Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I love it when random nobodies think they can declare what does and doesn't belong in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I think all of these anthropomorphic 'new' races already feel kind of shoehorned into WoW's story, and Vulpera are no different.
    It's not the same thing as Void Elves or Highmountain Tauren -- different ethnicities/backgrounds of an already known race.

We're supposed to believe there are still more as-yet undiscovered civilizations, full of sentient and intelligent beings? We've seen the planet from space, there should be no "unknown lands" where these people come from. That's just poor storytelling.

I'd much rather see them as quasi-intelligent NPCs; a small population of creatures with less-than 'normal' humanoid intelligence. That at least makes them fit into the story. It isn't some civilization, it's just a nomadic species of animal indigenous to that part of the world.

Deleted
    Yeah and we're not even talking the easter egg Pandaren in the Blood Elf campaign where you unlock a Pandaren brewmaster as a special unit if you gain access to and complete a secret level (which was a tower defense mini-game).

Founding of Ogrimmar campaign...right there...Chen Stormstout is called by name and helps out the Horde in getting their major city up and running. Hell he wasn't even some bit part player either, he takes place in the attack on Theramore and helps fight Admiral Proudmoore. Way back in Vanilla you could even find his empty kegs scattered across the Barrens before the Cata update.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Not really. I think all of these anthropomorphic 'new' races already feel kind of shoehorned into WoW's story, and Vulpera are no different.
    It's not the same thing as Void Elves or Highmountain Tauren -- different ethnicities/backgrounds of an already known race.

We're supposed to believe there are still more as-yet undiscovered civilizations, full of sentient and intelligent beings? We've seen the planet from space, there should be no "unknown lands" where these people come from. That's just poor storytelling.

I'd much rather see them as quasi-intelligent NPCs; a small population of creatures with less-than 'normal' humanoid intelligence. That at least makes them fit into the story. It isn't some civilization, it's just a nomadic species of animal indigenous to that part of the world.
    Actually if you look the devs were VERY careful with what you got to see from space, the planet is tilted in such a way you can't see the lower half of it, plus even that has minor problems like Quel'danas is completely missing from the globe for example. The area we're going to now wouldn't actually show up on that globe, it's too far south from what I can tell, as is Pandaria.

Remember globes have a habit of only being relevant for that particular expansion. in WotLK the globes did not show either the Isles of Pandaria or the Broken Isles. Hell vanilla versions of those globes didn't show Northrend for a while
    Last edited by mmoc9b5519b95e; 2018-04-04 at 02:23 AM.

sure

cute foxes are better than le british top hat wearing furries

Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    I see you still don't understand the point. It's like if whoever owns LotR decided to add magical anime girls into LotR. Would it not look completely fucking retarded? Because it would and would ruin the franchise.
    You don't know who Tolkien is?

Hell, if anime existed back then I wouldn't doubt Tolkien taking some inspiration from it. The guy was a genius at worldbuilding but he definitely took a lot of things directly from Norse Mythology and random things around him (Frodo was literally based on one of his children's toys).

Not to mention Tolkien didn't shy away from strange creatures in his stories. In Beren and Luthien there's literally a giant, sapient friendly wolfdog and Tom Bombadil literally runs into badger people.

Vulpera do not fit the Horde's theme or aesthetic no matter how much you repeat "lel shamanism n shieet bruh", and it'll just be further proof Blizzard is done putting effort into the game.
    I definitely agree that Blizzard is putting less effort in some areas of the game, but far more unhappy with the fact that the tauren and trolls seem to be condoning the burning of Teldrassil and the use of Blight than some animal race.

Blizzard has established for quite some time that any Wild God can give rise to a race which means that potentially there could be an infinite number of animalistic races. Raptor people? Gonk. Panther people? Shirvallah. Tiger people? Xuen. And so on and so forth.

Blizzard may have even set out an outline for vulpera all the way back in the early 2000s in The Sundering book where there is a fox ancient described with a Gnomish visage alongside a turtle-like ancient.
    Look, it's the sperg with a big mouth. Go back to Tumblr.

The old Blizzard would of never added retarded Vulpera or pandas into the game, but the original devs are gone and the game keeps going downhill. I'm sure dumb decisions like this have nothing to do with that, right?
    Pandaren have been around since Warcraft 3 and we're heavily alluded to in Vanilla as well appearing in official Blizzard art and being featured as a playable race alongside naga in the WoW table-top RPG.

