10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Vol'Jin can be anything but Mary Sue. Each time he had "his moment" it was written in such an underwhelming way that he gained quite a lot of critic. His death required anti-plot armor to happen, there were so many holes in the entire broken shore scenario that it could pretend to be a cheese.

if he would be Mary Sue then he could do anything without any errors. But in MoP a lot of bad stuff happened to him, and Legion continued this tradition by ultimately killing him.

And I'm not happy to learn that again his development happened off-screen. Seems that with his case Blizz refuses to learn.
    In fairness development off screen is a common problem with a few characters. Vol'jin is just another one of them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    In fairness development off screen is a common problem with a few characters. Vol'jin is just another one of them.
    The problem is that 90% of Vol'jin's development took place off-screen. Except standing against Garrosh and the Zandalari in Cata.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    I thought so too while first looking at the fat troll, but then I thought, there's so many lazy rich trolls in Zandalar, that have been sitting on their a**es for quite some time now, doing nothing but 'being important' and bossing people around, so in the case of a Zandalari it may actually fit. I still can't imagine having a fat Darksprear, however. I don't think they were able to afford getting fat so far. ^^
    The difference between Troll and Human society is that even when the first gets more "sophisticated", it still values strength in all its forms and scorns weakness in the harshest of ways. Becoming a fat-ass in a similar society would probably guarantee to have your soul used to power some spirit golem up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I agree, but He is one of the biggest offenders. We were always told that he can do XYZ, and he is meant to be DFG, but we witnessed either opposite or very little of that.
    It's hard to cheer for character if he didn't have enough of screentime and meaningful development. He received a book and afterwards he was killed. Which made you feel like it was a completely wasted material, like - what was the point of it.

Vol'Jin was meant to be vesself of Loa's will, not just Bwonsamdi. And in Legion he is killed there was no Loa intervention to at least warn him or anything, and there was no word of him, other than Gul'Dan braggin on how he was disposed. In Varian case we came to save Goldrin as it went to sulk back in Emerald dream because his champ died.

Varian received so much attention and detailed approach so his death actually had an impact and it was sensible. Vol'Jin was cast aside and it only meant that Darkspears lost their racial leader. that was literally the only thing that got affected with Vol'Jin's death. As Sylv becoming Warchief in Legion was so needless and unnecessary because there was nothing in Legion that she had to do which required this position.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Well, it seems like Grom is the leader of the AU Orcs now “Our people remained united under the leadership of Grommash Hellscream. One tribe. The mag'har.” Unless it’s referring to the past tense and WoD underwent a lengthy time skip and its, say, 100s of years ahead of us.
    Last edited by Ningjinq; 2018-03-23 at 02:21 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Well, it seems like Grom is the leader of the AU Orcs now “Our people remained united under the leadership of Grommash Hellscream. One tribe. The mag'har.”
    "Iron Horde was just a prank bro."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The difference between Troll and Human society is that even when the first gets more "sophisticated", it still values strength in all its forms and scorns weakness in the harshest of ways. Becoming a fat-ass in a similar society would probably guarantee to have your soul used to power some spirit golem up.
    This is something that much of the "Fat-Hating" segment of society doesn't seem to understand:

Big and fat people are often STRONG. Yeah, we've got the "Only runs to the Dinner Table" joke in movies and the "Can't get up a flight of stairs" running gag. But fat people have to move their weight around. And while that weight -is- distributed across the body, it's still heavy enough to build some muscles underneath that layer of lipids.

My mother, love her to bits, is 6'6" and 500+lbs. She's been disabled with extreme arthritis and bone-issues since I was a little kid. When I was 16 I was 6'0" tall and as my father called it "Freak Strong" 'cause I was skinny but still surprisingly strong. One day she was berating me while sitting in her recliner and I made the mistake of rolling my eyes while I was within arms reach of her. She grabbed my arm and with one swift yank I was dragged about 7 feet as she swung her arm around and threw me onto the couch to give me a much sterner talking to.

