Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Explosive shot in BoA

So, Blizzard is keeping Explosive shot as a talent in BfA and my question is then...

Have you regularly used Explosive shot during Legion and will you be using it in BfA if the damage is viable?

(Sorry it says BoA in the title. I cannot change it)
    Last edited by Kaver; 2018-04-07 at 06:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, and no.
    Explosive Shot in Legion is offensive to the memory of the far more enjoyable and useful Explosive Shot of pre-Legion. Even if the damage is viable in BfA, it will not change the fact that the way in which we have to use Explosive Shot is too awkward and unappealing to me to use.

Wtf is BoA?

It's BfA.

And Explosive shot hasn't been good since MoP, so no and no.

7+ Year Old Account
    I initially thought Bind on Account, but I know what you meant
    And no, barely touched it, and I barely will.

Tbh, it would be amazing if it had reverted to the old style Explosive Shot, or even a copy of the KJ trinket where the projectile is fixated to the target.

Explosive shot doesn't even feel like an ability suited for WoW. I'd hate to use it if it was a viable talent. Although I had a use for it when I was levelling 2 hunters this expansion.

I'd like to see MoP surv hunter playstyle again

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Wtf is BoA?

It's BfA.
    And yes, so many people might actually at least learn the name of the expansion already.

And Explosive shot hasn't been good since MoP, so no and no.
    Did you play in NH? Because it was great then.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Did you play in NH? Because it was great then.
    Viability in content from a damage standpoint =/= it's a fun mechanic.

Viability in content from a damage standpoint =/= it's a fun mechanic.
    So by good you mean fun to play? It's fine as is, hits hard, feels rewarding, if you suck at using it, just double tap in melee.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: I use it when it's best and will continue to use it when it's best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its fun but i wish it would explode on enemy contact .

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    So by good you mean fun to play? It's fine as is, hits hard, feels rewarding, if you suck at using it, just double tap in melee.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: I use it when it's best and will continue to use it when it's best.
    Matter of opinion. If you find it hard to use, and derive fun from that, fine by me.

its not hard to use its just a shit idea of a talent and if it wasnt for blizz been so stubborn would be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Matter of opinion. If you find it hard to use, and derive fun from that, fine by me.
    Hm? Don't think I said I find it hard anywhere. I merely gave a suggestion to those who do find it hard.

And yes, obviously it's an opinion thing. Fun does in fact vary person to person.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    I initially thought Bind on Account, but I know what you meant
    Haha yeah, my bad. Fixed it

Yes, I've used it when called for, yes I'll use it again if it's good. Sure, I found it a bit clunky at first, but it's not the first spell like that. It reminds me of the Wrath era flame orb (don't recall exact name), and it only stands out because it's so different from every other shot. The only reason not to use it now is competition with PS, which does change gameplay.

In BfA, it's competing with two so-so passives, so might be more interesting. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Yes, I've used it when called for, yes I'll use it again if it's good. Sure, I found it a bit clunky at first, but it's not the first spell like that. It reminds me of the Wrath era flame orb (don't recall exact name), and it only stands out because it's so different from every other shot. The only reason not to use it now is competition with PS, which does change gameplay.

In BfA, it's competing with two so-so passives, so might be more interesting. We'll see.
    If possible, would you want Blizzard to change Explosive shot or Replace it or leave it as it is?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hate the double activate mechanic, would rather have smart collision detection somehow.

It's fine for leveling or like encounters with lots of aoe, but it feels more like an explosive trap, activating it very fast/close to the target.

Long range it's just a stupid ability, Patient Sniper feels way more versatile overall.

It feels really weird casting it from long range, and then using another ability+global cooldown, and then having kept track of the projectile still.

Maybe that's just me.

(I am not in Alpha)

I see for Alpha they moved it with Volley and Careful Aim, and added a refund of some focus/cooldown if you miss detonating it.

At least it's not competing with Patient Sniper.

I'd probably use Explosive shot over the BfA Careful Aim, since 20% chance to do 200% aimed shot damage, only above 80% health seems really bad. The new Volley doesn't say a % chance, so can't say how good it is based on paper text.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-04-07 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    If possible, would you want Blizzard to change Explosive shot or Replace it or leave it as it is?
    If kept, renamed (it's not really a shot, more a rocket) as it isn't the old ES as others have mentioned. Otherwise they can leave it as is, I don't feel strongly about it either way.

If it's changed to a standard shot, i.e. guaranteed to hit the selected target, and explode/cleave/AoE, then Explosive Shot is a fine name. As is, it's more interesting than "a chance to Volley" and "a chance to do more damage in these % ranges".
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I hate the double activate mechanic, would rather have smart collision detection somehow.

It's fine for leveling or like encounters with lots of aoe, but it feels more like an explosive trap, activating it very fast/close to the target.

Long range it's just a stupid ability, Patient Sniper feels way more versatile overall.

It feels really weird casting it from long range, and then using another ability+global cooldown, and then having kept track of the projectile still.

Maybe that's just me.

(I am not in Alpha)

I see for Alpha they moved it with Volley and Careful Aim, and added a refund of some focus/cooldown if you miss detonating it.

At least it's not competing with Patient Sniper.

I'd probably use Explosive shot over the BfA Careful Aim, since 20% chance to do 200% aimed shot damage, only above 80% health seems really bad. The new Volley doesn't say a % chance, so can't say how good it is based on paper text.
    Careful Aim is also below 20 % health.

Based on effort, Explosive shot should be better for AoE than Volley as Volley is a passive talent. However, I really don't want to use Explosive shot.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Careful Aim is also below 20 % health.
    I missed that part

Careful aim sounds a bit better then, especially for single-target bosses, or long-range encounters with lots of moving.