Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    breaking news: pve snowflakes are mad coz they are weak and got ganked

maybe I could take these threads more seriously if they weren't full of people that don't even play PvP but somehow feel the need to tell PvP players how they're supposed to play the game. Is it because PvP players threaten your sense of pride and accomplishment?

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember the days you wouldn't be able to level in STV and you had to logout and call the day because horde or ally were teaming up killing people, so in world defence channel opposite faction would call for help. It was full of fun and challenges. Today game is full of crybabies.

You can litteraly fly and can lvl without even seeing the sunlight(dungeons) or questing-exploring. You get killed few times by a higher level player and you get stressed and annoyed?

To people like this i recommend to check out the name of the game they play.
    A very cool signature text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    I actually let out a loud "hah" when reading that.

Don't know if that's some deep cryptosarcasm that my mind cannot comprehend - or they're simply really that out of touch.

Who logs into the game and thinks "yes, today I feel like getting shat on by some random guy(s) without a chance of fighting back".
    Sooo ... mad cause bad?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    I'm going to preface this with a 'wat' and a 'why' and bring in a quote from the front page here.

So, right. Why do people avoid PvP, exactly? It couldn't be the fact that PvP in this game can be intoxicating without the other party even trying to be toxic. This lack of awareness is almost fucking legendary, honestly. The idea that they don't know after a decade of PvP servers, /pvp toggle and shoehorning WPvP into almost every expansion why people tend to avoid PvP is fucking laughable.
    Of course some players do not like PvP. I honestly fail to see how they don't know, but it's because it involves A) Fighting against a player (which has more skills, health, mobility than any sort of mob, AI or not) B) Taking time away from what they were already doing in the open world (they act like there suddenly isn't enough to do, again.) and C) The lack of reward for actually successfully engaging and killing another player is just astonishingly bad for anyone not looking to get a quick dose of dopamine and adrenaline.

They couldn't be less aware if they were a turtle inside it's shell inside a box inside a lead crate at the bottom of the Marianas Trench.
    The statement read like it questions the philosophies of competitive/pvp gaming as a whole, not just in the context of WoW. I haven't seen the video where this statement was made (not sure if there is one), but it's vague enough that I'd like more of the context.

We have a system in the game in which we are aware a certain percentage of players primary goal is to make other players miserable.

We are not 100% sure why people do not enjoy said system.

So is this deflection to feign ignorance, a bizarre attempt to steer the conversation to where they want to take it, or is Blizzard actually THAT stupid.

YOU make the call!

There is no reason for the average player to care about PVP outside of mounts.

I could probably write a fucking 1000 word essay on why world pvp is shit and terrible, but it just seems like it should be so obvious to anyone who plays the game on a regular basis that it would be a waste of time. Clearly the devs aren't playing their own game if they can't figure it out.

I could easily name hundreds of different things why people stopped or never started using PVP but let's stick with 3:

a) Balancing PVP has never been something Blizzard was able to do.
    b) Releasing good/decent PVP content has never been their strength too.
    c) As long as you could not use PVP to advance in PVE or vice versa it was useless.

In a game where the importance of content being doable alone becomes more important I would also list

d) Because in PVP you rely a lot more on other players which you do not know and are subject to a highly toxic environment when going random (worse than LFR).

But in general I would stick with:

e) Winning a PVP battle just does not feel rewarding at all in WoW while losing feels deeply frustrating (most likely due to a))

Not speaking of Open World PvP which is a pain in the ass due to severe imbalancing. Try your luck against any tank, able to heal himself, dish out some damage and have great defensive CDs. I look at you Ravenholdt Arena Quest....

Deleted
    Make her blond and she looks like Rebel Wilson :X

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    World PvP is a joke. 99% of the time it's someone better geared/higher level going out of their way to kill people, attacking them at the most advantageous moment possible(eg. when they are not at full health, or fighting something).
    Yep. I leveled a new character just doing the zone invasions. Some dick always feels the need to come up and kill you when they see someone under 110 slowly grinding these mobs down. So to engage in "World PVP" I switch to my main, track them down at one of the invasion quests, and camp them until they just decide to log out. Wastes a good chunk of playtime for the day, but well worth it.

This is all World PVP is. Over-geared players killing under-geared players. Or groups of players camping points where they can gang up on solo players. Still waiting for the day someone equally geared decides to attack me. I'll be waiting on that day a long time from now.

remember those priest+rogue combos stunning and MCing people to jump down the bridges in stormheim?
    yeah, much skill.

i had it happen that i died to a DH before he was visible after using an invis pot, just because the game takes 1-2 seconds to display him after the effect wore off.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not matter how balanced and fun for me classes could be, I will never play PVP more that some battleground from time to time. I have 2 major reasons:

1) PVP community is simply disgusting. Both in forums (where they whine literally 24/7, honestly I NEVER saw someone happy with state of "current" PVP) and in game. I don't know if it's just WoW, looks like game like Overwatch or LoL have similar problem. I guess it's just PVP thing.

2) PVE is miles better. You can find great people and totally cut off from toxic part of community, then you can adjust difficulty of content to your group. And if you're casual (when I see mythic raiders being often so miserable in game, because they must grind or pick less fun build/spec to be competetive, I think it's right way), they is always some challenge ahead of you. Also you completely change your environment every few months (with raids) or 2 years (with dungeons).

And I, as many people, don't really have time to focus on two completely different aspects of game. So sorry PVP, you always will be (very) side content to me.

The thing i care about much more than the state/nature/joy of WPVP:

Going by the current numbers of characters on PvP/PvE the PvP-Shards will be very Horde dominated...which would lead to a situation where the common consesus among players gets: "If you play Horde, turn the flag on and get much better rewards per time-played without the actual risk of ever encountering an enemy player - if you play Alliance, don't bother turning the flag on because you will be GY camped by 3 other players 24/7 and can get nothing done, ever."

I wonder if Blizzard would admit the system is shit and change it IF my prediction becomes the reality.

Have the devs never played on an unbalanced PvP realm? Engaging the enemy when your faction makes up 10% of the server pop is an exercise in futility. As soon as you fight back against one ganker five other people dog-pile you that were just passing by.

That is not my definition of fun PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    breaking news: pve snowflakes are mad coz they are weak and got ganked

maybe I could take these threads more seriously if they weren't full of people that don't even play PvP but somehow feel the need to tell PvP players how they're supposed to play the game. Is it because PvP players threaten your sense of pride and accomplishment?
    Can I tell illiterate people how to read, or would that bother you too?

I think there' be an ol' saying about this...something somthing get gud

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    You do realise the very nature of ganking means that you can rarely do anything about it. How often is a wpvp fight actually a fair/ even one. You could be a great player with good gear/ reaction etc and all it takes is some derp bear to come and kill you, or a caster to land on some building and pillar and just obliterate you. I get that you're trying to trigger people but I would argue if you're having fun at someone else's expense then that fun is toxic to the game as a whole. Organised/ instance PVP is fine because everyone willingly enters and wants to PVP, and PVE is fine because your fun isn't taking away from anyone else's. But when a player has a fresh alt and a good piece pops up on their world map and they just get repeatedly ganked and camped, that's not fun for them.
    The quality of imbalances of world PvP as witnessed in Legion is relatively new (mainly brought to you by broken scaling (itself a result of the increasing division between PvE and PvP balancing), Legiondaries and unwise balance decisions (especially when it comes to tanks)). That's what you get if you disregard the core mechanics of the game while slapping band-aid solutions ontop of everything (and replace them with entirely new ones every expansion). Things like world PvP go down the shitter because they're just collateral damage. I'll be honest with you. I didn't really enjoy world PvP in Legion but it was the most fun you could possibly have (to me at least) in the game up until Legion pre-patch. Ganking isn't the normal scenario when it comes to world PvP. Most of the time it's a 1v1 and sometimes it evolves into bigger skirmishes. The open nature of these fights is what makes it fun. The fact that you can use every tool the game has to offer in order to gain an advantage over your enemy. This freedom can't be found in any other part of the game. Taking it away because you dislike getting ganked (which is pretty unlikely these days) is nonsensical because the game offers you a simple choice at the server selection: PvE or PvP (also you can pretty much level only through dungeons). But to you it's probably not even about getting ganked. You simply dislike (world)PvP and lack the ability to empathize why other people might enjoy it and therefore their fun has to be toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by SwislocK View Post
    I think there' be an ol' saying about this...something somthing get gud
    again, what is there to "get gut" about when being killed in less than 1 second by 3-4 people?

being killed by a single cast that does somewhere between 5 to 10 times your maximum HP in damage in one hit can surely be countered by your "super pvp skills"

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post

This is all World PVP is. Over-geared players killing under-geared players. Or groups of players camping points where they can gang up on solo players. Still waiting for the day someone equally geared decides to attack me. I'll be waiting on that day a long time from now.
    Yep, that's what world pvp is supposed to be, you are playing a MMORPG not a MOBA, it's not supposed to be a equal field.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    The quality of imbalances of world PvP as witnessed in Legion is relatively new (mainly brought to you by broken scaling (itself a result of the increasing division between PvE and PvP balancing), Legiondaries and unwise balance decisions (especially when it comes to tanks)). That's what you get if you disregard the core mechanics of the game while slapping band-aid solutions ontop of everything (and replace them with entirely new ones every expansion). Things like world PvP go down the shitter because they're just collateral damage. I'll be honest with you. I didn't really enjoy world PvP in Legion but it was the most fun you could possibly have (to me at least) in the game up until Legion pre-patch. Ganking isn't the normal scenario when it comes to world PvP. Most of the time it's a 1v1 and sometimes it evolves into bigger skirmishes. The open nature of these fights is what makes it fun. The fact that you can use every tool the game has to offer in order to gain an advantage over your enemy. This freedom can't be found in any other part of the game. Taking it away because you dislike getting ganked (which is pretty unlikely these days) is nonsensical because the game offers you a simple choice at the server selection: PvE or PvP (also you can pretty much level only through dungeons). But to you it's probably not even about getting ganked. You simply dislike (world)PvP and lack the ability to empathize why other people might enjoy it and therefore their fun has to be toxic.
    I completely agree. I miss pre-Legion world PVP when gear made sense and I could kill PVE players in my PVP gear.