Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They should add symbol for each buff which would make corresponding skill affected by gcd, but increase buff duration by 3.0 seconds. So everyone can choose own playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No, it wasn't. Very few CDs were ever on the GCD. This is a drastic change to something that we've been used to for over a decade now, and the reasoning for it is terrible. If it fixes a "huge issue in PvP" then make it PvP specific instead of fucking with PvE where it's not an issue(or at least this isn't the solution). It also doesn't solve "feeling like a champion for 15 seconds, after which you were basically useless", because that's entirely down to the tuning of the CDs, not just the number of CDs being stacked. Ret has been like that for ages even though it only has Wings and nothing else.
    Also talents like Totem Mastery are shit too, which is one of the few "putting down totems" left in the game.
    This is factually incorrect. In vanilla literally every spell was on the GCD, because it wasn't possible to put a spell off of it at all. The GCD was built into the game engine to prevent server overload.

Even spells like Cold Blood, which was a CD that produced exactly one crit, was on the GCD.

This didn't change until WotLK, and by then only a handful of spells were off the GCD. Interrupts, all defensives, and all major offensive cooldowns were on the GCD. This continued into Cataclysm.

The first time a large number of spells got off the GCD was Mists of Pandaria.

It is good, because after all WoW started like that, with global cooldowns meaning something. ANd after all those years they made it more like a GCD didn't mean anything anymore. Next step would be a game like starcraft where there is no GCD at all. And this is the most horrible design ever for a MMO game like WoW.

If you can stack and enable like 5 Cooldowns with 1 macro/button what is the point of having 5 different spells anyway? just put all those things into 1 spell. The evolution of this would be, what eevryone hates. less spells, more pruining, more stuff put into one spell that does everything at once etc.

If you do not have time to react to something because your oppponent tacks like 3+ cooldowns to burn someone down like crazy and you are forced to uise addons to see it or also use 1 button cooldown stacking macros to counter this. This lead to bad gameplay like we saw in Legion. That kind of bullshit didn't exist in TBC to this extend. And the TBC gameplay was much better, IMHO at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    This is factually incorrect. In vanilla literally every spell was on the GCD, because it wasn't possible to put a spell off of it at all. The GCD was built into the game engine to prevent server overload.
    This is true, but that wasn't the only real reason, MMOs do not make sense with a starcraft like gameplay, without GCDs at all. That would make the gameplay a total mess tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If cooldown stacking is a problem, stop making cheap design choices with boring cooldown talents devs.
    ^ This

Don't put the cooldowns on GCD, just remove those cooldowns.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    This is true, but that wasn't the only real reason, MMOs do not make sense with a starcraft like gameplay, without GCDs at all. That would make the gameplay a total mess tbh.
    Don't know. As a pve-only player (M+/raiding) on different positions over the years (melee/range dps, healer, currently tank) I like how the gameplay evolved... The problems you describe with reacting to those instant abilities do not apply to the pve environment. Because the only thing pve players have to react to is pve mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    If you can stack and enable like 5 Cooldowns with 1 macro/button what is the point of having 5 different spells anyway? just put all those things into 1 spell. The evolution of this would be, what eevryone hates. less spells, more pruining, more stuff put into one spell that does everything at once etc.
    And what is the point of pressing 5 buttons one after another in order to "manually stack" them? Or pressing 5 buttons at the same time if you don't wanna use a macro for it? Maybe there's something wrong with the class design as a whole if its damage evolves around activating 5 CDs first? Adding GCDs to those buttons is not the solution for an obvious design problem..
    Last edited by Rylalai; 2018-04-16 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    Don't know. As a pve-only player (M+/raiding) on different positions over the years (melee/range dps, healer, currently tank) I like how the gameplay evolved... The problems you describe with reacting to those instant abilities do not apply to the pve environment. Because the only thing pve players have to react to is pve mechanics.

And what is the point of pressing 5 buttons one after another in order to "manually stack" them? Or pressing 5 buttons at the same time if you don't wanna use a macro for it? Maybe there's something wrong with the class design as a whole if its damage evolves around activating 5 CDs first? Adding GCDs to those buttons is not the solution for an obvious design problem..
    True, I always look at it from a PvP point of view. For Raid it is of course another story. The point is, giving the opponent an opportunity to react to something, per GCD. And giving single spells a meaning, as I said, why having 5 spells/buttons if 99% of the playerbase put them into one macro for 1 button press anyway? The logical consequence of it would be, to put all the stuff into 1 spell, which leads to even more pruning, what is disliked by almost the entire community, or giving every single spell a meaning and counter opportunity for the opponents.

