10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I think you mean Elves are monster Trolls.
    No, it's the other way around.

#Elvesforpresident
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    They're monster elves. And elves don't get fat.
    Those poor malformed trolls lost their tusks and grew additional fingers.

They even have to wear boots becuase their feet are weak
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

5+ Year Old Account
    What the hell is even going on here?

To me, the issue is as simple as the idea of how strange it'd be to see a fat elf. We understand that elves simply don't get fat. Blood Elves in Silvermoon can live a very relaxed and decadent life, and still never pack on weight.

Trolls are essentially just monster elves. They have the connection to nature and natural spirits, but it's more savage. They have their ways with woodwork and climbing through trees. They favor fighting from a distance. It goes on.

Blood Elves don't Eat unless they want to taste something. They don't drink. Or Sleep. Or even Breathe.

They get their entire sustenance from the Sunwell.

That's why elves don't get fat.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I think you mean Elves are monster Trolls.
    I'm not speaking in the context of just WoW, but in the context of archetypes in general. Trolls are the ancient fading civilization, and so on. In WoW, their connections to the Elves grew even stronger. They have the same kind of Gods. Trolls are the monster version of elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    I feel like everyone here is invited in the alpha, except me

I haven't been as well, but I'm not sad. actually I feel great about it!
    I have so many alts, that I prefer do learn the story while leveling for real and with a progression that won't be deleted, instead of being on a testing server.

I'm not speaking in the context of just WoW, but in the context of archetypes in general. Trolls are the ancient fading civilization, and so on. In WoW, their connections to the Elves grew even stronger. They have the same kind of Gods. Trolls are the monster version of elves.
    I was just being sarcastic mostly and parodying how popular Elves are (though let’s not derail the thread on Elves please)

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Blood Elves don't Eat unless they want to taste something. They don't drink. Or Sleep. Or even Breathe.

They get their entire sustenance from the Sunwell.

That's why elves don't get fat.
    They still have to eat. It's only the Nightborne that did anything where they got all their sustenance from that. Besides, what you're saying just makes it clearer that Blood Elves would get fat if they had even the slightest tendencies towards it. Every bite would be excess calories that they couldn't easily burn off. And with their parties, they'd have excess calories.

Clearly, getting fat isn't in elvish nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Fat = Disabled, now?
    I mean, depends? "Being fat" is quite generic. If it's just about getting a bit of fat here and there of course not, but strong forms of obesity can deliver various kinds of disability, depending from the form in question. They can be really minor, barely significant hindrances, in other cases they can be pretty major.

Through most of human history, being fat was a symbol of power. It meant you had enough to GET fat. It wasn't a sign of weakness, it was a sign of power.
    This became true when human society got more sophisticated, when wealth and political influence became just as important (and eventually much more important) than martial and physical prowess. Now, good luck applying the same perspective to Orc and Troll societies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Oh please, now don't turn this into a freaking social propaganda. We're talking of ruthless, fantasy societies characterized by archaic cultures and mindsets compared to modern western societies. Your progressive opinion regarding fat people hardly matters to them.
    I find it funny that you mentioned the "archaic" mindset of these fantasy cultures as to why a fat troll would be discriminated against (golem fuel), as if half this thread doesn't have that same archaic mindset. Just seems a little lacking in self awareness.

Glad that Blizzard isn't being illogical by bending to people who are complaining about this and Kul Tirans bodies, though.

5+ Year Old Account
    They still have to eat. It's only the Nightborne that did anything where they got all their sustenance from that. Besides, what you're saying just makes it clearer that Blood Elves would get fat if they had even the slightest tendencies towards it. Every bite would be excess calories that they couldn't easily burn off. And with their parties, they'd have excess calories.

Clearly, getting fat isn't in elvish nature.
    You're right. I went back and checked. The benefit they get from the Sunwell is "Like" eating or breathing.

... what -that- means is anyone's guess...

Deleted
    Fat = Disabled, now?

Through most of human history, being fat was a symbol of power. It meant you had enough to GET fat. It wasn't a sign of weakness, it was a sign of power.

Only in the last 200 years has that changed, mostly due to the increased availability of high calorie foods.

So, your "Realistic Perspective" was just a load of bullshit. It represents your personal perspective being shoehorned into the story. Your -very- modern ideas of what is or isn't "Strong".

Meanwhile the physical mechanics of being an active fat person shit -allllll- over that idea. So. Y'know.