I had tried to resist the pull the second her hand made contact with my left arm. I was using all my strength and I was around 180lbs at the time (right around 'ideal weight' for my height). Nope. YOINK. Like she was snatching a doily off of a table.

And she was -disabled- and fat. She couldn't walk more than 50 steps at a time before needing to rest, and could only do so with extreme pain. This is not a woman who got any kind of meaningful exercise for the 10-12 years between becoming disabled and yanking my ass through the air like a rag-doll.

So yeah... Fat people are stronger than you think. ACTIVE fat people are fucking MIGHTY.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, it seems like Grom is the leader of the AU Orcs now “Our people remained united under the leadership of Grommash Hellscream. One tribe. The mag'har.” Unless it’s referring to the past tense and WoD underwent a lengthy time skip and its, say, 100s of years ahead of us.
    I don't get why they call themselves the mag'har.
    Why is the title of "uncorrupted" important in AU Draenor where not being green is the norm?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

The more DID and Mag’har stuff that keeps hitting Alpha certainly makes it seem like they are coming early on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Why is the title of "uncorrupted" important in AU Draenor where not being green is the norm?
    Probably since they still encountered those that sided with demons and the like.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Gul’dan’s fel Iron Horde certainly would’ve brought a cultural teams even if it was a short amount of time. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to assume it would leave its mark for eternity.

I’m sure just about every country irl has had their culture shaped by wars that happened 100s of years ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    The more DID and Mag’har stuff that keeps hitting Alpha certainly makes it seem like they are coming early on.
    I assume the Dark Iron and the Mag'har are coming with the pre-patch while Zandalari and Kul Tiran will be unlocked once you finish the main quests and reach level 120

7+ Year Old Account
    maghar means uncorrupted in orchish, so they can call themselves like that

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused as to why the Mag'har -are- Uncorrupted.

Thrall's entire Clan, the Frost Wolves, refused to drink the blood of Mannoroth. But so potent was the Fel Curse that Gul'dan had placed upon their race with the consumption of the Blood that Thrall/Go'el was -born- Green. A sign that the corruption would affect all future generations of Orcs, even those who stood against Gul'dan.

Well... Gul'dan still corrupted shittons of Orcs with the blood of Demons. When Grommash was pushed aside and crucified the Orcs nearly -dove- into the Fel Blood to get corrupted and gain the power it would give them.

So why aren't all the kids of the Draenorcs Green?
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Where btw is wowhead getting the idea that reincarnated Zul is mythic only?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    So yeah... Fat people are stronger than you think. ACTIVE fat people are fucking MIGHTY.
    Oh please, now don't turn this into a freaking social propaganda. We're talking of ruthless, fantasy societies characterized by archaic cultures and mindsets compared to modern western societies. Your progressive opinion regarding fat people hardly matters to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    So why aren't all the kids of the Draenorcs Green?
    I think that's because all the clans (sans Frostwolf and MAYBE Whiteclaw) entered the Blood Pact, which results in a larger corruption on the whole race.
    Not to mention the Frostwolves hanged around fel-infused orcs for far too long that even they got green skin in the end.

In AU Draenor, the Fel infused Orcs were dispatched relatively quickly and maybe it didn't spread enough for all the orcs to get green skinned.

This is something that much of the "Fat-Hating" segment of society doesn't seem to understand:

Big and fat people are often STRONG. Yeah, we've got the "Only runs to the Dinner Table" joke in movies and the "Can't get up a flight of stairs" running gag. But fat people have to move their weight around. And while that weight -is- distributed across the body, it's still heavy enough to build some muscles underneath that layer of lipids.
    What many also forget is that the cheap and easily available food you have in industrial countries today is a quite recent development. Not to long ago you had to have either physical or political strength to get that.

“Seventy five norgabytes of every existing chemical compound.
    And nine hundred fifty billion norgabytes of musical playlists and self-portrait images.”

M.O.T.H.E.R is such a great boss. So many great quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    OMG Balance Druids Flap is gone but soth and hibernation are back. What a bad trade. I want my flap back ;(
    Flap got some serious work out in suramar in legion RIP flap you were loved.