Tonight's episode was meh.

Got a bit of back story on Negan and that's really the only highlight of the show.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I disagree, the actors are pretty inferior and the plot relies even more on the “derp factor”… I mean, Madison is an entire new kind of dumb.
    I’d agree the actors are bad but I think the walking dead does the dumb thing more with say Lori crashing the only car on the road or rick going back with Shane after he tried to kill him ect.

just saw this on the walkingdead.wikia page and couldn't help but wonder...

Scott M. Gimple stated that Season 9 will be a stark contrast to previous seasons.
    so... by that statement that means that season 9 will be the complete opposite (for those who can't be bothered to look up what stark contrast means) of what season 8 is, so meaning that season 9 will actually be interesting and have some sort of plot??? this i've gotta see XD

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Well ya, the season will be over after episode 16
    Lol Negan doesn't die. They eventually put him in a prison cell and he ends up helping during the whisperer way and getting exiled. Well, at least in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by mbg View Post
    Lol Negan doesn't die. They eventually put him in a prison cell and he ends up helping during the whisperer way and getting exiled. Well, at least in the comics.
    Seeing how from what I have read Carl plays a big part in the whisperer story and now hes dead. Who knows if Season 9 will have them or Negan since now Carl is dead.

Really wish they would announce season 9 is the series final. I'm checking out after this season.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing beats Madison as far stupidity goes.
    I don’t know if tie her with Lori but Lori atleast has the grace to die so Madison is proabbly worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Seeing how from what I have read Carl plays a big part in the whisperer story and now hes dead. Who knows if Season 9 will have them or Negan since now Carl is dead.

Really wish they would announce season 9 is the series final. I'm checking out after this season.
    I could some what see the next arc going ahead with Daryl taking Carl’s place. That would be horribly stupid so I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Yeah, Carl is dead, but they will change it around a bit. I am willing to give it another season because scott gimple will no longer be the show runner, so I'm hoping the new showrunner is better. She did one of my favorite episodes of the series. The one with Morgan and the goat.

Deleted
    Nothing beats Madison as far stupidity goes.
    the problem with that show was it seemed to follow the same formula as a bunch of other shows with promise that ended up shite. Falling skies 'lets put a family of douchebags in an alien invasion and center the show around personal drama and how the family feels', Colony 'lets put a family of douchebags in an alien invasion and center the show around personal drama and how the family feels', FTWD 'lets put a family of douchebags in an zombie invasion and center the show around personal drama and how the family feels'.

It feels like the shows are written by the same people with exactly the same main plots and side plots give or take an interpretation.

I kept wondering where Gregory was as he's neither with the group who stayed or left. Was he the one that Negan found on the road near the end?

The episode itself is meh. I liked the Negan/Jadis scenes but they went by so fast, they did to many boring scenes at the Hilltop instead. I liked that they brought back that helicopter. I kinda wished that the kid died or that Carol had to finish him off after being bitten or something. The Rick & Morgan plot felt very predictable as its obvious that all the saviours would die anyway. But it was unexpecting how easily Rick and Morgan turned on the Saviours who wanted to come with them.

Quote Originally Posted by mbg View Post
    I'm aware? I don't understand why you quoted me for that .

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I could some what see the next arc going ahead with Daryl taking Carl’s place. That would be horribly stupid so I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.
    Urrrggg that's likely how they will handle it. They have already shown that one character who won't die is Daryl even tho he should have a billion times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I don’t know if tie her with Lori but Lori atleast has the grace to die so Madison is proabbly worse.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno. Daryl is a bit too old. I think that it may be the kid that morgan and carol were trying to keep from killing the guy that killed his brother. But with those ladies from last week that did the whole record trade thing. They may even just skip the 'Whisperer War' and move on to the new group from the comics where Michone finds out that her kid is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post

so... by that statement that means that season 9 will be the complete opposite (for those who can't be bothered to look up what stark contrast means) of what season 8 is, so meaning that season 9 will actually be interesting and have some sort of plot??? this i've gotta see XD
    Hopefully it will be a more positive theme where people aren´t all assholes and murderers. I personally liked the ´building´ episodes like early Alexandria and the Prison. I would like to see the show return to ´us against the zombies/disease´ and maybe have some more backstory about how the disease started. I really don´see how they can just do yet another ´big war´.. with another new bad group. I hope commonwealth is like Alexandria on steriods.

I was pretty surprised Rick and Morgan just turned on the Saviours like that. As stupid as it sounds I didn't see that coming, I thought it will be another "we wanted to go on a killing spree but once again we realised that friendship is magic" kind of shit.

Kinda hoped the kid would just be found dead in the forest, lame he was all good.

who the fuck doesn't know what contrast means

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjokes View Post
    I'd say both of you don't.

"Stark contrast" actually means "very different from," not "the complete opposite of" though it can mean that. In the same way that a square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't a square.

Neon Pink, for example, is a stark contrast to Navy Blue. But it's not even remotely the complete opposite of it.
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Scratch View Post
    I'd say both of you don't.

"Stark contrast" actually means "very different from," not "the complete opposite of" though it can mean that. In the same way that a square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't a square.

Neon Pink, for example, is a stark contrast to Navy Blue. But it's not even remotely the complete opposite of it.
    tbh anything that's not written by Gimple is the complete opposite, and besides like you said, it "can" mean the opposite. and btw if it wasn't "A" definition of stark contrast then it wouldn't be in the dictionary would it? =)

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjokes View Post
    out of all that i posted, you comment on that?? everyone's a critic XD

The new showrunner angela kang has been working on the latest few eps like ep 13 "Do Not Send Us Astray"

So people holding out for fresh hope with a new showrunner next season I wouldnt hold my breath judging by her quality "work" on the latest eps

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The new showrunner angela kang has been working on the latest few eps like ep 13 "Do Not Send Us Astray"

So people holding out for fresh hope with a new showrunner next season I wouldnt hold my breath judging by her quality "work" on the latest eps
    true.... but for all we know that she was working with the stuff that gimple left for her to do or trying to salvage what has been a really shit season

10+ Year Old Account
    true.... but for all we know that she was working with the stuff that gimple left for her to do or trying to salvage what has been a really shit season
    I agree but the last two episodes were tolerable and not bad tbh compare to the entire of season 7 (excluding the first episode of the that season).