I really would like to see it changed even further. Not allowing to stack dmg spells/cooldowns at all, which means, if you have like an DMG cooldown active, you can not activate another one until the first one ran out etc.
    Last edited by nodq; 2018-04-16 at 11:25 AM.

Fury warriors should only have 2 cds at most. Easy fix.

This new gcd is good. Stop pretending you are offended. You are not. You're just too lazy to click more than one button.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Fury warriors should only have 2 cds at most. Easy fix.

This new gcd is good. Stop pretending you are offended. You are not. You're just too lazy to click more than one button.
    Very well thought out reply by someone that has obviously tested this out extensively and know every players preference over their own brain. Truly remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Very well thought out reply by someone that has obviously tested this out extensively and know every players preference over their own brain. Truly remarkable.
    Don't try to argue with a White Knight; that futile.
    About the GCD-issue. In the end it's simply stupid; if Cooldown-stacking is a problem, then change cooldowns to add a universal cooldown to the other ones. Or make it so that you can only have 1 offensive cooldown and 1 defensive cooldown active at the same time. But getting them on the GCD is simply stupid.

But now i'm pretty sure that blizzard can actually do it: Creating an expansion that is even worse than WoD. Come on devs, i know that if somebody can create it, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Please explain to us how pressing 1 button to active 5 abilities at the same time is considered good gameplay ? What's the point of having 5 if you're using them at the same time? It's dumb..

Deleted
    Since as a warlock all my stuff is on the GCD, I say to melee tears, welcome to my world.

I am guessing that the thinkign behind this is to make performance less dependent on optimial use of multiple combined cooldowns and abilities. That has two problems: it creates am undesirable gap between peopel who pull it off perfectly and those who don;t, and generates large spikes which in turn make it harder to balance between classes. It might be nice to be able to do huge numbers during a vulnerability phase, but the downsid eis is can make for unsatisfying play outsid eof those, makes designign encounters harder, makes class balancing harder, and it sucks for progression if that phase is late in the fight.

There is the issue of animation cancelling though.
    Just make CDs' visuals uncancellable. Problem solved without impacting gameplay.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

i don't have a problem with offensive CDs being on the GCD, i just hope the class design keeps up and we don't end up with a situation where doing what the above posted gif demonstrated is the optimal way.

i think arguments like "if it is best it is allowed to be shitty and clunky" or "if you want to play optimal, accept shitty gameplay" are stupid.
    thats like saying "a fast car can be ugly, loud and inconvenient because it is fast".

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post

Even spells like Cold Blood, which was a CD that produced exactly one crit, was on the GCD.

This didn't change until WotLK, and by then only a handful of spells were off the GCD. Interrupts, all defensives, and all major offensive cooldowns were on the GCD. This continued into Cataclysm.

The first time a large number of spells got off the GCD was Mists of Pandaria.
    Presence of Mind was off the GCD(as you can see in literally any PoM Pyro video on Youtube), so clearly you're wrong. Not going to go through every class when this example alone proves you wrong.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Please explain to us how pressing 1 button to active 5 abilities at the same time is considered good gameplay ? What's the point of having 5 if you're using them at the same time? It's dumb..
    Yes, so you remove some of those 5 abilities that always get stacked.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

It makes sub rogue play like shit because symbols of death is on the GCD now

And how would your character execute the CD visual together with the visuals of whatever other ability they are using at the same time? This would only work if CD visuals were only forms or FX that do not involve character animation.
    Take Battle Cry on live, it has the bell thing above your head. Combustion sets you on fire. Do something like that for every class. Or just literally make them uncancellable and don't start other animations during it, not like WoW combat animations look fluid anyway, they get cancelled/overwritten constantly.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yeah combustion is perfect for this since it's just a form. I just mentioned it because it is a legitimate concern imo.
    Nearly every CD already has a pretty good visual cue, so not really sure how it's a concern. I hope nobody actually looks for the yell animation on a warrior to determine if they use Battle Cry, the bell thing exists. Avatar makes you big and metallic looking. Arcane Power makes you glow with arcaney stuff. Incarnation adds moon/blood/leaf stuff under your feet. Ascendance turns you into, well, an elemental ascendant. I actually can't think of any CDs where it isn't clear it's active or has been activated at least(in a PvP situation)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I like it, There has been this min/max stupidity where you had to bind as many actions together as possible to play competitively rather than applying what you have at the best time.

Hidden "Mechanics" like this that you have to find and research shouldn't be part of the game.