People have also been requesting pandaren since Vanilla, even back in TBC, a lot of people speculated that pandaren would be the next Alliance playable race. In fact, during an interview, Metzen outrighted stated that pandaren originally were planned for TBC and that introducing the pandaren has always been something they have wanted to do in WoW.
    Supposedly, a gaming magazine was brought to Blizzard's offices in the fall of 2005 to view the The Burning Crusade expansion pack for the first time. There were dozens of posters and artwork depicting the pandaren as the new Alliance race. A so-called pandaren screenshot was also leaked, but was eventually dismissed as fake after the draenei were announced. Other gaming sources stated that when "mentioning the ex-April-Fool's-joke Pandaren Empire to Blizzard staff got a surprisingly cagey response..." Blizzard would not confirm or deny these rumors directly until BlizzCon 2011, when Chris Metzen confirmed during an interview with Direct TV that the pandaren were indeed the original Alliance race for The Burning Crusade, but about halfway through the development of BC they were replaced with the draenei.[3] In light of this revelation, the pandaren screenshot might have a been legit leak.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/History_of...en_in_Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Stop projecting your inner desires into the Vulperas and accept the race as Vulperas.

Also, the fish displays human behavious. That's enough for the classification.
    That's just fucking moronic. What's with this trend? Someone disagrees with you and all of a sudden he's projecting. What a sham.

If the Vulpera were an established race with an active lore across the game, or at even with a minor presence at all, then I wouldn't argue. It would still be furry fap material, but at least their existence is justified. But nothing of the above exist. The race itself is not event mildly interesting aside being cute and of course representing fap material for the mentioned degenerates. So please, kindly tell me, why am I supposed to just be ok with this when the Horde still does not have some of it's more iconic races playable, like the ogres.

I've dealt with furries plenty of times on the internet and face to face to recognize the typical aggressiveness displayed by this minority which triggers when people do not recognize you as a "normal" fetish calling this ... attraction a sickness, and I'm seeing it right here, right now. Awfully coincidental.

You want your freaky fap material, fine. Get it, but after we get races that are more than that. Races that exist in the lore and bring something to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They're fantasy races in a fantasy game.

Sorry, I don't buy into the infantile "but this is more acceptable and THIS IS NOT!!!!!"-attitude. World of Warcraft has always had silly, funny, pretty races, people concerned with that clinging onto the Vulpera as the number 1 transgressor might want to check the Gnomes first.
    I know that they're fantasy races in a fantasy game, that's obvious.
    But I was referring to your post about comparing Vulpera and Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    It's a little late to hop on that train cause Warcraft has had cute things here and there since what, 2004 with the release of WoW?
    That's not the reason to follow the same mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yes, WARcraft. A deadly and serious game!

Such a bullshit argument.
    Just as bullshit as this is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    *logs off giant bipedal cow to check mail on goblin with Jersey accent before buying consumables to tank a raid on 3' tall gnome*

Yes, i trully do want vulpera as an allied race, and this is why:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    Blizzard already announced playable 2 headed ogres back in 2004. They're just slow implementing them
    I believe that the Ogre race is almost a must for Allied Races, so they will come sooner or later. The question is, will the two headed version come live as well, or not.

Deleted
    I wouldn`t play one myslef but why not, i don`t rly mind if they add lots of different races into the game. They can do what ever they want to make the game "larger" and more interesting to different ppl. Pluss, they are adding classic servers so the basic model of wow will always be there to play for the ones who don`t like new races, expansions, lore etc. The game has to move on, even if the concept runs around in circles and haters say it`s "rehashed content" then they are atleast adding something into it.

I don't have any problem if the race itself has a build up before they become playable. Like Zandalari Trolls or Iron Dwarfs. Even new races can be found/discovered, but they need to have background to understand why nobody knew abotu them.
    But Vulpera? A nomadic race, that survives with trades...and nobody knows anything about them? Not even the explorer's league? Travelers didn't see something strange about them?
    Blizzard needs to take care about their world.

P.D: One of the things that I loved back in vanilla was Uldum's doors. They didn't have anything (just 2 elites and some furbolgs), but you know that behind that door, there was something (they fucked later with that zone, but that's another thing).
    P.D2:I don't like Pandarens, but their implementation was really good from my pov. They explained why, where and when, that's what I want for every race.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinduffen View Post
    sure

cute foxes are better than le british top hat wearing furries
    I hate cute characters, and I hate cute races even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    The old Blizzard would of never added retarded Vulpera or pandas into the game, but the original devs are gone and the game keeps going downhill. I'm sure dumb decisions like this have nothing to do with that, right?
    There! See what you type? This is proof that you don't know crap about WoW and you're a complete idiot.

You're calling everyone else wrong, when clearly you know you're the only one thats wrong. Vulpera fit in WoW like how Worgen, taurans, pandas, Gnoll (hyenas), Saberon (big cats), Taskarr (walruses) and other non-human anthropoid races that's already present in Azeroth. Just because you have a problem with them doesn't mean we can't have them for ourselves.

Either accept them with open arms, or go play RIFT, you moron!
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

Deleted
    Yes i want vulpera to be playable. I might not play one but there seems to be a lot of people who want to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    That's just fucking moronic. What's with this trend? Someone disagrees with you and all of a sudden he's projecting. What a sham.

