Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Our Final Stand - Death Knights in BFA

"This is our final stand, what happens here will echo through the ages!"
    -Highlord Tiron Fordring
    Dear World of Warcraft Development team,

Being a long time Death Knight and WoW player in general myself and other fellow DKs have a variety of concerns going into BFA that have yet to be addressed. These aren't new issues that have recently surfaced but ones that have been discussed time and time with to no avail, despite our constant communication and various posts via MMO-Champ, Reddit, and these official forums.
    ---

Shafted on New Races Every Expansion
    We are no longer the 'new' flavor of the month class, we have been in this game going on over a decade now but still it seems whenever there are new races added to the game Death Knights are always forgotten.

No one is asking for every race to be able to roll every class but there are certainly good cases to be made for some of the Allied Races especially Void Elves, Dark Iron Dwarfs, and Zandalari Trolls. Truth be told there is absolutely nothing from a LORE perspective that is stopping any of these new races from being raised as Death Knights or even Pandaren. Before you could argue that the Pandaren were hidden away on Pandaria during Arthas' terror, but what about now since we have been raising new armies of DKs for the entirety of Legion? What is stopping us from taking one of these new dead Void Elvs and turning them into a DK knight before our Artifacts are stripped? You can even find a Pandaren DK follower that was added in during Warlords of Draenor.

http://www.wowhead.com/follower=239.2/gravewalker-gie

Yes, Death Knights have a unique starting zone that requires them to start at level 55 thus giving them a huge head start on earning heritage armor; however the most simple solution is just to make them eneligible to obtain them and most earn them on another class. For example I've already taken the liberty of earning the Void Elf HA so in theory if they ever allowed VE to be DK's I could then use that on my DK.

Blizzard please, I beg you. Please do the right thing and just allow us Death Knights to roll new Allied Races. I want to be a Void Elf DK so bad, it make sense, and as a loyal DK for 10 years I've earned it.

2H Frost
    I can't even begin to explain the overwhelming amount of support I've seen on various sites begging you guys to bring back two handed frost. This is one of the most iconic specs in all of World of Warcraft and it just doesn't feel right making it restricted to DW only. For me personally I have absolutely zero interest in playing unholy, that specialization is not fun and doesn't fulfill my fantasy choice.

Arthas wielded a '2H' weapon called 'Frost'mourne. We are his raised forces made in his image, and last time I checked Arthas did not dual wield. Now that artifact weapons are going away, why do we still have to be pigeon held into use 1-handers...no wants like it!

If properly balancing 2H frost vs 1H frost is the main concern then at least for goodness sake then at least give us a Glyph or something that allows us to change the appearance into a 2H weapon. All of Legion I had to transmogg my stupid artifact weapon because these giant lame swords wouldn't sheathe on the back and it looked awful. We want the giant 2H badass axe!
    ---

Thank you for your time.

Did you post this on the official forum also? Perhaps the development team would have better chances of seeing your post there rather than on MMO-Champion. I agree about the 2hand Frost thing but otherwise I disagree. You aren't entitled to anything even if you have been playing WoW for 10 years.

Deleted
    Pretty much what Prifter said.
    idk why people keep posting things directed at blizzard on these forums

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    "as a loyal DK for 10 years I've earned it."

lol you've earned nothing.
    K. sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Vims View Post
    Post it in as many forums as possible. Drop the same post in the official forums, reddit, twitter, here, and anywhere else you think Blizzard MIGHT have a chance of seeing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Third generation Death Knights are those who were raised by the Lich King himself, you should try to ask for new DK lore or something, but as I can say... I prefer the way it is, with the lore it has, with the races they can be.

And i say the same for Demon Hunters, but if Blizzard made a 4º generation of DK or new DH races in a respectful way, i'm all for it, but just adding for the sake of adding is not the style any game with wow's characteristics should take.

Post it on the official forums.

