody to lead the Mag'har. Who is this Geyarah? A shame, there were many better options.
    We don't know what is required to unlock this scenario though, so rep is quite likely still.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I'd say that whether or not it's Thrall or Saurfang depends on whether this takes place before or after the burning of Teldrassil.
    I honestly think its Thrall cause where has he been in Legion? Surely he has gone to the only place that meant anything to him and that was with his mom and dad and on a planet that wasnt about to be destroyed by the Legion!!

Though with Sylvanas needing the Bronze Dragonflight to get there then that leads to more questions than answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    Maybe it's just me but Alliance orcs sounds like a silly idea.
    I'm not saying they should join the Alliance. I'm saying races like this should stay neutral.

OR

Blizzard should make some quests for the Alliance, making them I dont know... Steal some Mag'har totems or some shits so they actually have reason to join the Horde. Otherwise it feels like pulled out of someone's ass

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    She's a leader now, but i meant before these new allied races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    We do have pretty good representation in at least the Nightborne, and the Highmountain have...gosh, what's her name. Right on all points, though.
    yeah, hopefully most of those characters stay around. And yeah we have Mayla, but I meant before that.

Spirit projection of Vol'jin appears before the champion of the Horde: "Warchief Hellscream. Years ago we defeated the Burning Legion for you. Now the Horde begs you to help us in our struggle against the Alliance. I regret that I am unable to deliver this request in person, but I was killed by a demon, mon. We have had war plans vital to the survival of the Horde placed in this Hero's satchel. Our new Warchief will know what to make of them. You must send your army with them to Azeroth. This be our most desperate hour, mon. Save the Horde, Grommash Hellscream. You be our only hope."

Deleted
    The new leader doesn't bother me. They were never going to use a doppelganger anyway it was just going to confuse people. Kind of wish they used an original WOD character though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ello View Post
    The reasoning just seems so... weak.

Like, Etrigg says "it's time to collect!" and the AU Orcs send over a portion of their society to permanently live in another freaking universe?

Also, somewhat disappointed that the capital is just Orgrimmar. Hopefully they build a new section for them so they aren't stuffed in some corner.

Also... why not just use Grom?
    Because nobody has ever colonised new places? The Frostwolves and the Laughing Skulls do exclusively owe the Horde a debt. The rest however owe both the factions debts.
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2018-03-23 at 09:22 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a weak reason but that's par the course for the allied races, I simply don't understand why anyone outside of Gilneas and the Forsaken aren't actively trying to avoid this conflict. It's not like anyone has ever benefited from the Alliance V Horde conflict, so why are they continuing this farce.

War makes sense in feudal societies as land was the direct source of wealth and the only way to expand that wealth was via conquest. That's simply not the case with Azeroth given the advanced technology and magic. Of course Azeroth is closer to an imperialist society so that begs the question of why war made sense back then. The world grew massively (from a eurocentric standpoint) during the start of imperialism and with it there were untold treasures, during this point the actual land wasn't really the prize, everyone knew it'd take centuries to "colonize" these lands, rather the natural resources present on the land. Of course these resources needed to be sent back home to have value which lead to naval trade which then lead to naval warfare, if you controlled the trade routes you controlled the economy, hence why so much of war was naval based at the time. That brings us back to Azeroth where we airships capable of fast inter-continental travel and teleportation magic, both of which prohibit the ability to secure trade routes. That leaves modern wars where by in large they don't make sense, hence why there hasn't been an actual war between significant powers since World War 2, there is simply too much destructive power in modern war for it to be worth it, even outside of the truly nasty stuff. Of course Azeroth does have their weapons of mass destruction but unlike the real world they still fight in outright war despite that.

The Horde and the Alliance have feudal needs but never conquer anywhere, have imperial economies that can't be disrupted and have weapons of mass destruction but still seek outright war. And I'm not even considering the fact that the leaders know about outright evil forces actively seeking to destroy them. War in Warcraft stopped making sense 15 years ago.

If blizz has made it that this is modern day AU Dreanor then it means any character from that xpac can easily be dismissed as 'Oh they died since then' from 'reasons'

- - - Updated - - -

Iam not so sure because Saurfang never went to AU Draenor but Thrall has alot of rep there cause of his exploits and his closeness to Durotan.
    saurfang was a quest giver at the horde garrison....

Deleted
    Wasn't it said somewhere that mages doing that piggy backed off the dark portal. No dark portal link, can't don't anymore.

Didn't we need their debt repaid more back when we were still fighting Legion?
    It just seems Blizzard is making the stupid faction wars look much more important than the fight against Legion with all these allied races coming out of nowhere and joining us now that we're done with the real threat.
    Last edited by Ashkiman; 2018-03-23 at 09:29 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression that in WoD, Kairoz ripped past AU-Draenor out of the timestream and synchronised it with present day MU-Azeroth. So now we're going to the future of that past Draenor...which is meant to be synchronised with the present-day MU Azeroth but apparently isn't anymore...to enlist the help of Iron Horde remnants who tried to commit genocide on us one expansion ago? Who are happy to forget all of that, leave their homes and families behind to travel to a different universe just to fight against the Alliance, a faction they know absolutely nothing about? For the Horde, another faction they also know absolutely nothing about? The same Horde they tried to commit genocide against an expansion ago? All because one orc from an alternate universe showed up out of nowhere and asked nicely?

Blizzard what the fuck.
    Last edited by Apology; 2018-03-23 at 09:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Another amazing, strong, independent female leader who needs no man.
    Fixed that for you.

Anyway, as much as I don’t want Grom to come back this entire scenario seems rather hamfisted.

A random leader? Draenor can’t be accessed normally anymore?

What happened to our Garrison? To Warspear? Why did the mage portals stop working? Where’s Grom? Why do the ‘Mag’har’ join the Horde?

I hope they actually endeavour to answer these.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    Didn't we need their debt repaid more back when we were still fighting Legion?
    It just seems Blizzard is making the stupid faction wars look much more important than the fight against Legion with all these allied races coming out of nowhere and joining us now that we're done with the real threat.
    Considering how easily we beat the Legion I’d say this is definitely more important.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    saurfang was a quest giver at the horde garrison....
    Ah thats right sorry for my mind fart and the fact he never said anything while he was there or anything else after that!

I aint being flippant and you are totally right he was there its just the fact he was only there to give out a shitty quest and nothing was ever alluded to or ever mentioned again after that.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-03-23 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    Why is this a past/future thing? We are going to the Draenor that we left a few years ago. A few years have passed for us and for them. I see no indication whatsoever that their time passed somehow differently from ours. Kairoz went to the past with Garrosh and tied that version of Draenor to our reality, so it doesn't slip away like other alternate realities.
    So unless we see a Grommash that is grey haired and half blind I'm not going to think we travel to their future or anything.

These orcs at least seem to be a little better informed than the other allied races and, at least from the dialogue we have until now, Sylvanas doesn't make them swear obedience to herself. Mayla for example seems blissfully unaware about what she signed up for, because the first thing she tells you is to go find out what the Horde is about. After she swore obedience.

Deleted
    Urgh, this story is mostly very bad in my opinion. Even for Blizzards standard. Looks like they forgot their own lore again regarding the connection between AU Draenor and Azeroth. Just wait for another retarded retcon who tells us, that at the end of WoD, all connections were removed. Sometimes i get the impression, the people who decide these kind of shit stories at Blizzard really are retards.

Under these circumstances, creating such a nonsense shit story, they really could have left AU Draenor behind. This does nothing to improve the impression of that expansion. To the contrary, the bullshit continues, we get more unnecessary drivel, which opens up a lot of questions. Needless questions.

Only thing i liked when i read the news was that Eitrigg was the one recruiting them, because i thought we get Ariok back. But he isn't even mentioned. But i guess he is unimportant because he has a penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    It's a weak reason but that's par the course for the allied races, I simply don't understand why anyone outside of Gilneas and the Forsaken aren't actively trying to avoid this conflict. It's not like anyone has ever benefited from the Alliance V Horde conflict, so why are they continuing this farce.
    To be fair, the Alliance races have a reason to join the war in BfA. Look at it from their perspective: there have always been tensions between the Alliance and the Horde; A new, powerful resource was discovered and the leader of the Horde just spearheaded an attack that directly or indirectly led to the burning and destruction of the capital of one of your allies (there should be casualties as well, I presume). Are you just going to sit back, try to avoid the conflict and hope that they would let you go after finishing off your allies? Pulling another former-Genn's maneuver of walling themselves off and ignoring your allies already proved itself to be a bad move.

If anything, it's the Horde races that have less reason to go to war. Other than Genn who hate Sylvanas and the Forsaken only, most of the Alliance races haven't shown any indication of going into an open war against the Horde. Yes, there were little skirmishes here and then, but they just stopped at skirmishes level without escalating further. Current leader of the Alliance, Anduin, is a well-known pacifist so there should be very little chance of him trying to conquer Horde races out of nowhere. I guess we can say that since Horde and the Alliance already went to war, the other Horde races had to go with it instead of risking a chance, no matter how tiny it is, that they will be attacked just because they are affiliated to the Horde, but that is still more forced than the Alliance's reason.

The difference between Azeroth and the real world is that there are more than two great powers in real world. There are US, China and Russia to kept each other in check, with EU dancing around as well. If, for some reason, Russia and EU disappear, I wouldn't be surprised to see China and US' tension raise to the level of another war within few years / decades.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.