You're incredibly wrong and hiding behind politics. And then referencing physical disabilities as an example of why fat people would be shamed or even killed.

Like... No, friendo.
    my god can you for once stop taking things so personally? you are one of the most annoying posters in here. and also can -you-, -please-, -like-, -stop-, -writing-, -like-, -that-? so fucking annoying

Infracted
    Last edited by Venara; 2018-03-23 at 04:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    [Citation Needed]

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    I find it funny that you mentioned the "archaic" mindset of these fantasy cultures as to why a fat troll would be discriminated against (golem fuel), as if half this thread doesn't have that same archaic mindset. Just seems a little lacking in self awareness.

Glad that Blizzard isn't being illogical by bending to people who are complaining about this and Kul Tirans bodies, though.
    Complaining about what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

You're right. I went back and checked. The benefit they get from the Sunwell is "Like" eating or breathing.

... what -that- means is anyone's guess...
    It means it's like a vital nutrient to them. Like Vitamin D. They'll get scurvy without enough of it. Or was that another Vitamin deficiency? I forgot the right word. The one where your bones get all bendy. Rickets!
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2018-03-23 at 04:01 PM.

Scurvy is lack of Vitamin C IIRC.

This became true when human society got more sophisticated, when wealth and political influence became just as important (and eventually much more important) than martial and physical prowess. Now, good luck applying the same perspective to Orc and Troll societies.
    It's particularly common in societies where getting fat is hard. In fact, the harder it is, the more of a status symbol it becomes.

And human society reached that level of sophisticiation thousands of years ago. Fat not being a sign of wealth is a development of the last century that hasn't even reached the entire world yet.

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean, depends? "Being fat" is quite generic. If it's just about getting a bit of fat here and there of course not, but strong forms of obesity can deliver various kinds of disability, depending from the form in question. They can be really minor, barely significant hindrances, in other cases they can be pretty major.

Orcs and Trolls live in a violent and volatile culture, sure. But they've also got writing that they all, or almost all, understand. They've got laws and codes of honor, they've got steel (and better) weapons. Catapults and war-wagons and more. The Trolls have, essentially, Aztec Rome. A world-exploring seafaring highly stratified society based almost entirely on a religiously enforced Caste System (with the actual gods present in the world!)

So. We can see parallels with Earth and some -significant- divergences. Either of us can extrapolate but you're going to do it based on your perspective and I'm going to do it on my perspective. So let's split the difference:

We see a big fat woman bedecked in regalia and finery. Based on that evidence, we can say that she, whether fat or not, is an important or powerful person. Or at least very wealthy. Perhaps her position within the Caste Society of the Zandalari protects her from being killed? Who can say.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

To me, the issue is as simple as the idea of how strange it'd be to see a fat elf. We understand that elves simply don't get fat. Blood Elves in Silvermoon can live a very relaxed and decadent life, and still never pack on weight.

Trolls are essentially just monster elves. They have the connection to nature and natural spirits, but it's more savage. They have their ways with woodwork and climbing through trees. They favor fighting from a distance. It goes on.

You've obviously never seen the fat elf RPers in Silvermoon. Chubby ones I could see as maybe being a possibility, if they're the sort that eats cakes and candy all the time with very little physical activity, but the outright fat ones boggle my mind, short of using alchemy to make themselves that way, or being into *shudder* vore.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    my god can you for once stop taking things so personally? you are one of the most annoying posters in here. and also can -you-, -please-, -like-, -stop-, -writing-, -like-, -that-? so fucking annoying
    Your projection is powerful. At no point in my post did I "Take it personally" or talk about being offended or whatever.

And if you don't like my typing style, just throw me on Ignore. 'Cause it's how I communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    [Citation Needed]
    Blood of the Highborne. Chapter 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it really that important if a pixel character is thin or fat? They aren't real.....they aren't going to walk up the stairs and not be able to catch their breath. I just don't get the back and forth about being fat and why/how...ect. Kind of like the thread in the official forums this morning......some vegan saying they were disgusted by having to kill animals and making soup. Okay...you don't agree with it.....don't log on...pretty simple.

I wouldn't in any way or form call trolls "monster elves" like what the kek?

Trolls predate elves so it's the elves that are mutation of trolls and imo downgrade of them. They're physically smaller, they lost regeneration and in some cases their life was dependent on access to mana. Their entire power came only from wells. The only boom they had was their lifespan extended, and I guess they can easily read during night time because of glowing dioda eyes. xD
    I miss Mists of Pandaria