If the Vulpera were an established race with an active lore across the game, or at even with a minor presence at all, then I wouldn't argue. It would still be furry fap material, but at least their existence is justified. But nothing of the above exist. The race itself is not event mildly interesting aside being cute and of course representing fap material for the mentioned degenerates. So please, kindly tell me, why am I supposed to just be ok with this when the Horde still does not have some of it's more iconic races playable, like the ogres.

I've dealt with furries plenty of times on the internet and face to face to recognize the typical aggressiveness displayed by this minority which triggers when people do not recognize you as a "normal" fetish calling this ... attraction a sickness, and I'm seeing it right here, right now. Awfully coincidental.

You want your freaky fap material, fine. Get it, but after we get races that are more than that. Races that exist in the lore and bring something to the game.
    you're the same type of person that ruins and stagnates franchises with your silly notion that something cant be added without established lore.

This is a video game, every single damn thing in it is made up from nothing. New things will be added, they dont require previously stated lore to be so and your opinion is just silly on the matter.

They live in Vol'dun on Zandalar, an area we've never experianced before or explored, they also clearly have no concept of nautical travel, hence it makes perfect sense that we've never run into them before, or even mentions of them. Zandalari trolls probably knew of them, but Zandalari only care about the Zandalari and would most likely see the race as insignificant at best.

Also, freaky fap material? The 4 variations of elves with near non-existent underwear isnt in this category how? Please, stop making a fool of yourself and act like a damn adult.

You dont like the Vulpera? Great, dont play one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    I don't have any problem if the race itself has a build up before they become playable. Like Zandalari Trolls or Iron Dwarfs. Even new races can be found/discovered, but they need to have background to understand why nobody knew abotu them.
    But Vulpera? A nomadic race, that survives with trades...and nobody knows anything about them? Not even the explorer's league? Travelers didn't see something strange about them?
    Blizzard needs to take care about their world.

P.D: One of the things that I loved back in vanilla was Uldum's doors. They didn't have anything (just 2 elites and some furbolgs), but you know that behind that door, there was something (they fucked later with that zone, but that's another thing).
    P.D2:I don't like Pandarens, but their implementation was really good from my pov. They explained why, where and when, that's what I want for every race.
    They do not have ships, Zandalar is an island, and up until recently, off limits for outsiders. How exactly would anyone know of them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Until I see them with animations different from goblins, I'm not convinced.
    Other allied races gets away with sharing animations/skeleton for obvious reasons, but Vulpera's only similarity with goblins is their stature. Until Vulpera gets some unique animations I'll consider them as an NPC allied race similar to the Jinyu and Hozen.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    There! See what you type? This is proof that you don't know crap about WoW and you're a complete idiot.

You're calling everyone else wrong, when clearly you know you're the only one thats wrong. Vulpera fit in WoW like how Worgen, taurans, pandas, Gnoll (hyenas), Saberon (big cats), Taskarr (walruses) and other non-human anthropoid races that's already present in Azeroth. Just because you have a problem with them doesn't mean we can't have them for ourselves.

Either accept them with open arms, or go play RIFT, you moron!
    Except all of those other races aren’t supposedly being shoehorned in as a playable race and existed prior. Tauren and Worgen are Minotaur and Werewolves, staples of folklore and mythology. Tauren have existed since W3 and Worgen have existed since Vanilla. Pandas at least had some presence in Warcraft 3, regardless of how dumb they are. Vulpera are pure furrybait foxes that aren’t based on anything in folklore/mythology and have zero lore. No, they don’t fit and the fact that you think they’re in the same league as werewolves and Minotaurs is laughable.

Have fun with your hamfisted furry fetish race.
    Last edited by Dravec; 2018-04-04 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Until I see them with animations different from goblins, I'm not convinced.
    Other allied races gets away with sharing animations/skeleton for obvious reasons, but Vulpera's only similarity with goblins is their stature. Until Vulpera gets some unique animations I'll consider them as an NPC allied race similar to the Jinyu and Hozen.
    They already have different animations then the Goblins. Casting, sleeping, wake-up, running, etc...
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post

1 - Ogre is material for a Race, not for a lame Allied Race. Their glory needs a new rig, not some rehash.

2 - So, you are a angry poster, who dealed with the most degenerated type of furries plenty of times, and you yourself consider the Vulpera to be fap material. You need a mirror. People want Vulpera for the most different reasons, yet you keep yelling "Guys, caution! It's fap material"? You can be weird as much as you want, but stop thinking that everyone else is like you.

3 - It's a good race visually. It's a little fox humanoid, which the horde does not have in any fashion. I'll create one, call him Mccloud, and gank people in Kul'tiras.

Yes. I want to drink in the tears of those who don't want them.