A VE DK does not make sense, lol.
    Not until there's a new generation of DKs trained by Bolvar's Scourge (A new starting zone for DKs) which.. Yunno I'm pretty positive will happen sometime soon, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frostmorne is now two weapons. So the 2nd point is irrelevant.
    Aye mate

These forums tend to be more active/populated because they are free while the official wow forums require subscription so they usually seem dead

No allied race made so far could possibly have death knights lorewise, except the Dark Iron dwarves. Considering a Dark Iron dwarf can be a paladin and shaman, they probably believed it would be too much to give, not to mention how it goes against the "fire" theme.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Post it on the official forums.
    I did but from my understanding from years being on these MMO-Champ forums that sometimes Blizzard reads in here as well.

I'd recommend Blood.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Arthas wasn't a pure frost dk. Lore characters aren't restricted to a single spec, or even a single class.

Now, i'm not saying frost should or shouldn't be able to wield 2-handed weapons. I would like them to be able to, if it didn't make duelwield the inferior choise. I would also like fury warriors to be able to wield 1-handers and be viable, but that's for another topic. same with 2h enhancement shaman.

But i love my duelwield frost. I liked 2h frost back and mop aswell, but these fast attacks ehanced by frost magic feels nice to me. The spec as it is now plays really great, and i think it's in the best state it has ever been in.

Have you been on the official forums? Your thread gets buried within 20 mins and GL the devs ever looking at it.

I know Blizz lurks these forums and i have my suspicions of a few posters who could actually be devs but i wont name names.

Horde has 2, count em, 2 Paladin races.

Alliance has double that at 4.

Horde and Alliance both have 6 Dk races. 6. 12 total compared to 6 total for paladins.

The difference is unlike DKs which are lore locked into a period of time where new races literally CAN'T have possibly been a part of (aside from maybe DI Dwarves) any race that's devout enough can become a Paladin.

Stop complaining about a lack of racial diversity when DK is only behind a few classes in racial divesity as is. Stop being so fucking selfish.

Or how about this, DK's can have a new race but every other class gets 2 new class mounts to make them equal to Dks. Everyone else can also have a portal to a special place with free weapon enchants.

Fuck off with these posts. You can have what you deserve as Blizzard's 1st Hero class. Nothing. DKs were the golden child of WOTLK and still get some crazy preferential treatment when it comes to class specific things. Get over yourself OP.

Well i have already made a post related to the next generation of death knights and demon hunters. I believe it is time for blizzard to acknowledge that the existant demon hunters and death knights + bolvar are powerful enough to continue to bloster their ranks with new recruits, continuing with the work of illidan and of arthas / gul'dan. Yes guldan was responsible for warcraft 2 death knights.

So i cant see why these hero classes should freeze in time and not evolve without getting new recruits or new races that join their order. Evolution is a natural thing. All things need to adapt to the new circunstances or they simply die. Ebon Blade and the Illidari need to find a new purpose for their existance or they will soon disappear

And i think you can play a 2hand in frost in bfa. It is just that legion locked this for the specs for gameplay artifact purposes
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-04-14 at 07:38 AM.

Go to the boss fight for lich king.
    He has like 2 frost spells compared to a ton of blood and unholy spells.
    Stop using a weapon name for you pathetic 2h frost agenda. Names mean nothing

- - - Updated - - -

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lich_King_(tactics)
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Death Knights aren't forgotten.

Death Knights can't be new races because they were made by Arthas, you know that guy who is dead now?

Thanks for your time and try not to complain when you don't know your lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    Dear World of Warcraft Development team,

Being a long time Death Knight and WoW player in general myself and other fellow DKs have a variety of concerns going into BFA that have yet to be addressed. These aren't new issues that have recently surfaced but ones that have been discussed time and time with to no avail, despite our constant communication and various posts via MMO-Champ, Reddit, and these official forums.
    ---

Shafted on New Races Every Expansion
    I get your point and agree with it, but this is just not correct. DK's did get new races with Cata, so it's not every expansion.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread